1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryan Shved

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 31, 2019.

Discuss Maryan Shved in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC are delighted to have signed Maryan Shved on a four-and-a-half year contract from Karpaty Lviv.

The 21-year-old, who becomes the first Ukrainian to join Celtic, is thrilled to be making the move, but both the winger and the club also believe that it will be beneficial to his long-term career with the Hoops to keep playing with Karpaty Lviv for the rest of their season. To that end, he will return to Ukraine until April before returning to Glasgow.

Speaking exclusively to the official Celtic website, Maryan said: “I’m very proud to be here and even prouder as a Ukrainian to be the first player from my country to sign for Celtic, particularly with what that means for football in Ukraine.

“So I’m going to do my absolute best to be an example for Ukrainian footballers and open up a door for them.

“I love to go one v one and cut inside on my left foot and that’s where I hope to produce important and spectacular goals for the club and give the Celtic supporters something to cheer about.

“Playing games over the next few months is going to be huge for me so that I can come here with confidence, and that’s going to be very important to me, to come in here fresh because I know that summer is a big time of the season for European teams as well, so I want to be ready.

“This stage of the season is also important for Karpaty Lviv, because they’re fighting in the league so they’ll need me now more than ever, and there’s a personal weight on my shoulders to really perform. I will still be supporting Celtic, of course, and hoping that they do well for the rest of this season.

“Karpaty’s colours are also green and white so the transition to Celtic makes me feel very at home supporting green and white again, which has always been in my heart.”

The Ukrainian winger has already gained full international honours with his country, making his debut for the senior squad back in November in a friendly against Turkey. And he believes that making the move to Celtic will also ultimately help his international ambitions.

“I believe this a good move for me, with a step up in the level of competition, which will hopefully earn me more call-ups to the national team,” he said. “That’s a coaching decision, of course, but I hope to play more times for Ukraine.

“I’m very happy to have signed for Celtic and I’m really excited to be able to call this my home now. It’s a massive club with a huge history and I want to be here and be part of it and write the future history.

“I’m very emotional, in a good way, because this is a big step for me in my career and I want to be able to keep growing with that and show that, with the expectations of this club, that I can perform at this level.”

And Maryan also revealed that, while his friends and family are delighted that he’s signed for Celtic, the move has already been welcomed in Glasgow.

“At first I was very surprised because I received a lot of messages from the Ukrainian community in Glasgow on my social media,” he said, “and I was surprised they found me and reached out, and they’re excited about me coming here.

“That made me very emotional because I realise what it means to them to have a Ukrainian player in Glasgow playing for Celtic. So I want to create a good image while I’m here, both as a Ukrainian and as a footballer.”

The Legend Of Lubo likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Welcome :shamrock:

Luis1967 likes this.
  4. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Nice, would rather he stayed but hey ho.

5. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Welcome

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Welcome, cheerio and see you in the summer. :party22:

StPauli1916 and Jacob knows like this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    4 and a half year deal. Nice..

Crilly likes this.
  8. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Welcome, see ye next see season

9. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Welcome Maryan.

Best decision you'll make.

Crilly likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Shved: “I’m very proud to be here and even prouder as a Ukrainian to be the first player from my country to sign for #CelticFC, particularly with what that means for football in Ukraine."

StPauli1916, Tommy25 and Crilly like this.
  11. Priest

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Benzene Gold Member Gold Member

Excited about this, shame he's going back for half a season

Crilly likes this.
  14. Keano88

Welcome Maryan :shamrock:

Will be keeping an eye on how he does the rest of the season.

Crilly likes this.
  15. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Actually makes sense to loan him back when we have Burke/Jamesie/Weah/Sinky and possibly Eddy competing for wide slots

16. James Gold Member Gold Member

MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED MARVIN SHED

17. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Pretty dismayed to see another winger at the club.

18. Mr. Slippyfist

Calling it right here, he's gonna be a pler that gets the fans' arses off their seats.

What a * left peg by the looks of him.

Looking forward to next season!

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’m excited about this one...

StPauli1916 and Crilly like this.
  20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I'm just excited that we've actually signed someone, and it's no a loan deal .............:56: :36:

Keano88 likes this.