1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Keano88

Aye.

Good shout that actually.

Leone Naka Fan and Paul McAuley like this.
  2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    LENNON! NaNanaNaNanaNaaaaa

LENNON! NaNaNanaNanaNaaaaa

LENNON! NaNaNanaNanaNaaaaa

scootz likes this.
  3. scootz

Genius!

It's a * shoo-in!

Make it so Operations Director!

4. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    The fact that the board offered him till the summer even though he has proven his worth in the past, shows that lenny loves the club and the fans, he has took it regardless think we better change the words to that song it has been neil lennon who has heard us calling in the night, it is neil lennon who has come back to lead the green and white.

Gyp Rosetti and Keano88 like this.
  5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Fixed that for you, mate.

Slaw likes this.
  6. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Big man'll do till the end of the season. Not much else we can do.

7. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Lennon, doo doodoo doo doo.
    Oh, Lenny Lenny. Doo doodoo doo doo.
    He's here to bring home the 10,
    and he'll kill the huns again.

Cause he's Neil Lennon, do doodoo doo doo...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    _DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  8. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Love Lennon but I'm not excited about this, and let's be honest he's going to be the permanent manager. Oh let's go lenny

Clint Eastwood likes this.
  9. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
  10. Hadouken

Time to get fully behind Lenny and the lads!!

Murph-E likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC Football Club announced today that Neil Lennon has been named Celtic manager until the end of the season. Neil has already enjoyed a hugely successful spell as manager of Celtic and, of course, served the Club with distinction as player and captain over so many years.

Neil will be joined by John Kennedy as assistant manager and Damien Duff as first team coach. Neil will take up his role immediately and will be in charge of the team for the trip to Tynecastle tomorrow (Wednesday) against Heart of Midlothian.

Neil Lennon joined Celtic in December 2000 when Martin O’Neill brought him to Paradise from Leicester City, and he made his debut for the Hoops at Dens Park on December 10, helping his new team to a 2-1 win over Dundee.

Over the next seven years, he would go on to make a total of 304 appearances for the club, scoring three goals and establishing himself as a Celtic legend.

In that time, he won five league titles, four Scottish Cups and two League Cups, and was part of the treble-winning side of 2000/01. He was an integral part of the squad that reached the UEFA Cup final in 2003, and he took over the captain’s armband in 2005.

After finishing his playing career following spells with Nottingham Forest and Wycombe Wanderers, Neil returned to Celtic, initially as part of the first-team coaching staff and then taking charge of the reserves.

Following Tony Mowbray’s departure as manager in March 2010, Neil stepped in as caretaker manager before he was confirmed in the role at the end of that season. Over the next four years he won three league titles – the first three in the current seven-in-a-row run – as well as two Scottish Cups.

In Europe, he guided the club to the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League in the 2012/13 season, recording a famous 2-1 victory over Barcelona at Paradise along the way, the night after the club celebrated its 125th anniversary.

Most recently, he enjoyed a spell as manager of Hibernian, securing promotion back to the Premiership and guiding them to fourth in the league last season.

Neil Lennon said: "I am absolutely delighted to be named manager of Celtic again. This is a Club which has been such a huge part of my life already and it is an honour to be asked to return.

“I have given everything to Celtic as a player and manager already in my career and I am ready to do the same again. I will be doing all I can to continue the great work that has gone on in recent years.

"I am delighted that John Kennedy and Damien Duff have agreed to be part of my team. John will allow us to have important continuity and Damien will bring real knowledge and experience to the first team squad.

“I am returning to one of the biggest and best clubs in world football and I can’t wait to get started.”

Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell said: “We are pleased to be able to announce Neil’s return to Celtic. In bringing Neil back to the Club until the end of the season, we have appointed a man who knows what it means to be Celtic manager and someone who knows how to win.

“We know he has the commitment and desire needed to face the challenges ahead. We are delighted to also promote John Kennedy to assistant manager and bring Damien Duff into our first-team management group. This will bring vital continuity and allow us to build on Brendan’s legacy.

“The Club is in a great position on and off the field, and with Neil, John and Damien leading the first team, I am sure we can continue our success.”

Celtic Chairman Ian Bankier added: “We are delighted to welcome Neil back to the Club and we are sure he, John Kennedy and Damien Duff will form an excellent team to drive us on across the rest of this season.

“Neil knows all there is to know about Celtic, he is a top-class coach and we are sure his knowledge, experience, drive and determination will be very important qualities to us going forward.”

seamus1967 likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  15. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member

i've been through every emotion today :giggle1:

welcome back neil :ireland:

THUNDER......

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Needs everyone behind him..

Welcome back Lenny :50:

Valhalla and StPauli1916 like this.
  17. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Nice to see him back.

He is the bringer of thunder.

I'm looking forward to Europe again.

18. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  19. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Welcome home Lenny :ynwacelti

Gabriel and StPauli1916 like this.
  20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’m afraid I don’t really buy into the “Celtic man” hype when we are searching for a new manager. It’s not the be all and end all.

You need a balance, Rodgers was that. He was a much better manager than Lennon and understood the club. However he’s shown his priority isn’t the club.

Lennon’s passion for us doesn’t hide the fact he’s just not that great a manager. He also walked away. He had his time, he brought some success. He’s in the history books and he will forever be remembered for that. But we need to move on, we set a standard with Rodgers and that needs to be continued.

We can do better than Lennon, Moyes and Clarke.

It’s fine to see out the season. He’s in a position where he should see out the treble.