1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikael Lustig

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Mar 3, 2012.

Discuss Mikael Lustig in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    I gave up on him when he went diving in like a schoolboy at ipox letting the hun completely skin him and cross it for our first sevco defeat.

His time is done here, he may be decent backup for games against the likes of dundee, hamilton, st mirren but i would never trust him in an important game again after what happened at ipox, he cost us the game.

Crilly and The IRA like this.
  2. tomlamb

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Funnily enough I caught a bit of that game and thought the same thing! You watch any game involving the so called big teams and none of them are afraid to smash it out of play, or up the pitch, you have to be safe sometimes.

Totally agree about Gordon and boyata. You could put jozo in there as well. Some players just aren’t capable of playing that way 100% of the time, those players need to be allowed to mix it up without fear of getting roasted by the manager for it. I actually thought Rodgers had figured it out with lustig not long ago. He had a few games where he was playing it down the line and up top a lot more. Looked like a different player. Then he was binned for toljan...

Lilac Wine likes this.
  3. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :56: Arguing like a married couple wi' names like that

4. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye, as much as I love Ronny I couldn't believe it when he said he was going to train the senior defensive players and keepers how to pass a ball in the space of one year. Sutton was right to query him about that saying "So these guys have been playing football for probably 18/24 years and they aren't confident passing the ball in such critical part of the field but you're going to teach them in one year?" "Yes." :help:

It's so annoying, like Einstein said repeating the same thing expecting a different outcome is insanity.

I understand adults can learn new things for sure but not high intensity things like that.

A good punt up the pitch doesn't prevent us strivin to play attractive football, just stops this side to side nonsense and if you take the fear factor away from the keeper and defenders they'll play better too I'm sure.

tomlamb likes this.
  5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I wouldn’t have 2 minutes for the *.

6. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Still good to have as back up I think. Definitely need a new rb for summer, I haven't been particularly impressed by toljan yet.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  8. freitassen

most of the reports say he would eventually leave to a team in the swedish league. Namely Aik who needed extra time to beat Shamrock Rovers. If he is willing to go there it is certain that he would take a massive pay cut.

I dont see why he wouldnt want to stay at Celtic next season as the second choice RB with a lower salary. Only downside on this is potentially hampering Ralstons development, and I think he can become quite good.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :56: What a poser! Love the big man and would love it if he was as fit as he looks there, like he's 25 and ready to rabona the * out of everyone.

bagforlife and charlietully like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Just look at those lips and that mouth. You just know he'd give amazing....er, kisses. :52:

bagforlife likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Starting for Sweden against Romania.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

And he’s gone off injured.

14. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    I love a simple tale

Twisty likes this.
  15. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    This is a blow if serious, not our best right back at the club, but would be my preferred choice against the monkey's

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

He's shat it from big Ajer!

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Mikael Lustig says he’ll be told this week if he has a future at Celtic.

The Swedish international is awaiting news on whether the champions will trigger a 12-month extension on his current contract and believes he’ll be informed in the coming days.

Lustig is keen to stay and returning manager Neil Lennon, who signed him from Rosenborg seven years, has stated the full-back still has a lot to offer despite being in the twilight of his career.

The 32-year-old has attracted interest from AIK Stockholm in his homeland and will be wanted if he is released on a free transfer in the summer.

Lustig has confirmed the position could soon be made clear and said: “I will get a decision regarding the future next week.

“It has been hard for some time now when I do not know about the future. I have been here [Celtic] for seven years and me and my family enjoy it.

Lustig has admitted that AIK are monitoring his position and added: “Absolutely. They know well about my situation.”

However, there have been no contract offers from the Swedes at this stage as he continued: “No. But then I don’t really know how the rules are. But we have not spoken about any contract.

“I mean, I have been quite open that I might want to finish my career in Sweden. Clearly I think about it, but I have a lot to do.”

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Wants to go home. Done here..

Think we know how this goes..

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    As we said McGuire for a freebie has to be up there with the very best we signed. Took club to his heart and gave his all!

Welcome back any time!