1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Joe T, Dec 29, 2011.

Discuss The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Smithy

16% bodyfat for me according to those bodyscan machines in The Gym. On my 3rd week of training on this bodycoach plan, threw in a few weight lifting sessions as HIIT on it's own is boring me and gotta keep current gainz. Think I'll finish this cycle on Friday, have a mad weekend for the football and start cycle 5 next Tuesday. Be interesting to see the results from this current training regime.

Slaw and neilly1987 like this.
  2. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Finally managed to roll out of bed (pretty literally) and done 20seconds on,10 rest of high knees, press ups, mountain climbers and burpees. Done that twice then 30seconds rest then repeat..was * after it. Seriously can't be * going to the gym. Only go for the bike and treadmill to do sprints. Maybe go later or just go out a run.
    Will do weights at some point later, do arms on Monday, farmers walks and curls but never really seem to feel it the next day.

celts67 and Slaw like this.
  3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

How you finding it mate? Get some keto-stix in a pharmacy after a week or so to see if your body is in ketosis. I've tried it twice and bitched out both times at around the 8 day mark. Love my carbs too much and weight loss wasn't my motivation.

If you eat too much protein your body will break it down and convert it to carbs/glucose so watch out for that as well.

4. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I’ll look into them ketostix, didn’t know about them.

It hasn’t been easy. * salivating at times at even the thought of a slice of toast or a bowl of special K, but I’m trying not to let myself stay hungry for too long, which thankfully is quite easy on this diet - main thing which appealed to me about it.

I’m only trying to lose a stone, maybe slightly more and from there I’ll be happy, so I’m doing this for a month. It’s a good way to stop me eating * and takeaways for a month as well, had got into a bad habit of eating 2/3 week there which isn’t good.

I’ll also be looking to cut down and monitor my carbs in general even when I’ve finished this diet as I eat way too much bread, cereal, bars, fruit etc and I’ve definitely noticed I feel less tired on this diet.

I’ve read that about the protein, I’ve been watching that carefully:50:

ChrisMoh and Slaw like this.
  5. Mr. Slippyfist

Same here man done absolutely * all the last fortnight after veing in the gym near every day working away.

Ate some amount of absolute * yesterday, finished off with some rank kebab meat. Woke uo this morning bloated to *, farting like * and feeling like a food peado.

Can hardly move the day, will need to though. Time for a wee kick start the morra morning no even gonnae kid myself on ill be in the gym just gonna batter out some home hody weight excercises (prison workout usually) will go n get a shotload of tinned mackarel the day, just eat that probably with brown rice and water the rest of the week.

Gonna go off the drink for a while anaw.

ChrisMoh and Marty McFly like this.
  6. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Fell asleep earlier with the heating up full blast and was gonna patch exercise, left my iPod and headphones in my mum's car as well so couldn't really be * but forced myself.
    Done 3 sets of 8 heavy bicep curls and 40 secs of farmers walks with same weights, then dropped weights a bit and did 10,9,8 etc all the way down to 1 with curls and burpees in between curls. Something innit.

Smithy likes this.
  7. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Well I've just joined David Lloyd with my Mrs and the two children (soon to be 13 & 15 year old).

If this doesn't motivate me (the price) then nothing will.

Wish me luck :shamrock:

Any other DL members from Edinburgh?

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Been smashing it lately, today was my first day off since 11th March. Been eating fairly well too. Deleted the Just Eat app off my phone to remove some temptation.

Degen likes this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Free gym membership with my new work. Working 4 days, off 4 days.

Just weighed myself yesterday and I'm the heaviest I've ever been. 13 and a half, going ok 14 stone.
    Majority is on my gut, but the puffy fat is naturally everywhere.

Anyway, went to the gym first time in years now, got to eat better and get more exercise.

Any suggestions for a unfit lad just starting out at the gym?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Degen likes this.
  10. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Struggling to get a decent run at the gym lately. That cold for 2 weeks, then kept missing days after that and now tonsilitis which will probably mean another 2 weeks of not going. Don't know why I'm so run down lately.

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I always joke with myself that I only ever get the cold/cough/no well at the start and end of winter. Twice a year I'll feel some sort of effect (even if it is just a tickly cough for a day or two) which signals the change in season.

For you, I'm gonna say it's a good sign the winter is over! Though the tonsillitis may be something else...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

12. TimFloyd Gold Member

Look into 5x5 stronglifts program its a nice easily structured program focusing on main compound lifts.

Look at the exercises in it and research each one with YouTube etc don't start the program right away just practice with lightweights to ensure you have proper form going into it.

Also you can always ask a trainer at the gym just to double check your form and give any pointers.

neilly1987 and Peej like this.
  13. Smithy

You could start off with compound lifts (bench press, squats, deadlifts etc) to build some muscle mass and throw in some HIIT training at the end of your sessions. Once you've done that for a few weeks you could move away from compound lifts and do isolation weight lifts like 1 day chest, 1 day arms, 1 day legs, 1 day shoulders etc whilst maintaining the HIIT to finish up at the end of your session.

neilly1987 and Peej like this.
  14. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You shouldn't move away from compound exercises imo they should be the core of your workout. Should just add in isolation and accessory exercises after about a month.

15. Smithy

[​IMG]

Finished cycle 4 of the bodycoach plan. Quite happy with my results. 2 more cycles to go now!

Raoul Duke and Callum McGregor like this.
  16. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Ryt to gain muscle for me i need to eat just over 170g rough guess, protein.Its quite a lot.So the body only absorbs 30g every 3 hours.The now im eating 5 meals but im strugglin with it as i like an early kip,the olw just finishd my 4th so i need to stay up just to eat half a tub a yogurrt,zzzzzzz.Can i stil put on muscle on doing 4 meals of 45g or do i still need to do 6x30g to cover the 170g.

17. TimFloyd Gold Member

Tbh I think you're way over complicating it.

Just make sure you hit your daily calorie/macro targets.

Eat a calorie surplus and lift like your life depends on it.

jj81 and ChrisMoh like this.
  18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Hammering my glutes lately, as they're quite weak. Apart from squats I find a lot of the exercises that work them, boring. Need to keep at it though.

19. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Managed an hour at the gym. Still got 2 days of antibiotics so didn't want to push it too hard. Good to get back to it.

20. jj81

Doesn't matter if you take 30g or 50g in one sitting mate, I do 4x50g then snacks etc takes me to 220/240 ish

ChrisMoh likes this.