1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Hun Scum v Celtic, Sat 29th Dec, KO 12:30 GMT, Live on Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Dec 26, 2018.

Discuss The Hun Scum v Celtic, Sat 29th Dec, KO 12:30 GMT, Live on Sky Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Stop you * stirring. Mon the hoops indeed!:brendy:

Marty McFly likes this.
  2. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

3. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
  4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Last post regarding the huns and this result for a while, but what i will say is this defeat hurts as much as hibs, hearts and killie, which to me suggests they're at that level now. Doesn't mean in the slightest they've caught up or they're a threat, but it does show we've regressed.

Hammy89 likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Missing you already hun.

7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  8. PorchBhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I must admit that I underestimated how much we had going against us for this match. When we show up and put in a good performance, we don’t have to worry about the cumulative things working against our club adding up. It added up Saturday when we didn’t show up.

Ticket Allocation:
    Only 750 supporters is ridiculous. Makes no sense that it’s not a 50/50 split - creates a horrible atmosphere. "Football is nothing without fans." Shame on Dodgy Dave for ruining this…

Biased Refereeing:
    Given who else was on the pitch, it was always going to be playing against more than 11 men. Operation Stop 10IAR is in full effect.

12)
    Beaton was never going to give us anything. We had cards dished out for our challenges, and they didn’t even have a word for their challenges and kicks/grabs.

13)
    Madden was the 4th official. Enough said.

14)
    Ross was one of the linesmen. Recall his emphatic reaction in getting Jozo a red card for an accidental elbow to Morelos…

Team Selection:
    McGregor should never have been played at LB. Hayes or Izzy would have been the better choice. Thought that at kickoff and also that McGregor should have been moved to midfield with Ntcham off at HT. Injuries and Rogic being called off to sit out a friendly hurt us, but I still felt like we had plenty to work with among fit players.

Team Performance:

We looked tired, scattered, and scared out there. None of our players looked like they had any fight in them or a desire to win. I kept hoping that we’d sneak something on the counter as they were pressing us for the whole game but we wasted those opportunities when they came. Worst performance of the season but not the worst under Brendan. Still have faith in him and the bhoys though, despite this horror show.

Gordon — 4/10 — incredible saves but is woeful in distribution

Lustig — 3/10 — harassed and easily beaten by Ryan Kent for the goal assist

Boyata —2/10 — back to poor, bombscare form after that injury, constantly playing balls out… painful to watch him in addition that he just looks unhappy

Benko — 4/10 — didn't look his confident self but I think was still playing on a injury... being constantly fouled and rattled by the atmosphere didn't seem to help

CalMac — 6/10 — only player who appeared to put in an effort/fight

Brown — 1/10 — worst performance I’ve seen from him - shocking!

Ntcham — 3/10 — one goal attempt and not much else other than losing possession

JF — 4/10 — anonymous for most of the game

Christie — 4/10 — seemed rattled in all his attempts but was at the end of quite a few cheeky fouls

Sinclair — 2/10 — hard to watch him do that silly fake out move time after time and not cringe

Mikey — 4/10 — very little service but should have done better with what did come through, trying to hard to be clever when clinical was needed

Ajer — 4/10 — a couple of good tackles

Ralston — 4/10 — beaten but looked better out there than Lustig, more pace

Eddy — 4/10 — same issue as with Mikey

There are some things out of our control (SPFL nonsense, media theatrics, ticket allocations, refs, etc.), but team selection and performance are something we have to improve over the break and in the second half of the season. We're beating ourselves here!

9. MartinoBianco

Not much

10. MartinoBianco

And aye I want Morelos retrospectively banned for his three ignored red cards
    1. Kicking Browns baws
    2. Stamping on Ralston
    3. Lashing out at Christie

They can’t score without that ugly rat * goonies lookalike. Get.him.banned.

11. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    They didn't show any ability apart from Kent making Lustig look a fool but that wouldn't be hard, the rest of them where just similar to the average Hearts and Hibs we face wich is get in their faces and stop them from playing and it worked for them on this occassion, at the end of the day it's still only 11 vs 11 even if we have the superior squad with more gifted footballers ,they wanted it more on the day.

12. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

This was all down to BR, his team selection and formation was wrong, wrong so feckin wrong. There had to be a strongt ecomplacency in his thinking I would suggest based on our previous humiliation of them.

BR approached this game as a stroll in the park. His selection and formation were all of a mind that neither was really crucial as we would win no matter. This attitude was I believe transmitted to the players who set about the game with the same mindset.

13. Roskopicachu

Just saw a replay of the "Drop ball" incident. What was Candeias doing in their and why does Scott Brown's leg take a very unnatural swing away from his body. Even took a second nibble.

So the important question is, how was that assault on Scott Brown not a red card for Candeias.
    Right in front of the referee he's just walked in and had a go at breaking Scott Brown's leg.

He'd no business being in their and he looked a bit sheepish afterwards, like he knew he'd done it and wanted to see if the ref reacted.

Like i've been saying for weeks, no players sent off against Celtic when their should be one almost every week.
    Apparently now you can have a bounce up and two players can go in and kick Scott Brown, the second one almost being a leg breaker. Balls on the floor and he goes right for the kneecap.

Also stamped on him and the refs looking right at them.
    https://twitter.com/rhysturrell

14. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The bigger picture is the season up until now has been a very odd one and hard to assess other than fundamentals like we are clearly not the team of the last 2 seasons.

The facts are that Sevco have never beaten us since they came back as this tribute act but this season on what we have seen so far from us always had to be the big chance to put that right from their perspective, we’ve had a tendency to put in a dreadful performance with unfathomable tactics and team selection too many times this season domestically away from home and Saturday has only followed on that trend and we shouldn’t be as surprised by this defeat as too many are making out, other than the sheep the other day all our away performances against top half teams have been very poor indeed and not up to scratch by any imagination.

New fresh faces coming in through a productive window and the phasing out of Lustig and one up front all the time has to be the result of this defeat and the lessons should be learned from it to go on and win this league comfortably which despite the current disappointment should still be something we have the squad and manager to accomplish without too much fuss.

Only complacency and failure to address obvious issues that should have been addressed in the summer will stop us putting Sevco and the rest in their rightful places again come May

Tony. and MartinoBianco like this.
  15. MartinoBianco

Hear hear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Tony.

Fav Celtic Player:
    George Connelly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA.
    *,4/10,
    I'll have whatever you're drinking tonight,thank you very much for that laugh.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2018
    MartinoBianco likes this.
  17. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    50k Celtic fans next game , on a big park , and some new signings coming into the mix we could easily turn them over 5-0 again just like hibs and hearts different story but the gap is closed and we fear them.

18. CountyDownFaithful

Can’t believe our team let Morelos cut about that park kicking, grabbing and stamping on our players.

It’s an actual embarrassment that no one got a hold of him and gave him a sore one!!

Tony., MartinoBianco and The IRA like this.
  19. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Remember saying this during the game. Their pitch looked narrowed to *, again. Nobody mentioned it afterwards though so thought maybe I was imagining it.

20. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Huns were worthy of their win take nothing away from them , that's what happens when u don't match up then let the football do the talking. but it's law of averages like man city versus a southampton.