1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Callum McGregor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by greengrocer, Jul 5, 2014.

Discuss Callum McGregor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

A boy who single handedly destroyed leiga 3-0 to get us through isn't going anywhere. Here for life.

2. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Genuinely think he'll be a one club man. If against the odds he does go then your talking silly money to get him. We should laugh bids of £15 million out the door.

3. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I would have thought it is more likely to stem back to those rumours floating about that it was him that told Lenny that "Rodgers didn't shout at us". From that it's a small step to "he preferred playing for BR" and then on to "he's obviously going to Leicester". I think that is all bollocks, however I can see him wanting to play down there at some stage, the question for me is when. I think he'd probably want to stay for 10, but if he's worried he may not get the opportunity again if he waits another 2 years it might force his hand. But that is all just idle speculation on my part.

4. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    There will always be interest in him, hes been a class act over the last few seasons.
    I can imagine BR wanting him down there though, he loved McGregor's versatility!

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If the fraud even considers phoning Celtic for any of our players I would tell the * to * right off.

Let’s make no mistake he walked out on these guys, walked out on their recovery session and left JK to tell the players he then text them a few days later I would lose all respect for the players if they even considered moving with that *

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  6. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Exactly mate, Grade A RAT

McGregors loving life at Celtic and with him Having played the most games out of any player in Europe last season, the club will try everything to keep him here! ...I would hope

bagforlife and johnboy19 like this.
  7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Guy I sit with knows Callum's da. Gets tickets off him from time to time. I'll message him and see if he can get anything. Always suspected he would be the most likely for the rat to target.

8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

If he goes it will need to be a £25m bid in my opinion. Would be ridiculous to sell for any less. He's a crucial player for us.

9. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

£100m you * Rodgers

10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'll go against the grain, if they want to start throwing bids of around £25m I'd sell him in a flash, only thing is I'd rather get rid of ntcham and guys like button and that, so might be too much selling central players.

Outwith about 2 to 2.5 years under Brendan Rodgers he's been bang average, and only came in flashes since he's been away. Before Brendan came I'd have flogged him.

Might be he's the only one that might get the best out of him with the players he feels should be around him.

I'd hope there is the return of that player in that period under BR, but not sure.

11. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    If Rodgers wants McGregor I'd consider selling for offers over £25m (and a 50% sell on clause) + they have to do a straight swap of Benkovic for Compper, and also have to buy Hendry for another £10m.

M 67, Zanderama and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  12. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He might not play 100 games next season, incredible scenes.

13. clonbhoy

50 million cash as well as Maddison and Benkovic. That should be the starting point

StPauli1916 and johnboy19 like this.
  14. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Agreed. Not trying to say he is a better player than Dembele but I think we would miss mcgregor more.

15. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If they are willing to bid 25 million I'd want us to try and get more, they have the money and we don't need to sell. He had just turned 23 during rodgers first season, was still a youngeter under Deila was often played in the wrong position so no wonder he blew hot and cold. I also don't think he was bad under deila, was one of the good things to happen under his management.

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If John McGinn is worth £20 million then McGregor is worth a good bit more.

Spare me the nonsense about because he plays down in England, he's excelled in a league that Daryl Murphy, Martyn Waghorn and Joey Barton have looked good in.

McGregor has played at an exceptionally high level for years, is a full international, has goals against Bayern Munich, Ajax and Zenit on his CV, is comfortable playing anywhere in midfield, is still relatively young with his best years coming up and is tied down until June 2023. Nothing less than a fee that blows Dembele's out the water should be entertained.

17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

ITK?:34:

StPauli1916 and Seán Mac D like this.
  18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    If and that’s a big if, the Rat Rodgers wants him we should hold them to ransom. If it’s Cash then they can start with 25 million plus add ons or if it’s cash and player then Benkovic and 15-20 million.

19. clonbhoy

This is all hypothetical anyway as I don't think the player is wanting to leave, but should offers be tabled I think it is important that Celtic get the best possible deal. The board get a lot of praise regarding their business transactions, but I felt the club was left short in the VVD and Dembele transfers. The sell-on clause redeemed them in the VVD instance, but more should have been obtained up front. I hope Dembele has similar.
    We don't need to sell McGregor and he isn't(as far as I know) in a rush to leave, so with the way the modern market goes, the potential buyers have to either stump up or * off.

I do hate comparing transfer fees though. They are incomparable these days. They used to be in some way reflective of ability, now there are so many factors, not to mention so much money, that there is no reason or logic to them, especially when involving top English clubs and franchises.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

If he left, it would sour this window regardless of what other business we do..