1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikael Lustig

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Mar 3, 2012.

Discuss Mikael Lustig in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He was poor again. He needs to be rested as much as possible as he doesn't have the legs for 90 minutes in Europe, nevermind following it up with another 90 two and a half days later.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

A clip that became viral shows how Mikael Lustig, in the capacity of Celtic team captain, comes from his mascot at the inmarsch to the team's latest Europe League match.

Now Lustig comments on the featured video.

"I happened to him," says the back and laughs.

Mikael Lustig's Celtic is in the top of the Scottish league and also won his important European League match against Emil Forsberg's RB Leipzig with 2-1 last week. But what was most talked about that match had nothing to do with the game on the soccer field.

Mikael Lustig, as the team captain, had to walk on the plane along with a mascot, but that was not the case. The mask went wrong, and Lustig chose to move on his way without him

I was pretty sure he would turn left with me there, then I see that he is actually moving straight or right to the right," says Lustig of the clip that quickly became a snack.

He admits that he first thought about going for the young guy and taking him to the right place, but then he chose to stay.

"I'll think of a fast-paced" should I go get him? "But he was already gone so I happened to him, laughs Mikael Lustig.

Lustig: "You may speculate"
    After Celtic's final league match before the ongoing national team resignation, Michael Lustig flew to Stockholm. When he landed, he steered towards AIK Goldfire in central Stockholm where his national team-mate Sebastian Larsson and Kristoffer Olsson, who just won SM gold, were.

"I came to Stockholm very late and threw a congratulations SMS to Sebbe who said they were in Stockholm and asked me to come out and say hi. So I went there and congratulated Sebbe, Koffe and those I know, says Lustig about the party night.

Should you start speculating that you are on your way to AIK now?

"You can wonder as much as you can, but I have a contract with Celtic and I think I'll play there next year too."

Have you been thinking about whether it will be Sundsvall, Västerås or Stockholm when you return home?

- As you said, you may speculate.

https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/landslaget/lustig-om-videon-jag-sket-i-honom/

3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Hope lawell doesn't offer him a new contract..... On a good day you would like to think new contract smaller than before and is made back up that won't happen though he will be kept as first team.. Lawell has to stop it from happening

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

4. joemc

Feel he has got better along with the team ,brings more than playing to the team ,a big character,plenty experience,we should leave it to the manager to decide the time to stop making him a certain starter ,he obviously see's him train every day and that tells him if he still has the desire and hunger to play another season or 2 .

5. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Cant see him not being offered a new deal, don't think Rodgers will let him leave if he wants to stay. One year deal probably.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport.../celtic-defender-mikael-lustig-hints-13586001

Tommy25 likes this.
  6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Well done Mik and Sweden topping their group, cleansheet and assist tonight, well done big man.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    I slag him all the time but thought he played quite well today.

9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Thought he was our best player, Christie got it but I thought we had few better than him.

Crossing was brilliant all day.

Norm Peterson likes this.
  10. joemc

Finding his energy again ,great to see the real mika back , would love to see him finish his career here and coach wae broony ,wot a pair that would be ,never a dull moment .

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. Norm Peterson

Yeah, I must admit myself, his crossing was of a better standard than previous games.

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think ODWC is right, he'll get a new contract. Then LeadpipeLouie's head will implode.

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He’s so slow..

Desperately need a RB..

Jeannie960 likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

MIKAEL Lustig admits that he is in the dark over his Celtic future with his contract coming to an end in the summer.

Celtic have an option in the Swedish defender’s deal to extend his contract for another season, but with AIK rumoured to be interested in bringing him back to his homeland, the 31-year-old is still unsure where he will be playing his football next term.

“We will see, we’ll see,” Lustig said.

“It’s in my contract and it’s up to Celtic, so we will see what happens in a couple of weeks.

Celtic have an option to take up. We’ve done it before, but they are always trying to improve the team. That’s normal.

“I don’t know what will happen, but I am all about the team. As long as Celtic do good I am happy.

“But of course I am here to fight for my position and of course I want to be here.

“I have always said I love this club and I love Glasgow but I am 100% sure I am going to move back to Sweden one day. We will see when that happens

There is more history to be made here of course, but I am 32 in a couple of weeks.

“Of course I always want to play for Celtic, but I know my ability and if they don’t want me then I am sure I will find a place where I am going to be happy.

“My body feels really good. I have played a lot of games with my club and done amazing with the Swedish team as well.”

Liam Scales likes this.
  15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

16. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I'd like him to stay on, but as a proper back-up. He played good against livingston but i would like better there.

17. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Translation:

"Look, I love it here and I really want to stay and I believe I can still do a job; but please stop ***ing me about and let me know if you're going to take up the option or not, because if you don't want me next year, AIK would be a pretty good second choice at my age and they want to know if I will be available. I don't want to end up with neither Celtic nor AIK. Cheers in advance."

Lawwell's thought on reading the article:

"Hmmmm, he's getting on a bit and definitely isn't the player he once was. We probably don't want him and most importantly at his age his sell on value would be negligible; but let's wait until we actually get an upgrade lined up for the summer before we give hm leave to talk to AIK. We can leave him hanging until the very last minute just in case we can't. TBH I could give a f*** about Mikael Lustig or any other loyal servant that has no sell on value. Now, where's that lying, two-faced c*** Boyata's *, so I can French kiss it some more to keep him sweet while I try to rescue my f*** up in the summer by getting some kind of fee from Fulham"

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Year extension and a new right back in the summer.

19. stew37

Aye, I reckon one more year but as a back up. Reading that makes me want him to stay; I like him, but been frightened by some of his performances this season, so definitely in need of a new right back as first choice.

20. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Sounds like he knows we're lookijg to strengthen his position