1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Youssouf Mulumbu

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2018.

Discuss Youssouf Mulumbu in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
  2. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Seemed like a genuine guy when he first joined, with a bit of fire in his belly. Seemed to look like what we needed in away european games. That presser where he said “when we beat Hearts and Hibs we’ll be back at the top” was what we needed to hear at the time as well.

It’s a shame but sounds like he wasn’t committed enough and fell away as soon as he came on against Liepzig.

nudge1086 likes this.
  3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’d love to see some genuine evidence against this guy because folk have ran with this mole story on him with nothing but the fact he’s rarely played as a reason for it :56:

HTG, Rydo1888*, Xatraps and 7 others like this.
  4. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yeah i dont understand our fans giving him stick for that either, as i pointed out earlier we * hibs and hearts, sometimes its good to hear a player lay it out arrogantly like that, kind of shows he and the rest of the players are on it

5. Maestro 08

I think those comments right there from Clarke point to why he hasn't featured for us as opposed to the other theories doin the rounds. That attitude will not go down well with Rodgers who expects the players to train as they play. It's no surprise he's been bombed out. Tbh I'm surprised Clarke is so blase about that attitude but then again he's prob just happy to have him.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If true I doubt it will come out in the near future. We'd be mad to shout it from rooftops and put off other teams from taking him off our hands.

What we do know is that he's played 84 mins in total since the rumour, during a period where Brown, Ntcham and Christie were all injured at various points.

He was also banished to the youth team which is a clear indication something was gone wrong. If and when we cut ties he'll likely be tied to a Non Disclosure Agreement, so we might be waiting for a while until we know what's went on.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Still no evidence. You’re literally joining dots.

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, I agree. There's no definitive way to say the rumour is true but something big has definitely happened. You don't get banished to train and play with the youths for nothing.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Showed tonight why we signed him imo.

But if he isn’t a great trainer and has issues with self discipline then he ain’t playing under Brendan again that’s for sure!

11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Never saw the game but fair play if he won motm, think he's a good player.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  12. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Nearly cost them the game when Defoe should have scored

13. Keano88

Played well considering it was his first game in a long time.

A few daft moments trying too much but overall he was good.

14. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Lots of effort but I wasn’t overly impressed in the 30 mins I saw

15. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

hes the type of player every fan wants in their team hes busy as * always keen to get involved doesnt shy away, is aggressive but not overly so, shame it never worked out but understandable if hes not a good trainer, cant see someone as professional as brendan accepting that

it was a knee * signing though

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

YOUSSOUF Mulumbu has insisted he still has a future at Celtic despite being loaned out to Kilmarnock for the remainder of the season.

Mulumbu joined the Scottish champions on a free transfer in the summer, but the Congolese midfielder has found first team opportunities hard to come by at Parkhead.

The 32-year-old only made two starts and three appearances for Brendan Rodgers’ side and agreed to return to Rugby Park for the rest of the 2018/19 campaign last month after a chat with his manager.

However, the former West Brom and Norwich City player, who helped Steve Clarke’s side draw 0-0 with Rangers in a William Hill Scottish Cup fifth round match in Ayrshire on Saturday, still feels he can come good at Celtic.

Mulumbu is determined to help Kilmarnock, who are currently in fourth place in the Ladbrokes Premiership, finish as high up the table as possible and increase his chances of featuring for Rodgers’s side next term.

“It was hard at Celtic,” he said. “You are going into a team which is winning every game and you see players like Ryan Chistie, who deserved to play, to get his chance.

“I was frustrated, but I was also happy for Ryan. You could say he took my spot, but he really deserved it and I just tried to stay fit.

“I spoke with the manager at Celtic and he said that, if I could get some games by being on loan, he’d let me go. We are on good terms. I came to Kilmarnock with confidence and a little bit of disappointment. I need to show I’m a good player and that’s what I intend to do.

Do I regret the move? No, no, no. It’s a great club and my team mates were amazing with me. When I had the chance to play, I was injured and, like I said, Ryan took the spot and we were in the same situation.

“He got the chance and he took it by playing well and scoring in every game. It happens in football. Sometimes you need the luck to be there at the right time and I know things can change quickly.

“I’m here for six months to help Kilmarnock and if I do every right and if we achieve something very good, I know I’ll be back at Celtic in the summer and everything can change from there.

In my head, it’s not over at Celtic. If you speak with Brendan and the lads, they know I want to go back and do great things for them."

The midfielder even refused to rule out the possibility of Kilmarnock, who take on Celtic at home on Sunday, from finishing ahead of Celtic in the league this season.

Mulumbu added: “You only understand how great the club (Celtic) is when you sign for them, but my focus right now is entirely on Kilmarnock.

“If we finish first or second, it can change for me. I’m not going to hold back. If we come first, it would be great for us and unlucky for Celtic. What can we achieve? Everything.”

Mulumbu was booed by Rangers fans during the cup tie on Saturday and had a ball thrown at him by one of the travelling supporters in the second-half when he went to retrieve it from the crowd.

“It’s normal,” he said. “I’m a Bhoy! They are going to be on my back, but it’s part of the game. They are against me, but I suppose I have the green fans behind so.”

“I can’t play next week, but I’ll come along and support Kilmarnock, obviously.”

seamus1967 likes this.
  17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

‘Mole’ stuff a pile of pish, in other words.

18. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

If he couldn’t get a game with the injuries we had he’s got absolutely no chance of playing. Would still have him as back up if he was on a small wage.

19. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Lennon confirmed he's been released. All of 3 appearances..
    :giggle1:

PorchBhoy67 and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  20. Jeremie Frimpong