1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Arzani

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by aussiehoops, Jul 25, 2018.

Discuss Daniel Arzani in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    A 20 year old with 24 A league games under his belt for 1 year. I don't see the point.
    Forrest, Sinclair, Morgan, Shved, Hayes, Johnston, all ours and all capable wide men.
    Dembele & Oko-Flex waiting in the wings (pun intended) too. Send him home.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  2. Seosamh Máirtín

What the * is this *? Hope they don't think about having Rogic away for that and all.

As for Arzani, I don't even know why he came here in the first place. Send him back to City.

3. DonnyCelt

Tbf he looked quality in his only appearance. If it wasn't for his injury he could've been a big player for us during the rest of the season

callumrae1967, Boruc17 and stew37 like this.
  4. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Aye send him back.

5. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Keeps the women happy:34:

bagforlife likes this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Poster's have said we've got an option of permanent..

Very quick and robbed of a promising season with us after looking good on at Dens..

Why no keep him for another season if he's back fit now for pre season?

7. stew37

I think he looks a brilliant prospect, was very unfortunate with his injury.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Got to give him a chance, what have we got to lose?

9. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    This. He looks talented and could really help against stubborn defences something we will come up against a lot, no harm in giving him a try, we already no what Sinclair, Hayes, MJ ect can offer

JC Anton likes this.
  10. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tbf I've not seen him play but I'm worried about losing the confidence in our youth system which appears to be bearing fruit lately and I really want us to be brave and focus on our own players. Maybe a bit pie in the sky or maybe we can do both?

But if he is very good then we'd be mad to turn down any player like that as anyone with verve and attacking instinct is going to inspire the kind of performances we want and need.

I know we can't be exclusive about quality and positions but when it comes to loans I wish we would focus on trying to secure our defence first and foremost. Gutted Benkovic isn't returning.

JC Anton likes this.
  11. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Looked good for the reserves and his brief 1st team appearance.
    Pretty sure there's an option to buy as well.

Could be handy and like a pop at goal from distance, as does shved as well.

For a team playing in four competitions (possibly) next season we need a good rotation of attacking players, and as mentioned before could be useful picking up points against * 11 men behind the ball defences

Gyp Rosetti, Lilac Wine and JC Anton like this.
  12. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If there's an option to buy and the fee is reasonable then that makes a huge difference and we'd have to give him a go surely.

Wish every loan had an option to buy, wild horses couldn't have dragged Paddy away.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Lets hear it then..

14. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I thought that looked promising enough? Did I miss something?

On Arzani I believe we have a set fee agreed to make it permanent

If that’s the case and I remember reading about it, then he’s as good as our player, or if not better!!

Because if he’s good enough then we trigger the contract and if he’s not we let him go without hanging about the squad for years collecting a wage or is financing most of his wages when he’s at loan to a smaller club.

He must have something about him. My only fear is we are stockpiling wingers, but another reason to move Sinclair on if we can get couple million for him.

This might be slightly controversial but I’d be happy to sell Hayes because he’s already hit his ceiling which is a bit part player in our squad. But next season give Arzani MJ and Sheved more game time.

We need another number 7 which Hayes and Sinclair are not. Someone who can play in the middle or out in wide position if needed another Naka or Lubo

Jury is out on Morgan but I don’t think he will make it. Another loan on the cards

Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Think I read somewhere Benkovic is going back south but would love it if he's staying.

Aye that construct of the Arzani deal sounds perfect for us, basically risk free. Can't help feeling doubt when something is risk free for us when he's a City player :43:

Definitely controversial saying it's ok for Hayes to go before we've seen the others (apart from Mikey) in the heat of battle. For sure he's never getting played in his preferred position but he's done a decent job covering for KT. Although folk who've already seen Arzani and Shved might agree with you. I agree we should be able to get better, it's just seeing it first before we sell.

Strange one with Sincy, I don't think it's his age yet, he's only 30. His problem is confidence, he's not even willing to take players on. Mind when Jamesy was in that perilous position, full of obvious ability but his head full of doubt, then Rodgers did a Mr Miyagi on him. Hopefuly Lenny can do that to Sincy cause he can be so effective.

Aye stockpiling only works if all the players are quality and not fussed about being rotated but us being a selling club I'm not so sure we will ever manage that in a squad. Ronny had 16 midfielders at one point and there were obviously so many who weren't going to make it. Allan for instance, guy with loads of potential looking skill didn't have a look in under Ronny and it's mad to think he's still here considering Rodgers said he was going to trim the squad to 25 essential players who were going to play a part in our season. We never got close to it. We really need to get close to it, too many cooks spoil the broth.

I think you might get more flak for suggesting we could get another Lubo and Naka :57: How bliss would that be, don't think I'd even be worried about 10iar anymore, after winning the CL next season it wouldn't matter :100:

16. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    We talk a lot about lennys first rebuilding job but strachan brought in 3 first team players in his first season that had great impact. Naka was one of them along with our poles Boruc and magic.

If Lenny can deliver 3 quality additions now and get the potential of an Arzani or Sheved then it should be a good season

ChrisMoh, TheHappyLoss and Lilac Wine like this.
  17. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Source?

18. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Daniel Arzani breaks his Celtic silence as he targets 'big season' and reveals what he has to prove

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport.../daniel-arzani-breaks-celtic-silence-16510880

Daniel Arzani is targeting breaking into the Celtic team and proving to the world the hype should be believed.

Big things were expected of the prodigious Aussie when the Scottish champions signed him on loan from Manchester City on a two-year deal.

But disaster struck when he ruptured his ACL on his debut against Dundee back in October 2018.

However, he is fit again and ready to go as he told Fox Football Podcast of his ambitions.

Arzani said: "I’ve set my eyes on next season being a big one for me.

"A lot of people of have been saying I have potential, but at the end of the day there’s still a lot unproven.

"Right now my main focus is just getting back from this ACL injury and feeling good.

"For me (Rodgers’ exit) doesn’t change anything.

"It was a challenge for me to play under Brendan Rodgers at the beginning – his mindset was to have his attackers defend a lot. It’s not an easy team to break into."

Arzani will join his Celtic team-mates next week for pre-season training ahead of the Champions League qualifiers in mid-July.

19. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I'm looking forward to seeing this wee guy this season. Hopefully he can keep fit and he could hold down that left wing position with sinky back up. Like a new signing lol

Murph-E likes this.
  20. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    So that's him on the left and Forrest and Shved competing on the right. Defences are going to have to be on their toes next season.