1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

Eddy on the left and Moussa playing through the middle would have been unreal.

Still gutted that we never got to see them play for a full season together, they would have destroyed the league

Lilac Wine likes this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Actually think we were being pro-active and signing somebody so we wouldn’t be left short in the likely event Mouss was sold. And we also knew, if we managed to hold onto him, then they would compliment each other very well.

The club had been saying from the day Moussa signed he pretty much had a two year shelf life for us.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  3. murphy88

Lustig has been poor for ages, anyone can see that. That's why Lennon played everything down his side when he wasn't Hibs manager, he spotted that he was our weak link. He has been a great servent and overall a fantastic signing but his time is up.

So so you think McGregor has been as good under Lennon in the past few months a season he was under Rodgers?

Weeding out pretenders?

Alternatives. Benitez, Martinez, Marco Rose who was the one I wanted to name a few. Did we speak to them, would they have come, nobody knows. I would rather have Lennon than Steve Clarke or Moyes.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Roberto Martinez is a pure jobby

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    IMO it was a great start to the window, then it went to * * after the right back going to Valencia and then Lawwell penny pinching with McGinn.

Thing is for me regarding being pro active the club should have signed another forward then because it left us with only two if they had any incline that he would be going after two years. That in turn cost us points and lead to the shambles at Ibrox.

Liam Scales likes this.
  6. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    It wasn't. No sure anybody else would have had a better record taking the team over though.

P 14. W 10 D 3 L 1. ( 2 trophies)

7. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I really rate Lustig, is it not true the only game we conceded since Lenny's been here was against the huns when the league was already wrapped up? I just see Lustig creating much more for us than him being detrimental. I love the guy but wouldn't hesitate to drop him if he was a liability, Toljan and Ralston are nowhere near as good as him. Already been said a million times, Lustig was the prime mover in our League title game and our Cup Final game, he found a way when we were looking a bit lost.

Now if anyone wants to criticise Lenny for that fair play, it's possible he's been tactically naive but I still think he's done well taking over from Rodgers. If we play * next season after Lenny has recruited then I'm not going to defend him, just like every other fan I love the guy but there are no Green tinted glasses worn when it comes to us winning games.

So you chose the alternative comedy option? Even Clarke didn't make it, you do have some sense of perspective :50: :56:

There is absolutely no way were were ever getting Rafa or Rose. Martinez is hardly going to get anyone up before the alarm in the morning. Had some success but Ranieri showed the world how easy that can be in England. It's much tougher up here than people think. The game is much faster and more intense and the fans are far more passionate.

8. murphy88

Our good defensive record is down to Bain, Simunovic and Ajer who have been superb since Lennon took over, I would say that.

Rodgers was as big a name as Martinez, Rose and Benitez so it's hardly ridiculous to think we could have got one of them.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  9. Beldub

Celtic favourites but the main section in spl betting won’t be who will come 2nd
    Hope im wrong but at same time we have regressed - this season hasn’t been great- * in Europe bar one half decent match - we had no credible challenge in league (I’ll get pelters for that but its true) and have been miserable to watch
    NL said Lawwell broke up his team , BR conflict with Lawwell is known
    The MON thing is relevant to me because living in Dublin his contract was extended by someone like Lawwell , John Delaney at an opportune time for himself rather than good of the team
    These people who think they have jobs in perpetuity who oversee the appointment of managers
    Not that it’s relevant but ive been following Celtic for 40+ years , spend 1000s so I won’t * off and support the huns even if you tell me to :)

Hail Hail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. eddiemcd1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larson
    Rangers TV celebrating the appointment of N.L

11. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    That's nice.

bagforlife and Gabriel like this.
  12. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    No really sure why you brought"odds" into this. What is your point ? What do you think the odds on Celtic winning the league next season are ?

13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Jim Kerr :fear:

Jobberto Fartinez has applied to be Lenny's number 2 :93:

blackfish likes this.
  14. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Nice...we will remind them after we win the treble again next season :101:

15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Which will make it all the embarrassing and humiliating for them when Lenny leads us to 10 in a row.

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Good have they not learned

Be careful what you wish for.....

ChrisMoh likes this.
  17. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    [​IMG]

This is the same win rate as Rodgers. Neil Lennon has just secured the treble, people need to stop crying because we didnt appoint Mr Fancy Pants from the English Premier League and live in the real word. The cold hard facts are that NL is a highly successful WINNING manager, we are in very good hands. You want 10 in a row? Lennon is yer man.

joemc and Jeannie960 like this.
  18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I just hope he gets backed this summer, properly.

That way there’s no excuses, this next league Title is the huge one. 10 will take care of itself but if we win 9, against a backdrop of Sevco spending fortunes they don’t have, their Manager will be out on his * and the Club will probably (hopefully) die.

Lilac Wine, Damnati and neilly1987 like this.
  19. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I'm backing Lenny. The guys a winner and I have faith that he will prove all the doubters wrong.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member