1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I think there's bluffing going on somewhere mate. He probably had a good idea he'd get it if we won, if he didn't already know for definite.

He has been looking at player's for next season scouting and had a hand in player's getting offered new deals..

I'm guessing he's had some kinda talks, knows a rough budget with Kennedy who would've been here regardless, the vision etc..

StPauli1916 and Marty McFly like this.
  2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

At least there's continuity now..

Get our transfer business done early now

3. ddub11

Yep,
    Scum * think 55 is on the way and things are falling apart for us(crazy i know).

Regardless of peoples opinions its time for us to put our differences aside and back lenny and hope the board do.

stubhoy07 likes this.
  4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    This 100%, see this scrambling about in the final few days of the window get that tae *. The defence is the major priority imo.

5. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

This is a must. Too often in the past we've taken far too long to do anything. This year its more important than ever due to the number of positions that need strengthening, which itself is a result of neglect in the market in the last year or two.

neilly1987 and JC Anton like this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    That's exactly it..

I've said my piece plenty but it's time to really get behind him now..

As JC says above. There's no uncertainty anymore, there's continuity. Player's will 100% be coming in early in my opinion..

Hopefully special time's..

7. jj81

Was saying that to ma da during the game, high balls he needs to be better , but when he does control them and turns he is lethal, I'd like to see him and griff start

StPauli1916 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  8. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'm not saying aye or no about your post cause I don't know the intracices of Rodgers deployments. I don't understand formations well but Eddy is a different class from Sincy, a player full of confidence who is formidable but he's an out an out winger, Eddy loves to float about the whole three lines of the 18 yard box so he can see all routes to goal and it's so obvious he is full of class, if we handle him right I believe he could be world class, his finishing is too assured to be ignored.

Have to admire that signing because for us £9m is a massive gamble. Mind you how on earth did no one else notice Victor and Virgil even after they heard we were scouting them?

Larsson and Lubo still the best ever that went under the radar who played the Celtic Way. Larsson played in a World Cup before Wim signed him, went on to score two increcible headers in a Eufa Cup Final and create two assists as a 30 minute sub in a CL final Barca were losing :rofl: I'll never get tired of remembering how amazing he is and how even when it sounds a long lost dream we still manage to find attacking players who love football.

9. CFC.1

Now initial disappointment has passed a bit, happy for Neil but still not the right man for me, but got to get behind him. Needs massive backing from the board, and if that’s not happening, this board need chased.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  10. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I just noticed he said McGuire is happy, obviously knows nothing about Celtic :56:

11. StevieBhoooy!

That’s my main worry...

Of course everybody will have to accept Lenny as the manager and get behind him and his squad (whatever that will look like) but success won’t come without the Board doing the necessary.

As pointed out already.... offering him the job in the showers hardly points at an appointment based on careful negotiations about player budget etc.

Can’t remember ever hearing about a managerial job OFFER being announced either - anywhere ! It usually just rumours and radio-silence until an actual appointment is announced. Quite strange.

I hope I’m wrong but wouldn’t be surprised if our biggest piece of business this summer is a player sale and we are still scratching around at the end of the window taking last minute loans. The last 3/4 windows don’t exactly provide optimism.

It’s incredible what we’ve just done and credit to everyone responsible.. but the next 2 seasons are critical... and I think that’s where so many Celtic minds are already. There is no room for second chances or for botched transfer opportunities.

Such mixed emotions this morning!

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Another dafty..

Yous two would get on like a house on fire :crazy3:

13. jordan_

The guy shouldnt have taken the job, bottom line. I cant recall one good performance we have had under him.

The board is a * disgrace, how to ruin a wonderful day. This is a guy who couldn't won a treble with no competition, hes a complete fud as a manager.

14. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You grass :97: I was standing up for you too on his house on fire :36:

15. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Naw. He's no.

16. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Got to love all the different angles folk are flying in at, 'Can't believe Lenny took the job cause he's * and should know the board are worse than him.' :eek1: So many veils dropping!

StPauli1916 likes this.
  17. jordan_

How? i love him to bits a as player but his record is bad. Hibs got shot of him and his time at Bolton was dreadful. We paper crack his record due to one run in Europe and a couple of fluke results. Domestically he struggled and thats a fact

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He's just won us the Treble.

Away lie down in a dark room and calm yourself ya roaster.

19. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Well said , onwards and upwards.

JC Anton likes this.
  20. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop