1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Hun Scum v Celtic, Sat 29th Dec, KO 12:30 GMT, Live on Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Dec 26, 2018.

Discuss The Hun Scum v Celtic, Sat 29th Dec, KO 12:30 GMT, Live on Sky Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jamiebhoy67

Wasnt very high on my list of things to keep.in mind.while.writing
    That

MartinoBianco likes this.
  2. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    The only 2 chances i remember for us was McGregor "goal" and Halliday saved a certain goal from Ntcham we could have nicked something on the counter even with the pressure they had and how badly we played still a 1-0, but we couldn't impose our attacking game on them.

3. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    We were to slow in getting to the midfield and when we do we are facing our own goal, there was no out ball with mj up front callum at lb was a joke and he was found wanting imo, this is all down to Rodgers setting up some questionable tactics recently

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

4. jamiebhoy67

It was very nice i think he let who get the better of him yesterday to be honest you can bet one thing though it won't happen again this winter break has come at an excellent time and the transfer window also

5. Roskopicachu

It was a bad day, but that was never our strongest starting 11.

6. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

??

7. jamiebhoy67

Wow my phone just took a mind of its own there

I meant it was very naive of him yesterday in his tactical approach

Spring Time likes this.
  8. jamiebhoy67

And that he let his ego get the better of him

9. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    When i heard the team i feared the worst!!....and so it proved!! Thought Hayes did well enough the other day to warrant staying there. We lose far too mucn pulling Calmac out of there. Broony and Ntcham just non-existent and really felt sorry for the wee man up top on his own although the boy did ok i thought with the very few scraps he had!!

Slippy fed them raw meat all week and Brendan just placed a bowl of the stuff in front of them with that line-up!!!

A real wake-up for some of the players and the manager too!!!......no room for any more passengers in that team and there are a few!!

Right, i'm away to try and get rid of this * of a sore head!! Actually glad there's wee break now....might suit us and they'll not be wanting it after that result!!

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  10. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    And that’s still no excuse.

11. Roskopicachu

It's no excuse but they must've been encouraged when they looked at the team sheet and saw no Edouard and a lack of pace in the middle and no strength up front. A defensive problem became a midfield problem.
    Gradually as players picked up knocks and Edouard came on we nearly nicked a draw. Gave a glimpse of MacGregor in the final third. Johnston never got much service, but it also meant they were able to bomb everyone forward.
    A 4-4-2 would've disrupted that. For one or two like Forrest they've played an incredible amount of games and need a rest.
    We'll come back stronger and Johnston at least got valuable big game experience, but it's a game that i hope is forgotten about by the end of the season. It's one trip away too many. The fixtures get kinder for us, starting with three weeks off which we could do without as the weather's fine for playing games. That's the annoying thing, no games for three weeks when we could be doing with another game to get this one out of our system. * but the season rolls on and i think we've done well finding a few from the squad this season. Just ran out of steam against a hungrier more aggressive side.

12. dmac

They must have been laughing when they seen our line-up yesterday with Callum at left back we conceded the midfield from the off. They started playing the ball up to Morelos and then pile forward to support it play it out wide and do the same, one of our problems for years has been the midfield not picking up runners and ball watching we have seen it in Europe this season time after time. The mistakes made yesterday are nothing we haven't seen before but for me what is worrying is that we haven't learned from them

KRS-1888 and joemc like this.
  13. MartinoBianco

Worst thing is before the game kicked off I turned to my cousin’s mate Steve and said ‘it would be great if we embarrassed them today - really rubbed it in’.

Just watched the highlights. The fact that we got out of there without a DVD getting made of ‘The Ibrox Annihilation: Rangers 5 Celtic 0 December 29th’ is all down to Craig Gordon. I absolutely detest that we have to suffer his * kicking and constant hospital balls to his defense (making players like Boyata even more of a liability) - but I’m absolutely indebted to him for helping us avoiding a real real showing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    We were gonna lose one sooner or later but it's the meek way we went down that really sticks in the throat.

One last big effort before the break was needed and we were badly let down and I include the manager in that.

He changed nothing, when Eddy came on we should have put 2 up front, put Callum in midfield, hooked Ntcham and went to a back three, we had * all to lose, but was a pointless straight swap. I actually thought Johnston looked lively throughout and was one of only 3 that got pass marks for me with McGregor and the goalie (despite some of his lunacy).

We are letting these * in this .. and only have ourselves and our lack of investment to blame .. again ...

15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mon the Hoops! :ynwacelti

packybhoy likes this.
  16. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    When will we know about the compliance officer offerring/not offering Morelos a ban

17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Good point as bad as yesterday was from us he had three incidents all of which merited at least a yellow if not a straight red and clearly would have had a very real effect on the flow of the game if they went down to 10. His kick from behind early on against Scott Brown. Then his raking of the studs on the back of Ralston in the second half and lashing out and hitting Christie after that. We did not deserve to win the game no question but without a doubt Morelos should have got a red card yesterday and yet somehow got nothing.

18. strike twice

Morelos should have been sent off his very unsporting behaviour , but he didn't even get spoken to for his kick at Broony . We didn't deserve a win , but it might have been a whole lot different if he had walked . Poor refereeing again surrounding his extremely petulant actions . If he was being watched by a scout , and they saw that side of his play , he'd be instantly written off as a loose cannon .

19. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Ok.

Btw, what did your cousins mate stevie say?

20. M 67

If you acted like that wee oxygen theiving mutant on the street, you’d get arrested for sexual assault. Running around trying to grab folks’ baws! And for them to call Brown a “Lego muncher” when he’s in their squad, unreal :giggle1: