1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    As ive said numerous times... ive defended PL to the absolute hilt.

Not anymore.

Lawell and the board look at our playing squad and see nothing but a bottom line.

If it comes to investing in the squad or investing in the non playing assets theyll chose the latter every single time. Disco lights and hybrid surfaces are more about raising the stadium value and attracting outside events than they are about actually helping our * team.

His last soundbite claims that we are "independent" from outide influences. Namely the huns. But hes a * liar.

He and the board are looking across the city and seeing sevco side that blew their wad on last season. Without serious 3rd party investment or a crazy offer totalling at least 15-20m they'll be in administration without a real lengthy run in european football. THIS is how PL and the board are being reactionary. There is no threat from sevco... therefore no threat to our dominance. At least right now.

His previous claims that EVERY PENNY goes back into into the club. Spurious at best. Only true if he sees board level dividends and exectutive officer bonuses as "the club".

The last time the * made grandiose claims we, again, were left with our dicks in the wind. Rodgers makes the champions league...Lawwell is delighted. He might have had to much rougue. Nonetheless he publically makes the boast that Rodgers will have "every penny of the european profits" at his disposal. We signed kouassi for 3m. Which was basically paid for by the sales of scepovic of stefan Johansson. The only money we spent of that 30m+ profit was ntcham in the next summer window, along with johnny hayes. EVERY other signing was a loan.

The next season we make the CL again. Ntcham and hayes the only buys. Another 30+m. Winter rolls around... compper and hendry.

Peter Lawell can * off. Absolute * cheek of him to take that bonus. He can take his half truths and hyperbole and ram them up bankiers *.

And Desmond can * off too.

2. oh bhoy

So Peter doesn't do social media ,probably why he's so out of touch.can't wait till the 3 days between the last champions league qualifier and end of the transfer window to see who we are scrambling about for

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I have strong doubts about that due to the other day, but for my own happiness, I'm going to assume you are right unless and until the summer proves otherwise.

I mean, if he is backed properly and we get in Park or someone like him to help him, but with an Eddy-like willingness to invest in expensive young talent if the resale value is there, it could be a really good year next year.

If.

jocksteinupper and Liam Scales like this.
  4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    This * thinks he’s bulletproof, missed key targets in the summer and our squad is a shambles. Does this * even watch us or does he spend the full game in hospitality.

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

There’s no point saying there’s a big rebuild needed...

I’m a harsh critic of Lawwell but what would that achieve, we’ve just secured a triple treble what would that say to the players who have achieved it?

LB, RB x2, CB x 2 ST... ship out the lame and pish and we’re in very good shape.

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    ........ is a *.

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'm sure they are aware. It's a complete contradiction to our club captain's comments a week ago:

"There will be a clear-out at the end of the season and a lot of people will be leaving and there will be a lot of new faces coming in as well."

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  8. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Guy would be a master politician too!! He's not going to come out and say they'll be a clear out whether it's happening or not for umpteen reasons. Plus thinking that way gives me some hope that he's gonna back Lenny when there's not a lot floating about!!

Ps- social media my *!! As if you need that to read the banners telling you to sling your hook a while back. Knows fine what's going on. Just hid it slightly better than Desmond, that's not saying much though.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I hope you're right but as I say I will believe it when it happens.

Heard it all before in regards to transfers. One thing this time is we simply have to strengthen so there's nowhere really to hide.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    0 league titles. Lawwell out.

11. joemc

always space for compensation deals and frees who are quality and not to be knocked , i dont expect many loans and see a few leaving, there will be funds there to meet the managers requests , absolutely no doupt on that ,but we also cannot hinder great prospects like mikey johnston and wee hendo , ralston is make or break this season and looks to have lost a lot of confidence from his first shot ,would love to see him make it here ,has to take his chance , we need a destroyer ,like lenny, wanyama or broony ,would love to see kt get a shot there ,think he would be awesome tbh ,can we no clone him .

12. saltire78

? I'm confused... ?
    You actually think it's beneficial that all our squad are unsettled, and that people we try to buy from jack up prices and personal terms?

You don't think anyone's actually going to bid worth * on the players we don't need do you? Or that they'll respect our opinion on those we want to keep. They'll smell blood in the water and it'll be Tierney this, Christie that, Ajer the other thing, every single day in the papers, right into our CL qualifiers... better to shut that * down and we take control...

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’ll get steadily more worried the longer Lenny hasn’t gave a yes to the offer....

jocksteinupper and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  14. Bonobhoy

* Rodent...

* about with the John McGinn issue....and look at what he did alone today and the money he made Villa.

Sick to death of this guy

bhoy81, Gyp Rosetti and Rydo1888* like this.
  15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I know I was watching the game as well! Made me feel sick that Lawwell once again * dropped the ball.

He has been * unreal at Villa this season, I really did see him as Browns natural successor as well.

Made me laugh when people said he wouldn’t even get into our side!

Bonobhoy likes this.
  16. Ak1

PL like every single person in position if authority, gets some things right and of course some things wrong.

He can't take credit for record turnover, but not be accountable for our wage bill spinning to supposedly dangerously levels.

Equally being in overall charge for 8iar and treble/treble provides credibility, whilst struggling in Europe against sides with smaller budgets is similarly unacceptable.

Currently Ajax are again flavour of the month due to their superb run in this years CL, and with our best players over the past 3 seasons being KT, Calmac and Forest. It wouldn't surprise me to see the club put more emphasis on its own younger players over the next 1-2 years.

I just sincerely hope the predictions about the Huns, going back into administration are correct.

Creativecelt likes this.
  17. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'd add a gk & a creative centre mid to that list mate. Also tempted to go cb x 2.
    The players that have achieved this triple treble need a rest. Many of them have hit 40+ games per season constantly over the last 3 years, had minimal summer recovery and those that haven't have spent long periods injured which also needs addressing. Add to that we looking into another 60 game season next year.
    Lawwell might publicly say no massive rebuild required but I hope to * he doesn't actually believe that.

JC Anton likes this.
  18. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They put that in the papers regardless of what we say. But honesty from the people running the club would be something refreshing.

19. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Every time I think of McGinn I'm raging :47: A season or two with us and he could have gone anywhere,

20. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Peter Lawwell is the kinda * to see a box of Greggs doughnuts & say ‘don’t mind if I do’ whilst wiggling his fingers