1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikael Lustig

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Mar 3, 2012.

Discuss Mikael Lustig in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    As a Lustig fan, I want him to go home with his head held high before his legs completely go. As a Celtic fan, I want him to stay as good back up.

StPauli1916 and Lilac Wine like this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Third choice when Ralston is back..

Going by Lenny's handling of Toljan at Tynecastle. Wouldn't surprise me if Ralston starts when fully fit..

He isn't better by the way, just that Toljan hasn't played much and has been caught out by some of our away game's in my opinion..

Lilac Wine likes this.
  3. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Ok *, I'll make it simpler for you- he's an old pensioner who can hardly run getting paid one of the top wages at the club because he 'gets us'. How many times does he really give us an option going forward? almost 0, and his defending isn't getting any better. When Dembele was here he would play some good balls to him but he's not here anymore, so really offers very little value.
    (Also I hate him the faking injuries anytime he causes a goal in Europe but we don't like to talk about on this forum)

If he loves the club that much I'm sure he would have no problem in getting himself a coaching role somewhere at the club, otherwise he can have a happy retirement in Sweden- he has already stated he wants to finish his career in Sweden.

4. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Right * nose you are a half wit and must spew out the first thing comes into your mind. You are happy to come on and rubbish a player with a high standing amongst the support and fellow players just to suit your throw away comments. Pension age in the UK is 65 and is a fair bit off for Lustig. Still regarded as a first pick for Sweden which makes me believe that Rodgers, Janne Anderson and now Neil Lennon would have more knowledge and insight into players than Celticfan01. Just a hunch. Now a bit of hypocrisy also on your side in the stupid remarks that Lustig and Izzy need to go, not good enough for cover. But you are of the opinion Ledley could come in and do a job. It’s stuff like this that you are a laughing stock for a lot of people. You have history of talking bollix.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  5. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

Well said Packy :36:

packybhoy likes this.
  6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Thank you BFL.:50:

bagforlife likes this.
  7. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Oooft bit harsh, I wasn't saying I don't care about their domestic situation. Just saying what homesickness is naturally like. He could have left last year if they're that desperate to get home and I would wish them all the best, home is where the heart is etc. Although I'm pretty sure Lustig's heart is still here, that's why I said it, it was not meant to be disrespectful to his mrs or family.

I think you said we should either give him the fully paid extension or let him go, that does sound like an equitable thing to do, shows him respect by giving him the decision.

Why would he be 3rd choice? Toljan leaves in June? Just leaves Ralston and as much as I respect your knowledge JC, no way is this kid Perez going to be a safer option than Lustig, that is just outwith the realms of reality. Ralston 1st maybe but Perez 2nd no chance.

What's the story with the other American guy we sent on loan? I guess he must be the better of the two if we thought him decent enough to go and up his game somewhere else but didn't work out for some reason.

Just want to add, Lustig might not be getting forward as much as normal but he still does now and again and what's great about him is he has a good range of abilities to get the ball into an attacking threat, his passing on the surface is very good when countering and he can put in some crosses from just about the half way line so lets not forget that.

JC Anton likes this.
  8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Well said apart from you spelled bollox wrong (although I'm giving you autocorrect on a phone for that :) ).

Lustig done well not getting over the halfway line a few weeks ago setting up 2 goals in one game BTW.

I'll have no qualms if Lustig is a backup but as our current squad sits he's our best RB for me. Izzy is also very good backup for KT.

bagforlife and Lilac Wine like this.
  9. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No wanting to jump all over you celticfan01 which does sound like an away win but let's not start waterboarding, one thing that bugs me not just with you is the two different sets of logic for the same situation. How can you say he put in decent balls for Dembele but now he's left that means Lustig is useless now cause that was the only player in the world he could judge the position of :43: :drag:

When is the passmeister Callum coming back? If we can win while he's out injured that's an excellent indication of our League potential.

@dbhoy72 Agree with your comments regarding back up, I'm not sure folk realise just how much cash we'd have to spend to get better back up players who'll not mind sitting on the bench 30% of the time. I'm sure that's a problem for most clubs but especially with our budget constraints. If we manage KT right and keep him for important games I think Izzy could cope well domestically.

10. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    No sorry can’t allow you that one. In Durty Dublin they may say and spell bollox. Here in sunny Belfast we say Bollix. Even further into Belfast slang and among skip rats they would say “I’ll kick your BALLICKS in.” Thanks for the thought though.:50:

dbhoy72 likes this.
  11. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It's bollocks! Jeezus I know there's room for accents but my mate is from Belfast and he's never said ballicks, you really don't want the word licks in amongst it lol so it's bollocks.

Haha do folk in the north call yer capital city dirty Dublin? I thought it was close to Moscow as one of the most affluent and expensive places in the world to live. Limerick I've heard called stab city which is wild, I mean why just the one city. I didn't even think they had cities in the Republic apart from Dublin. All mostly towns in Ireland isn't it.

Wonder which City would be the capital if there was a vote to unite for Europe.

12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Personally for me as much as I love Izzy I would rather Hayes as back up to Tierney at left back.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  13. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I can firmly assure you that as I sit here now in Belfast and pronounce it out loud it is Bollix. And maybe your friend don’t speak Skip Rattish but they do say Ballicks (BA-LLicks). Check it out with said friend. As for Dublin the Durty term is nothing to do with cleanliness or sanitation but more to do with their GAA Football side being a bunch of dirty * as far back as the 60/70s.:50:

Lilac Wine likes this.
  14. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Like yourself I'm sure I love Izzy and his time here but I have to agree Hayes, the little we've seen of him, seems to have a good footballing brain. I know folk will point to Izzy's speed and attacking potential but I think given time Hayes will be the more sophisticated player.

eire4 likes this.
  15. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Also Dublin would be capital as it is where we would be ruled from.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  16. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :56: Ooooft GAA is not a sport I'd want to receive a bad tackle in, * * it's played at some pace and there's a lot of jumping high and as Haring showed on Bain, running into a player in the air is dangerous as *.

Come to think of it I think you're right, it's more bollix he says. Just when it was spelt balllicks it looked and sounded wrong.

* is Skip Rattish? He'll think I've been over by for a holiday/secret hard border meeting next time I see him with all these new colloquialisms.

17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Skip Rattish is the language commonly used by Skip Rats. For example. “Some Skip Rats done Brendan Rodgers flat over and trashed the place.” They actually have a uniform and tend to own pretty expensive bicycles.:50:

Lilac Wine likes this.
  18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We will sign a permanent RB 100%.. I actually like Ralston and would have as cover, if we keep Lustig loan Perez to another Scottish side to get a flavour for our game.

I'd rather give youth a chance along with a new RB, but if Lenny stays and he wants Lustig for another then I'm OK with that too. He's looked better after the break

bagforlife and packybhoy like this.
  19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    All this talk of ball licks has made me quite giddy. I'm going for a lie down.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  20. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Wow really? That's wild, Peaky Blinders Clockwork Orange kinda scene. My mate'll be impressed when I mention that to him, I'll have to say I stole a bike off one of them to make it a decent story to which he'll probably reply "bollix!" :RedFinger

Totally agree with you apart from one small part. I have high hopes for Ralston, he reminds me of KT in a few ways, his body language and the ability to get up and attack. You could be right that fully fit he'll at least start to replace Lustig if not straight away.

Perez I've never seen as you know so aye a loan will be essential for him.

Oh wait sorry I don't disagree, I thought you said we'll buy a 1st choice RB 100% and that would worry me because he would have to be proven. I would love to sign Toljan but he'll probably be too expensive and maybe Dortmund will want him back after the Spurs disaster.

You reckon we'll shop for 1st team full backs or back ups or just a RB and keep Izzy? I like Izzy but I've got a feeliing his time is up, he freaks me out when teams counter us.

Mainly, like everyone, I hope Lenny gets Park and his scouting team back and they find their mojo again. Even just one Virgil would sort us out haha * the wings, him and Ajer just steam straight through the middle.

Benkovic is our biggest hope. I have no idea what kind of defenders Leicester have but hopefully good enough to leave Ben here to learn for another season. Boyata can * off and we better stop letting players run down contracts, it's so frustrating.

I read an interesting article about Holland and how they coach kids, must try and find it and post it. Not that it'll have any effect on us but long term food for thought. Although I've noticed a lot of our Academy guys, no matter how good they are, they all seem to have been taught very well how to control a ball, been impressed with the footwork. Henderson's big brother's assist to Guidetti and the wee man's assist to Sincy. Mikey as well, Nesbitt too. Callum and KT can fair do a Cruuyf turn when he's in the mood and the odd 40 yarder.

Wonder if we'll ever see the young prodigy Karamoko in the Hoops.