1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

January Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Maximillian, Oct 16, 2018.

Discuss January Transfer Window in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    After the Summer we had , were due a good window don't want to hear the nonsense about January being a "difficult" time to bring in players , we have money and money talks. Failure to deliver for Brendan again he is aswell not being here.

2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    As said a RB to challenge with Mik. Possibly 2 CHs and a striker, you could look at a winger too, if he buys a central midfielder I will bust oot greetin.

Needs to be important we got Hibs Aberdeen and that new team in the next couple of weeks. After last night's slip up and our poor away form we don't know what position the league could be in, Killie could be miles ahead of us :D

January is important.

3. oh bhoy

Need first team players too many of Rodgers signings in around the fringes can't hold down regular first team spot for whatever reason.gk,2xCb,rb,lw,st

4. celtic warrior

Celtic will never, ever have a January window that recruits that many first team worthy player.

We'd be lucky to get a RB and ST in Jan.

I agree to sense though that we do need a good few players and it easy to make an argument for each position as a priority but I would say RB is highest, with CB and ST drawn for second most important.

5. CountyDownFaithful

WISHLIST:

RB
    CB - if Boyata goes

LW - replace Sinclair

ST - proven goalscorer

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  6. Murph-E

Back-up striker, right-back and winger (hopefully Patrick Roberts).

7. CodyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ninetoes Finder
    I would agree with this, however would like a striker to challenge for a first team role and offer something different from the current strikers

8. oh bhoy

I wonder if the 2009/10 January window spooked them or something .I think that was the happiest transfer window i can remember didn't work out that well !!

9. celtic warrior

Aye on paper that should have been a * mega sexy success Ki Sung-Yueng, Jos Hooiveld, Thomas Rogne, Morten Rasmussen, Diomansy Kamara, Edson Braafheid, Robbie Keane & Paul Slane.

All brought in for the Jan window, all with respectable reps, promising youngsters in Ki and Rogne, Goal scorers in Big Morten and Keane.

The season however didn't end very well and some of those didn't perform anywhere near as they should/could have.

We'll be lucky if we see 2 players brought in Jan.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  10. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    1 CB and RB would be a good window. It's honestly my most optimistic expectation, and probably we won't get both. CF is hard, because who would want to rot on the bench most of the time? Finding a GK who can both save shots and be calm on the ball would be nice.

11. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Absolute bare minimum my opinion getting a centre half and right full in. We should really be getting a striker and/or winger as well not to mention a keeper. I think we'll have a strong window.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We need a right back, left winger, striker and a centre back.

13. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Defence both RB/CB although thats needed looked at since BR arrived here so probably hewhaw will happen again. Maybe get a compper type in.
    Should also look at a 3rd striker although BR is on record as saying 3 isn't required.
    Winger needed.
    Will probably sign more CM's to add to the stockpile.

14. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    The Centre Forward wont have to rot on the bench if he's the required quality and if the other 2 are not doing it will he ?
    We were much better with 3 strikers especially with Dembele and Edouard was on the left we started the season looking frightening with they 2 in the same team. now we dont have a focal point and our hold up play is poor between either Griff or Edouard playing as a lone striker they dont look like scoring some games.

15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Odsonne is selfish, but otherwise class. Just like Griffiths isn't good in hold-up play. Maybe I could see the need for a 3. striker if we played 2 up top.

16. oh bhoy

No excuse now get the checkbook out

MartinoBianco likes this.
  17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely crucial window

18. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Think signing a no.1striker will solve the LW problem , as agree wa some in the Eddy page think he's better as a left sided FW him an wee jamsey each side of a new CF

19. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    we should be using this january window to actually build for our qualifiers in the summer, to get the players we want in and ready and organised in the first team.

Lustig is getting on in years, we need a new RB
    Boyata and Benkovic aren't staying so we need at least 1 CB this window, we have to cash in on Boyata or lose him for nothing.
    with Griffiths health issues we desperately need a new striker or even 2 since we would usually have 3.
    Sinclair isnt cutting it anymore, we need a left winger.
    a spare right winger wouldnt be too bad either in case Forest gets injured and we've had * luck with injuries this season.

RB, CB, LW, RW, ST at least for me but thats probably wishful thinking. we'll sell boyata and loan someone to replace him and that'll be it.

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    LW, ST, RB, CB in that order, Lustig has been good recently but he still needs competition/to be second choice, where-as sinclair is the glaring weak spot in our team now. I'd also like a new GK but i don't see that happening.