1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Hun Scum v Celtic, Sat 29th Dec, KO 12:30 GMT, Live on Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Dec 26, 2018.

Discuss The Hun Scum v Celtic, Sat 29th Dec, KO 12:30 GMT, Live on Sky Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. technom8t

Fav Celtic Player:
    NAKA
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Probably just me. Although that was a sore one, it juat wasnt the same and still isnt. Feels exactly same as a defeat to say hibs or hearts etc. It may be the fact we are still top with a game in hand or that they just arent the same club anymore but i seem to be able to take that one on the chin and move on knowing we will still win the league and comfortably at that.

2. joemc

More down to law of averages i feel ,we had to lose 1 eventualy and better now than it being a title decider ,so most are accepting grudgingly, and moving on .

3. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    We had to get the first goal to get a foothold in the game and at that silence the crowd in the process. they got it and they had momentum wich saw them through.

4. CountyDownFaithful

Just thinking if the new allocation of 750/800 fans does not revert back to the traditional allocation, I can see it being very rare that an away team wins in these games.

5. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    we will if we fekkin turn up !!

6. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    * aw to do with that mate

Home or away if we don’t have KT, rogic and a good striker we are flammable

joemc and Sydneysider like this.
  7. Maestro 08

The frustrating thing is that the deficiencies that were exploited today are the same ones that have been glaring for not only this season but much of last as well. Any manager that wants to beat us exploits these areas & that was brought home to roost again today,

A GK who has extremely poor distribution for a team that wants to play possession football from the back.

A centre back who is being asked to initiate play from the back but panics badly when put under pressure.

A RB who struggles to get forward, lacks mobility and who lacks recovery pace.

A pedestrian central midfield pair that play side to side football with one (Ntcham) that if he’s not going missing for most of our games, he’s barely able to keep the ball in play.

A LW that has far more poor games than good yet is untouchable in the managers eyes.

A lack of options in the striker department.

No suitable cover at LB.

And a lack of battling qualities.

I think most of us can see this, yet it has not been addressed. For the most part we’ve got away with it, but a perfect storm of circumstances came together today culminating in that disastrous performance. With the injuries to Tierney & Edouard and Griffiths missing our undermanned positions were patched up with makeweights leaving us vulnerable before a ball was kicked. Once the whistle went our teams’ other weaknesses were further exposed. Lustig on the wane, Gordon and Boyata crumbling under pressure, pedestrian midfield duo, no presence up top, Sinclair off the boil again.

We are on the slide and need some significant recruitment over the next two windows as we have done for some time. Get shot of the deadwood and bring in a quality (or at least ones that can carry out the style of play Rodgers wants) GK, RB, CB, ST, LW (unless Morgan or Edouard can excel out there), decent cover at LB and a first team ready ST who can put himself about. Also build the midfield around MacGregor. He should not be getting shoe horned in or making way for others, he needs to be our linchpin from now on.

8. CountyDownFaithful

Yeah totally agree, posted a few comments earlier today about how poor our performance was etc.

Just think the allocation change has a huge impact as well! Not an excuse though, we were absolutely murder, gutless and embarrassing, not an acceptable standard for Celtic

9. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Terrible performance, Ntcham and Christie completely forgot how to pass and Brown and Lustig are past it. The only defenders I’d keep at the club are Ajer & Tierney. Ralston isn’t good enough, Boyata is terrible & Benkovic won’t stay beyond May. He’s not exactly great either. Gordon was excellent today, though I still want him replaced.

However simple maths tells us we had to lose eventually, never nice but better to do it when ahead with a far superior goal difference and a game in hand.

Sydneysider likes this.
  10. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    if we played that badly against any other team in the league we would be beaten.
    but...
    we're still top of the league with a game in hand,
    still in europe
    and already have one trophy in the bag.
    so to put some prospective on todays result, we played * and got beat...... all we lost today was 3pts. nothing else.

trackebhoy, Sydneysider and jake10 like this.
  11. Martybhoy53

Apart from McGregor the rest of the players should ask themselves did they give their all today. BR should also reflect on his starting 11 and tactics.

Sydneysider likes this.
  12. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    No panic bhoys, as disappointing as today's result was our players have been at it since June and need this winter break as we did last January and then we'll kick on and win the league WHETHER WE SPEND IN JANUARY OR NOT THE LEAGUE TITLE IS OURS. And about transfers, Brendan sniffing around strikers is necessary but he shouldn't be allowed to sign up anyone until he sorts our defence out, ALL teams now target lustig as routine and again today he cost us 2 points, I've loved lustig but enough is enough, my son had me convinced to give lustig a years extention supporting a new first choice RB and being there as emergency cover if Brendan wants to play a 3 BUT NO, bye lustig, I've loved you but it's over, hibs need a RB surely

13. leeso-ardoyne

Tv deal will demand they revert back to giving each other the 7k seats again.

14. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Weans greetin noo, cheers Celtic.

Spring Time, Twisty, kramer1 and 2 others like this.
  15. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Huns best player was Kent ability wise the rest were just get in their faces , tackle and press.

16. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Just a bad day in the Office,but we own the Office.

Spring Time, Dalbeth3 and FATLAZYBHOY like this.
  17. oh bhoy

The only positive i can take from that is that it was 4 or 5 nil it was the only conceivable way we could get beat we played * ,they played out of their skin and were helped along their way by the m.i.b. Their scummy 6 year old club got their most historic win today that's all they will be celebrating this season

18. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

* horrible day, sounds a bit extreme, but literally not touched Charlie since i was about 21, but back on it the night, * depressing.

19. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

That starting 11 was outrageous

20. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Truth today
    Charlie nic, mcstay, tierney proved might be 18, 19 but old enough for an old firm first occasion derby

Johnston bottled it, end of