1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

Supposedly who's getting what????

2. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Only cause he was out of a job

3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

This from someone ITK ? :67:

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Just rumours lads but seen a few saying he's supposedly got it and being announced the same day as the new strips come out..

Sounds plausible doesn't it......

Please naw..

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Exactly. He got the opportunity to win a treble with his boyhood club, with us already 8 points clear in the league. Not as if he rescued us from a dire situation.

Obviously everybody respects him and has gratitude for him wanting to see us over the line, but he gets as much out of it as we do.

6. wulliebad

If i remember ill remind you to remember to not use it again.......but ill need someone to remind me to remember.......anyone....?

The Prof likes this.
  7. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    See if it's Lennon, Moyes, Clarke or Houghton - we'll become the second team in my lifetime to stop 10-in-a-row, after Jansen's side managed it in 98.

Xatraps, An Madadh Rua and Valhalla like this.
  8. StevieBhoooy!

Yesterday’s demeanour didn’t suggest a man with a future at Celtic.

I know there was a manager poll but has there been a straight out yes/no one here on Lenny ?

9. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Am bringing them up to underline the reason we lost to rangers at Ibrox under both Rodgers and Lennon. It's because we haven't replaced our quality players .I wouldn't hold either Rodgers or Lennon completely accountable. *That's why I brought then up* - Where as yourself seems to think it's more acceptable to get ripped into Lennon as if it's his fault - completely overlooking the fact that Rodgers also lost with this team. I'd imagine half the reason Rodgers left is because he wasn't able to replace those players.

As for saying I might aswell bring up Larsson? What relevance does that have with this. Them lot have died, zombified and rebranded since then. There is no time relevance at all.

We are both looking at reasons why Sunday happened. You're happy to blame Lennon it seems. I see it as a direct result of not replacing key players of a team that put a gulf in class between us and them. But still you keep blaming the guy that's been here less than 3 months. Makes loads of sense....

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Hopefully..

Think could be a disaster appointment in all honesty..

Think so aye..

Valhalla and The IRA like this.
  11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’s doing his best and it’s nowhere near good enough.

It’s just laughable the excuses we’re getting now. Every week there’s some other madcap reason for us playing *.

Now it’s because Lennon doesn’t have Dembele Armstrong or Roberts. Some people just aren’t going to ever accept he’s nowhere near the level of manager we need and is bang average.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Zero. Just like the relevance of Dembele, Armstrong and Roberts when talking about yesterday and how we "weren't at full strength". We were Forrest and Tierney away from full strength.

Yes we haven't replaced them, but we still have the best squad in the country. Rodgers wasn't getting the best out of them pre-2019, and Lennon hasn't been getting the best out of them since he joined. Both have been criticised for it.

It's not that I'm happy to blame Lenny. I'm fuming at our performance and Lenny was the man in charge of the team. Therefore he is at fault, as well as the players. He chose to throw in Mikey Johnston - a young left winger - despite barely kicking a ball for the first team since the last game at Ibrox, and play him like a right wing back. He chose to start Burke who has played about 25 minutes since the start of April. He also decided to have him and Johnston switch positions on more than one occasion to apparently confuse the huns defenders. It's also clear as day that the players don't have a * clue what they're supposed to be doing.

Yes our squad is weaker this season than it was last season, but it was still good enough to be 8 points clear. They have picked up more points than us since Lennon came in and the gap is now 6 points. The blame for that can't be directed at the board for not investing.

13. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Am I right in saying that when Deila left, Lennon applied for the job again? Obviously Rodgers got it, but it might indicate that the board have no intention of ever giving him the job on a full-time basis again. I sincerely hope that is the case.

14. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He was interviewed, but tbh we were lucky to get Rodgers and if we didn’t it probably would have been Lennon. So unless we can get a massive name again then it will probably be Lennon.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Didn't we interview a few people when the snake left and he was there ready to take over this time round as well?

16. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Am sorry but I completely disagree. I think not replacing key players will always be relevant when your questioning a change in standards. The standards we set with these key players ensured we played them off the parkhome and away. The key players haven't been replaced. As a result Rodgers struggled away to them, Lennon struggled away to them.

No matter who the next manager is these key areas need stregthened. I don't see any reason why the manager stregthening those areas shouldn't be Neil Lennon. The fact Rodgers lost to them away is hard evidence that we need to strengthen those areas. To ignore it and just put the blame on Lennon is ignorant to the facts of situation as whole

StPauli1916 likes this.
  17. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He's lost one game. Comparing recent performances to the best one's under Rodgers is not right though. He's not doing much differently to what Rodgers had been doing recently.

I don't think he's the best manager we could get but I do trust he'd get us to 9 & 10 if he was given the backing to pick his own players. Imagine bringing in a manager with no experience of Scottish football and he picks players not up to the job. What then? Lennon knows what is needed to win the league here. Not the best manager but might just be the right manager for the job.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  18. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Thanks for making me feel worse mate.

I read somewhere, think it was Strachan, who said that those behind the scenes at Celtic (I'm assuming he meant Desmond and co.) are good are planning ahead and would have "foreseen" Rodgers' departure. In fairness, I don't think it would have taken much foresight to know that this was going to be Rodgers' last season at Celtic, so I would hope that they have indeed been sounding out possible candidates long before his departure in February.

I wonder if there is any truth at all in the Mourinho rumours, about Desmond meeting him twice. Would be unreal if that came to fruition. Even if he knocked us back, I'd still like to know.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Because since he's came in we've regressed to the point where another few weeks and the league would be in doubt? Because his training methods and set up behind the scenes is nowhere near the standards of what the players are now used to? Because since leaving us in 2014 he has done nothing to warrant another crack at the job?

If you seriously, seriously think he's the best man for the job then it's a waste of time even debating this. You must be another person absolutely blinded by the fact it's Neil Lennon, he's a Celtic man and so deserves the job.

The IRA likes this.
  20. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    In fairnness, the loss of the mobility and physicality that Dembele offered has been felt all season. He would have been a handful for their defence. Edouard just doesnt have that in his game.
    Moussa allowed us to look long when we needed to.

Id add that Griffiths has a decent scoring record vs them. Had it been Griffiths on the end of Edouards cut back and not Burke, id be putting my money on that ball going in the net.

StPauli1916 likes this.