1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] Are you satisfied with the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celticfan01, May 26, 2019.

Discuss [POLL] Are you satisfied with the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamienCorkBhoy

The poll is a lot closer than I expected.
    I love Neil Lennon a through Celtic man but I just expected and wanted better.

Would his name have come up for any other job in world football for a club anywhere close to the size of Glasgow Celtic?

The plus side for me is that I'm like number 9000 on the season ticket waiting list so Lennon's appointment might bump me up the list a bit.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  2. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

What we are forgetting is Lenny has been offered it, he hasn't accepted it.....yet. With the the way our board works there could still be a few twists yet. Lenny is in a position to get the best deal not only for himself but transfer budget. It may turn out yet we will have more to spend on players than if we appointed a so called marquee manager. The board couldnt actually offer Lenny a small transfer budget and embarrass themselves having to announce Lenny turned them down??? Nothing would surprise me, Lenny knows what started the demise of the relationship between The Rat and Lawell, the McGinn saga. It may just be that Lenny can secure the funds to get the quality players in we have been wanting in the weakest areas.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  3. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Agree with that, but they were * long before Lennon was given the interim job.

What we’ve seen has been Rodgers’ tactics with Lennon as manager, he’s not had his own backroom staff, he’s not had his own squad really.

I’m very far from being completely pro Lennon, but maybe what we need is intelligent investment in the squad and club structure, and with that Lennon might be enough.

As for the way the players have reacted to him, you’ll have seen the way he interacts with them on the side of the pitch - the players will respond to that. If we appoint a known name as DOF for example we could have the best of both worlds - a manager who is a motivator and understands what it means to be a player for Celtic, and a big name to bring in the players and make the meaningful decisions at club level

ChrisMoh and JML67 like this.
  4. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    No and I dont believe anyone that watches or even follows football outside Celtic is either.

5. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Some of our support is completely happy with their bubble, others have a bit of perspective.

6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I’m slim shady, speak for yer self.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    We’ll see what happens :50:

8. Jeremie Frimpong

Lawwell has already confirmed that the board acted negligently throughout this farce by failing to consider other options. Why would it hesitate to appoint Lennon if he were an unpopular appointment with the players, as he is with supporters?

9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Also, I'm hoping Lenny hasn't forgotten the board dismantled his dream team, sold Samaras against his wishes and tried to force Deila on him as the AssMan.

10. Richmal

not my words, but hits the nail on the head (dont expect the Lenny (delia) fanboys to agree of course!!!!!) but if you dont like my post,...do as Marie said......’ just ignore him

‘I love Neil Lennon but i love Celtic more...imho he is a mediocre, at best, manager. Further, i don't think he has the dignified persona of a Celtic manager, all that silly running around doing airplanes and running down into to corner flags is, at best, exceptionally childish and his embarrassing press conferences, especially the one before we went to ibrox are just a joke . Then, as we've already seen, he has a tendency to blame the players publicly when a result doesn't go our way...THE SAME PLAYERS WHO JUST WON A HISTORIC TREBLE...Trebles which we would never have won with Lennon, the johnny hayes experiment and his relic long ball out of defence footballing style...and remember, both Lennon and Deila had 5 attempts between them to win a treble and both failed miserably...in fact some of the cup results we had under these 2 were nothing short of a rid neck. We also have to take into account his mental health issues and how these will effect him next season when we're being cheated, in one way or another, left, right and center...does he have the savvy to keep his trap shut when being interviewed about decisions that have gone blatantly against us?...I think not, so he'll probably be spending chunks of the season sitting in the stand rather than the dug-out. This has been a very, very poor appointment by the board when we stand so close to 10.

Now i feel like i have 2 options. 1] Abandon the team i love or 2] Get behind Lennon and give him my full support....and 1] is not an option...ever!’

Whoflungdung and bhoy81 like this.
  11. joemc

good now 1 * up or 2 * off .

12. Eastend boy

I voted no,Neil Lennon is not the manager i wanted for our club,now he’s here he gets my backing 100%.
    The board are not going to splash any sort of cash to rebuild the team,there is already talk of a couple of tweaks needed,the keeper doesn’t need to be that involved in the game,being more direct in games,it doesn’t fill me with any sort of confidence that our strategy has changed regardless of what Rodgers done to try and advance us as a club,or our footballing philosophy,it looks like a step back.
    Personally it’s not so much as the manergerial appointment that’s holding us back but the lack of ambition that our ceo and DD show ,in the lack of funds available to progress the football team,which at the end of the day is the bottom line,as we are a football club,without investment in the squad,which is looking jaded we are just standing still while there are millions of pounds lying in the bank ,but thats alright because that’s all they care about,millions of pounds,they’ve got millions of pounds and want more millions of pounds to look good in their bank balance,whereas we want millions of pounds invested in the team,it’s never going to happen with this board running our club,the biscuit tin mentality is what they think we are worth and that is what they will give us.
    I’m now drunk,rant over.

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I voted yes as I think next season league wise is such a big season for us and the squad needs a pretty solid overhaul mostly with players leaving but also some significant money being needed to be spent as well to bring in some quality in a few areas and I feel like Lennon knows what is needed right now rather then someone coming in from outside. But reality is this is a situation where there is no right or wrong answer at least not right now. We will only know in 12 months time.

14. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    I've been seeing this notion several times on this forum and on twitter that "9 is the big title. If we get that one, 10 will take care of itself." Where in the world does this deluded, irrational thinking come from? How is this even a supportable position? 10th has obviously been the one that both Celtic and Rangers have stumbled on in their history, which is why it's such an elusive achievement. I think that line of thinking is genuinely absurd. 10 is the big one..

15. Thebs

Think we all love him as a person but feels like the cheap option. He answered our call and deserves respect but the football has been terrible.

For me now its comes down to the board. If Lenny is not backed financially with the required rebuild then this could be a disaster in the making. I hope the reason he hasn't accepted yet is because he also wants assurances from the board.

Personally I feel we wont spend much and with cheap option manager 10 in a row is at risk. Fingers crossed we get lucky with some good loan signings next season.

16. Richmal

Or 3.....say what a cowardly little fud you are?......little *

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Abandon the team you love? Which one?

Zenit? Hibs? Motherwell?

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That post is a * disgrace by the way.

Provocative, passive aggressive bullshit.

Gyp Rosetti and Liam Scales like this.
  19. Richmal

Like india as well,

20. Richmal

Read the post properly ya numpty, it ain't my words....idiot ....ps will watch anyone * the huns!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.