1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This isn't a sideways dig at Brendan but the reason I think Ronny is so well loved is he is very positive, determinded to play beautiful football or be damned but essentially very loyal, maybe not our favourite superlative but certainly our favourite attrtibute.

I don't think we've ever had a manager who had such wide swings in form, that 7 1 party for his last game made me so happy for him, it was the perfect send off because we knew that was what he was aiming for and due to the worst luck I've seen any manager get especially in the Cup and Europe, he fell short and then we got incredibly lucky with Brendan who ironically was an almost polar opposite experience with us now I come to think about it :56:

You know what I really think though and this might be a sideways dig, Lenny is the bravest manager and most complete Celtic man we've had for a while and it takes a brave manager to accept the challenge of taking the reigns of a team mid way through an eighth consecutive title challenge but more critical, two seasons from a historic 10th and reckoning title.

When I look at Lenny I think * does he feel? I mean I know I feel amazing being a Celtic fan but he makes my ecstasy look almost laid back and uninterested, * :56:

So I'm going to tempt fate and be damned, currently, I can't imagine anyone else I'd rather see lift that 10th Title than Neil Lennon (and Broony, another man who's fuel is passion and who I love heart and soul completely). :52: :ynwacelti :party22:

Grimm likes this.
  2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Love Ronny.

The67Sound and Rydo1888* like this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The club organized him a gaff near Marhall hotel in Erskine, close to where I was staying. Don't think he realized the magnitude of Celtic; first season he arrived I used to see him in Morrisons a lot or the local pub. Got the impression he was expecting to live a quiet ordinary life - coach football and head home. The following season he must have learned that in Scotland every * and their granny recognizes the Celtic manager cause never seen him in public again. Erskine's majority Huns too so he probably took some absolute pelters.

FannyHaddock and neilly1987 like this.
  5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    ROAR! ROAR! ROAR!

8. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    * brilliant. I still love him

The67Sound likes this.
  9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Posting a tribute to McNeill on his anniversary while Rodgers sets up an interview to try and excuse what he done on the day we’re going for a Treble Treble.

Sums both up really.

10. MattD

Love the guy. He tried to push the club forward with his ideas which is always more admirable than somebody sticking to lumpen status quo methods in my opinion.

He was also undone by * like Kris Commons and that cabal who never bought into his methods, simply because they weren’t allowed tomato ketchup at lunch (suggests the sorry state of professionalism and how far behind the culture in Scotland was - Wenger was banning this and emphasising diet and fitness a quarter of a century ago at Arsenal ffs).

The ones who undermined him.... Immature, unprofessional * the lot of them.

11. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Also a big fan of Ronny idea's

Last edited: May 18, 2023
    Pearse67*, StPauli1916 and ChrisMoh like this.
  12. MattD

I’m not a dietician or fitness expert by any means, but if all top class teams are banning the most ‘trivial’ of foods, then there must be some reasoning and science behind it.

If clubs like Arsenal were accepting it a quarter of a century ago and all top class professional teams, then clubs like Celtic should have followed suit. The fact we’re here discussing this in 2019 is ludicrous and is endemic of the luddite culture of Scottish football.

Just look at Kris Commons - a fat * who never was keen on shifting the extra timber, suggesting so much complacency within Celtic. It’s a cultural thing for sure - Ryan Fraser was told to lose weight when he moved to Bournemouth when Eddie Howe told him to stop eating ice cream. Ice cream! And Derek McInnes is claimed by many (* knows why) to be one of the more ‘progressive’ coaches in the Scottish game.... The dieticians and fitness coaches are right to be worried if Lennon let’s them do so again.

Until every bit of complacency in the Scots game is replaced by the professionalism, work ethic and forward thinking strategies on the continent, we will continue to embarrass ourselves. The fact that Scotland’s greatest ever club even struggles with this is an embarrassment.

Dziekanowski and Bayern Bru like this.
  13. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Pish.

How do you "remove every bit of complacency "? Have every top team " on the continent" removed every bit of complacency ?

You believe too much * you read in the papers which is embarrassing for you.

Would you rather a team that wins things and completes all it's goals or one that eats "properly "?

14. MattD

Too much * in the papers yeah? Perhaps you ought to broaden your horizons. I think you’d find all top teams on the continent adhering to strict fitness and dietary levels - the fact that Ronny says John Collins (who was nearing 50) was fitter than some players shows how unprofessional Lennon was in particular with his focus on this area.

It’s called common sense for an athlete. It’s just backwards otherwise. But hey, reading from the Lennon rulebook of letting the lads relax with a few beers and some burgers that will improve morale will make them perform even better....

15. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    :32:

Waste of a post. Again no facts "common sense" etc but just your opinion. "John Collins said" :56:

16. MattD

17. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
  18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Ronny's teams were blowing out their * with 20 minutes to go.

StPauli1916 and freitassen like this.
  19. freitassen

I do agree that there is a lot of incompetence in scottish football, a complacent mentality, bad diet, and they are specially bad compared to scandinavian teams.

That said Ronny's tenure as a Celtic manager was a * car crash and the proof that anyone can win the scottish league with Celtic. There were a few positives such as the recruitment of Ajer and Sviatchenko, but he had absolutely no clue on what he was doing. He talked a lot of cool stuff, including the bits about fitness, and what happened in the pitch was the direct opposite (including fitness, our teams were dead at the end of the game). Regardless of opposition, competition, how well the team was playing, the mentality, strategy and substitutions were the same. It seemed like the team was managed by a robot. Maybe he would be indeed a great assistant manager but completely out of depth here. I remember being livid with anger during the games, and I was not the only one. I can't remember a single game this guy won where we weren't huge favourites: anytime we went to a match (or a double legged playoff) that was an even and fair contest we lost. He should have left after the Malmo game.

20. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I note he mentions about fat percentage, he did say he didn't think they were right.

Boy I play footy with went upto Lennoxtown and played some footy thing, his team was under the wing of Bertie Auld, not sure how it came about.

But he saw the chart they're talking about.

Top of the least fat was Kris Commons, bottom of it was Victor Wanyama.