1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How many in a row?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Apr 3, 2019.

Discuss How many in a row? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

This.
    I will enjoy 8 then 9 (if it comes) and so on, thinking/expecting 14/15 etc is mental and only ramps the pressure up on ourselves.

Random Review likes this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Didn't vote as there's no option for Terry Munro.

Callum McGregor and JML67 like this.
  3. DamienCorkBhoy

I'm always thinking this, where will it end?
    I can't see any year ahead that someone might stop it.
    If we are run correctly it could hit 16+.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Impossible question to answer, far too many variables. Hopefully one of them being we won’t be in the League to win it.

Operation stop Celtic is in full force from next season though, make no mistake about it.

Random Review and Mince.Charming like this.
  5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Minty, I mean no disrespect, but this is a crazy, mate.

9iar is not a given, let alone 10. Let's enjoy 8 properly (that in itself is an amazing achievement) and then focus on 9. Yes, of course the tantalising possibility of 10 will be in the back of all our minds (mine too) and that is unavoidable; but to go beyond that to start wondering about 11, 12, etc is quite mental. It's literally counting your chickens before they hatch.

The 10 is ours to lose, of course it is... but we can lose it. The margins are smaller now. I personally am not laughing at Gerrard: he has definitely made them better. Before this season we were absolutely miles ahead of them; then last summer they get in a few decent players and a manager who isn't tactically clueless while we have a mare for the third window in a row, because Rodgers didn't give a * anymore and Congerton is a useless *. Now as a result the only difference between us is that little bit of extra quality of Edouard (and Rogic if he ever plays) and the experience of Broony.

This summer is massive. Yes, I know we say that every summer; but if we're not careful, we could literally lose the 10 this summer. They have closed the gap and they will spend this summer. Meanwhile we are in transition: Lustig is probably finished and no one knows how long Broony will be able to keep it up. They are literally our two biggest characters and their experience is invaluable. KT is worrying, I will never forgive Rodgers if KT has long-term issues because that self-centred bullshitter ran him into the ground. Boyata and Benkovic are away for sure. You wouldn't put it past our board to sell Edouard. We could be looking at a very tight title race next year.

Remember that in Scotland you can win the league without being a great team, simply by being better at grinding out results against weak teams. Walter Smith knew that very well.

Of course what I hope will happen is that we will strengthen and come back even stronger. There's absolutely no reason we can't do that. I'm not scared of Rangers if we do our job properly. It's just that I've been a Celtic fan long enough not to take us doing our job properly for granted (see last summer for a good example).

I think we will do it. I think we'll get over the line for 10; but I'm not taking that for granted. Let's talk about how many after we get the 10.

Lancashire Nick and scootz like this.
  6. vortex666

Get 10 then hopefully get some sort of league sorted out with other euro sides and gtfo Scottish football

Drakhan likes this.
  7. scootz

10 will do for now - and I'm not taking that for granted either.

Let's not start becoming arrogant *!

Random Review likes this.
  8. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    No idea, i'll focus on 8, then the summer transfer window before I worry about how we get to 9

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Speak for yourself scootz. I never stopped being one :84:

scootz and Gully Sands like this.
  10. Paul McAuley

It's really just the defence we need sorting. Shved Eddy and Jim will be pure class up front Midfield should be sound and Big Ajer has came on so much this year.

Dembele likes this.
  11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    What’s crazy about fans having a light hearted discussion about how many we think we might win? I said that I’m sure the club will take it game by game as always, but why should that stop discussion about it.

It’s not much different to discussing how far we think we can get in Europe in the future.

Gully Sands likes this.
  12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Far in Europe? Get tae *. Were gonna win it aw!!!! :fear:

Callum McGregor likes this.
  13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I doubt the players or manager will feel any pressure from a simple fan discussion online.

Gully Sands likes this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    This summer will tell us a lot..

15. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

One title at a time, 8 is in the bag but want it mathematically done as quick as possible

Then concentrate on 9

16. Pacific Ocean Blue

I think the Summer is crucial for us with regards to who comes in as manager and who we sign - we need a few fresh faces in. Ask me again in September

Whoflungdung likes this.
  17. Devlin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Canny see Rangers coming back anytime soon, voted 16+ but i genuinely think they will go out the box again. Hope not to soon cause we are closing in on smashing all the records they have left once we've done that if they die good night and * bless.

The continual heartache and suffering has been sheer bliss the last few years, they are hurting bad and i * love it!!

18. Cmcgregor90

Next year is going to be our biggest test yet with players out of contract and unsure future of who the manager is

19. Cmcgregor90

10 is priority but i have said this the last few months 9 is key as the 10 first team to do it twice and will never be done again

20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I don't know how to explain it, mate. This is within touching distance now and it's massive. It just feels crazy to be speculating about after the 10 before we get there. It feels like we should all as a club- players, management, board and fans- be fully focussed on 10 now and for the next two years.