1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Am perplexed by this one. So even if Lennon improves on our prior acheivements and general play you would still see it as a step backwards? What if we landed benitez and he lost the league, would that be a step forwards just because it's benitez. You have basically admitted regardless of what Lennon does he is backwards step, even if he is highly successful!?

joemc, Lilac Wine and Liam Scales like this.
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Seems kind of obvious what he meant.

As it stands Lennon appointment is backwards.

What happens next, is all still to be decided. He could go on to be great or poor. But right now, it's backwards.

Likewise, benitez or Jose would be a forward step, but equally could go either way.

Hindsight will be a wonderful thing.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

ourdaywillcome! likes this.
  3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’ve said this loads of times but I’m choking for us to go backwards, back to a time we weren’t a joke in Europe.

Back to a time we could actually spot a player.

joemc, stubhoy07, Jeannie960 and 3 others like this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Did I read that John Park has taken a role with another club?

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Sunderland.

JC Anton likes this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Rumours that Sunderland wanted him as their DoF but he's not taken any job yet.

JC Anton likes this.
  7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    How would you price up the title for next season then ?

8. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    His first job will probably be to find them a new manager then.

9. murphy88

Forget that mob, I'm concerned though because I'm not sure he is the man to guide us to the league title in the coming season. He was the only option after Rodgers left but I never for a minute thought he would get the job on a permanent basis. The football since he took over has been absolutely stinking. After the first game against Hearts in his interview he said we were moving the ball too slowly which I agreed with and he wanted us to get it forward quicker but I've not seen that. I'm not sure what it gameplan is. McGregor who was arguably our best player under Rodgers hasn't kicked a ball under Lennon. Rogic has been back for a few months now and still looks like he is towing a caravan. Lustig who Lennon targeted when he was Hibs manager as our weak link has played near every game under him and he wants to give him a new contract, likewise Izaguirre who is finished also. Considering the names that were being thrown about with the exception of Moyes who I didn't want, the appointment of Lennon is underwhelming and I feel yet again like the board have sold the fans short. We should have been looking to bring in someone of Rodgers level or a step above him, not taking a backwards step which this defiantly is.

10. celtic warrior

Hopefully as he has already lived with lawell and his ways he's made it clear he's only coming back if he's given the reigns and authority to rebuild this squad.

He's got a massive defensive rebuild on his hands and he needs a lot of money to sort it.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Genuinely, will back Lennon to the hilt once this all settles (if he does accept?), But I reckon park and Lennon at Sunderland would actually be a great match for both.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

12. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Hardly a exciting appointment but expected after winning yesterday.

13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    McGregor set up Lustig for the ground breaking league title goal, was a peach. I'm sure he kicked it again after that? Lustig scored the diving header Callum assisted and assisted the winning goal yesterday.

You're not even trying now come on we're weeding out the pretenders make an effort and give us something we can really feel existentially meaningless about :39:

Why is no one mentioning an alternative manager? I know it's all a bit of a laugh but ffs you can't just say Lenny is * we have no ambition and then walk away, Clarke ruined everything joining Scotland, he was the go to guy, my current favourite is Ireland signing MON is just another example of how pish us signing Lenny is :rofl:

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Hard to disagree with most of that apart from forget that mob when you're no sure Lenny’s the man to win the league next season..

If it isn't us and Lenny, then it'll only be them..

I agree with everything you've said about our player's, style of play and playing player's the likes of John McGinn publicly said they targeted with Lenny as boss..

What I will say is it isn't his side, he's had no transfer window and came in under a really hectic period. I haven't been happy with it and wanted another name myself but that does give him legitimate leeway..

Next season there is no more excuses..

It'll be his side. His player's. His style of play. His training methods etc etc..

It's important he get's his player's in early. Susses out a style of play that suits what we have so that we get off to a good start and everyone is on board..

Good to see you back by the way :50:

neilly1987 likes this.
  15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    He wasn’t signed to replace Moussa though, Eddy was signed to make our forward line better with Moussa in the picture.

We sold Moussa without replacing him and like others have pointed out his replacement was Bayo in January.

It would have been frightening to see both Moussa and Eddy playing up top.

16. murphy88

I meant forget what their fans think mate. Agree regarding it's not his team, it wasn't a bad one he took over though.

Cheers mate.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    So would you say Eddy or Bayo has replaced Moussa in our first 11?

18. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Would've been a formidable attacking force. Just a pity Rodgers tried to screw Moussa over, it was obvious he was going that summer and we tried to force him to stay, embarrassing.

But the thought of them two in full flight is mind blowing. That's the kind of two up front that would make me sit back and light a cigar I would feel complete confidence about our ability to pump any team.

Edit: Bayo was never a replacement for Moussa. Bayo is full of potential, Moussa was already known to be good. Plus this is the first time I've ever heard that mentioned and I was all over that YouTube thread when it was first posted. Bayo looks like he could explode onto the scene, no pressure but what a joy that would be.

19. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    You can try and fit it all you want. Eddy was not signed to replace Moussa. We both know that.

He was signed to make our forward line better, who did we sign when Moussa was sold?

Did the club know Moussa would be sold last day and got Eddy in at the very start?

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Agreed mate. I still think style wise we've been very poor with what we've had..

Most game's I've struggled to actually work out what we're trying to do..

No changing our style (even though he did), mental fatigue over the snake going, training regime etc all staying the same..

There's no excuses next year. It'll be on him 100%..

murphy88 and neilly1987 like this.