1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Our season could be in much worse shape right now had it not been for this young man. We'd probably be out of Europe and there's no guarantee we would've won the League Cup either.

I know he's not a new signing but his efforr & enthusiasm since he's been given his chance has been infectious on others in the rest of the squad.

At this moment in time he's undroppable. Who'd have thought that would be the case 7 weeks ago?

Tommy25 and Liam Scales like this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

TO top off a great couple of months, Ryan Christie has won the SPFL Ladbrokes Premiership Player of the Month Award for November. The midfielder burst back on to the scene at the end of October by turning the tide in Celtic’s 3-0 win over Hearts in the League Cup semi-final at Murrayfield, and since then he has failed to find the net in only one domestic game.

The midfielder has carried on his scoring form into December by netting the winner in Sunday’s League Cup final win over Aberdeen and opening the scoring in Wednesday’s game against Motherwell at Fir Park before the home side equalised.

Picking up the award today (Thursday), he said: “It’s always nice to be recognised and I’m delighted to have an award after putting in the hard work. I’ve got a lot of people I owe for it, and it’s been a great couple of months for the whole team.

“Obviously, we were disappointed to concede the equaliser at Motherwell, but we’re still very high on confidence and that’ll allow us to kick on.

“It’s been nice getting some regular game-time, and I’ve managed to keep myself in the starting XI. That’s always going to help a player find a bit of form, and I’ve been lucky enough to chip in with a couple of goals and assists. That’s my job as an attacking midfielder, and being in the starting XI has given me that momentum to really get my game going right now.”

Christie, of course, spent more than a season on loan at Aberdeen and he is delighted that he now feels more established at Celtic after signing a contract extension.

He said: “That’s one of the reasons I signed the new contract. I feel now I have a serious part to play, and I think I can help Celtic Football Club achieve success. I’m feeling at home now.

“The manager has been brilliant with me since he came in. Even when I was out on loan at Aberdeen, he made sure he pulled me in and let me know what he thought was missing in my game, what he thought I needed to work on, and what he thought going out on loan would help me with.

“That’s all paid off now that I’m back, and I think that season-and-a-half at Aberdeen, where I was playing non-stop football for the first time in my career, was hugely beneficial. So, fair play to the manager, he’s always had that belief, and he’s always let me know that I’ve got a chance at Celtic.”

The 23-year-old’s patience and belief has paid off and he’s now firing on all cylinders with the Hoops ahead of a crucial juncture in the season.

Christie added: “Over the years there have been a few frustrating times. There have been times when I had to keep my head down, keep working, keep patient, and you’re always going to get that at a club like Celtic, because we’ve got such a big squad of so many good players.

“It’s so hard to work your way in. I’m happy now that my chance has come along. I’ve been really lucky to have people around me that have been involved in football, and I’ve had plenty of people to turn to when it got a bit frustrating.

“I think most football players will tell you, when things aren’t going your way, you put your head down and turn it into hard work and work even harder.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. MR IGNORANT

First name on the team sheet.

Tommy25 likes this.
  5. Keano88

Gordon’s no that bad, surely :fear:

Tommy25, MR IGNORANT and Spring Time like this.
  6. oneilla56

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    What a sexy *!

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Class in a glass

Tommy25 likes this.
  9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Never took that long to replace Armstrong. Exactly what we needed and suddenly we look fantastic again. Yas!!!!

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Anybody still want to compare him to Armstrong? This boy is streets ahead.

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I want him given more set piece chances. I honestly thought that FK would have to be a ground shot to go in, but he managed to curl it in from a tricky range.

Tommy25 likes this.
  12. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Really does remind me of Iniesta.

Tommy25 and Rydo1888* like this.
  13. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

We sold Armstrong for 8M and had an upgrade on him already in the squad in Christie.

Always thought he could do well given the chance but * me never expected him to do this will and doing it every game. Lad must be living on cloud 9, fantastic to see.

Tommy25, Jeannie960 and Rydo1888* like this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Great wee player..

Should probably start hitting our penalties as well with his technique and confidence..

15. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I had that feeling about him too. He looked like he had something about him but I credit BR more than Aberdeen. He has the ability to make players believe in themselves.

Tommy25 and CookieMonster like this.
  16. Celtic Bhoy 94

I’m sure there was a few of us that thought he could do a job for us when he was out in the dark but * me I don’t even think Christie himself was expecting this it’s got to the point where it’s laughable

Tommy25 and Jeannie960 like this.
  17. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Well done Ryan....another top display

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I said before the new ‘Maestro’ but the more I watch him I can see John Collins.:50:

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member