1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

January Transfer window

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by straighttalker, Nov 22, 2017.

Discuss January Transfer window in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    When Peter Lawells pay and bonus are bigger than what we've spent on players this window shows that there has needed to be change for a while.

They have fleeced us as fans. It's a business at the end of the day and at some point you need to invest in capital. We have chose not to which means our product (the team) has suffered and becoming more and more inferior - any other company or brand would be held more accountable

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Ffs give the guy a break, he's got to pay to heat his drive to keep his Louis labooton shoe soles warn to avoid pealing.

3. Davidstalker199

I think our business is done what do. People. Think

4. celtic warrior

Started off well with Burke, Weah, Bayo & Gutman?.

Falling off a cliff since. Defense needs signings, I go back to the fact that Rodgers perhaps want to go to 3-5-2 which is why Burke, Weah and Bayo were all brought in sharpish but we'd also need two perm CB's for that to look like something we can do.

I say two CB's under the assumption Boyata is gone this window (which looks unlikely).

5. themouth1888

The Ukrainian lad coming in will be our last.

Everyone knows we need to haggle with teams at least for a week for a fee and only have a few days left so we are done

Artorias likes this.
  6. apevrak

I don't know. If the board had any ambition to get us to the CL this season that RB should have been brought in last summer along with a new CB long before the AEK game. The players on outgoing contracts should have been moved on to salvage some money and reinvested it in the team. The board took a risk by not recruiting quality defenders in time which cost the club tens of millions pounds.

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

What can you say.. same every window since BR has come in..

It’s clear to us and every club we play where our deficiencies lie..

The lack of forward planning for the critical and most important games of the season in terms of finance, is bewildering..

A CB even on pre-contract is a must.. a RB...it may have been mentioned before, no sure.

8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

* ridiculous if we exit this window with no right back signed.

Artorias likes this.
  9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Going into the summer needing two new CB'S, a new RB and a back-up LB is beyond stupidity. Thing is there is 0 guarantee we even get 3 of those positions sorted.

Artorias likes this.
  10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

RB was a necessity and overdue by at least 6 months, there are no excuses for not getting one in this window. To fail to do so again when it potentially cost us £40 million for UCL qualification is negligence.

In my opinion at least 1 CB should've been signed this window. We have 4 injury-prone CBs (Jozo, Ajer, Boyata, Benkovic) at the club and the one who can stay fit is never a CB in a million years (Hendry). Both of our 1st choice CBs out of those are off in the summer.

The fact that Bitton playing at CB is again a possibility 2 years on from doing an admirable job there in Rodgers first season shows you how bad our squad management is.

I understand the Shved deal was an opportunity that was too good to turn down but it's baffling that we're spending £1.75 million on a position that we're relatively strong in...while our defence is being neglected.

The board have 3 days to get a RB in. Anything less and there has to be accountability for failure. The same, tired excuses we hear year-on-year won't cut it this time. Our negotiator is being paid over £9,000 per day in this tax year, it's time he started earning it.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  11. A.M Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Unthinkable going into qualifiers with Hendry/Jozo/Ajer as our CBs. And I do like Ajer but he's still so inexperienced.

The RB situation is criminal.

Artorias likes this.
  12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Rodgers second season, first season it was Kolo and O’Connell.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  13. john2061

i will say it again if no defenders come in before thursday and we lost the league the whole * board needs to go that includes the major shareholder .

Fully87 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  14. Keano88

Kolo and O’Connell to Bitton and Simunovic to Ajer and Hendry.

Makeshift Defence CSC

A.M and Artorias like this.
  15. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

The whole point of transfer windows is to leave it stronger than you went in. In that respect we have come out stronger.

Where my problem lies isnthe fact that not only have we not sorted our defence issue but long term we haven't really improved anything.

In 6 months time it's likely weah, Burke, boyata and benkovic are away.

The loan signings have taken the sting out of a terrible window. We have signed bayo who I hope will be a scoring machine and a project winger in shved (probably).

In the summer we are going to down

2X first choice cb's
    Still needing a rb
    Back up lb
    Backup for the wings

Thatll be 5 positions that will need to be replaced with quality and based on our transfer dealings, I cannot see it happening. Our transfer policy has to change. Surely we will be forced to spend more than the norm during the summer, surely!?

16. The Greenman King of kings

It's been a good window so far in regard we've actually managed to sort out the striker situation (for now) much more than what I expected. However if we go into yet another round of qualifiers with Lustig at right back and the very real possibility of Hendry and Bitton at CB then that is beyond inexcusable and we deserve all we get.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Resigned myself to the fact we won't be signing a right back now :54:

Blochairnbhoy and A.M like this.
  18. NM67

I dont know why many in here are surprised.

Xatraps likes this.
  19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We tried.. but we’ll only bring in quality..

Artorias likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member