1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Criticism of Peter Lawwell.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by lion67, May 27, 2014.

Discuss Criticism of Peter Lawwell. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    He's doing a fantastic job, think he should take charge of Brexit negotiations; myself.

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He'd end up Jacob Rees-Mogg mk II.

Shorting the pound and hedging his bets on British industrial collapse while going full-steam ahead for a 'No Deal'.

3. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Other than that article I have never seen anything claiming/saying/showing he is on 1.8 million basic PLUS bonus.
    I might be wrong but I doubt that very much tbh.

If that's the report you posted it laid out that CL group participation was required for the executive bonus scheme or whatever the * they called it.

Don't have time to go find it but its reported, briefly, here as well

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news...ough_the___1_million_mark_for_the_first_time/

4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

No need to hedge on that tbf :giggle1:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  5. celtic warrior

There is a lot of this that can be blamed on him.

The pattern is far to common now that should a manger last long enough no matter the success they bring they see their squad and investment get worse but yet expected to continue performing.

If Rodgers were to do a treble treble I wouldn't be surprised if he was then left with a team expected to win the league the following season that had signed mclaren off hibs and sold eddie, promoted Allan and Christie and sold ntcham and rogic, had Morgan and Mikey as regulars and other spfl level fodder filling the team.

Every manager they do this do, lure them in with gold promises in the first year then morph more and more into a Scrooge before the manager gives up and leaves.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Choking to install WGS..:fear:

littlekennie likes this.
  7. The Greenman King of kings

Get this sack of * to *. He's been here far too long and time and time again his agenda has been proven to be at odds with ours. We'll never reach our full potential as a club as long as he's here. Infuriating how so many of us give up so much of our time and money every season to support the club we love just to get shat on by this bawbag.

8. dmccourt95

Wid love for him and his Tory * pals on the board to * off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    When i see a pic of him laughing it reminds of the scene in the departed where frank (jack nicholson) does an impression of a rat.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

10. Cupid Stunt

So it's made up * or it's not? You seemed pretty certain before.

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I fear this also he's the one guy lawell got on with
    Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

12. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Until I see a reputable source showing me he is on a basic of 1.8 million PLUS bonus I'll keep it filed under *.

Usually, when I say I doubt that very much that's my polite way of saying that's utter *.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC chief executive Peter Lawwell is about to receive a bumper £2.3m Christmas bonus for his performance in running the club for the past two years.

The 59-year-old who succeeded Ian McLeod as chief executive 14 years ago, is due to receive the sum on New Year's Eve.

It comes over and above his £1.17m annual salary package - which included £17,720 'benefits in kind' - and entrenches him as the club's biggest boardroom earner. The 'long term performance plan' bonus has accrued over two years since the scheme was brought in in 2017.

In the Celtic plc financial accounts for the year to June, 2018, Mr Lawwell's plan bonus rose by £516,000 (58%) from £890,000 in the first year to £1.4m in the latest year.

The Long Term Performance Incentive Plan (LTPIP) rewards him for company and football performance, including when Celtic qualify for the lucrative group stages of the Champions League. Celtic made the group stages in both years, but failed to qualify this year.

According to the terms of the plan, payment can only be made if Mr Lawwell remained with Celtic on December 31, 2018, which is when he is due to receive his bonus.

The overall salary costs of Celtic’s board of directors has risen from £1.57m to £1.60

Club chairman Ian Bankier (above), 65, has seen his salary rise by 60% in a year from £50,000 to £80,000.

Financial director Christopher MacKay, 42, whose salary package rose from £234,467 to £246,206, is also due to get a further £100,000 by way of two years in another long term performance plan.

Non-executive director Sharon Brown, 48, who is chairman of the club's audit committee, who arrived at the club halfway through the financial year to June, 2017 and received £14,126 remuneration is now receiving £30,360 for the full year.

The club plc’s full annual report which highlights a pre-tax profit of £17.3m - nearly double the previous year - states that its remuneration committee takes account of financial packages with other comparable companies and sectors, particularly large football clubs.

In explaining its boardroom rewards policy, Celtic plc secretary Michael Nicholson said: "The main objective of the company’s remuneration policy remains to attract, retain and motivate experienced and capable individuals who will make a significant contribution to the long term success of the group whilst, taking account of the marketplace.

"Specific corporate and personal objectives are used for executive directors and certain senior executives. A similar appraisal system is also applied to most regular employees throughout the group."

Mr Nicholson added: "Given the importance of the chief executive to the consistent and successful performance of the company, the board determined that the chief executive shall participate in the LTPIP, the purpose of which is to link the performance of the chief executive to performance targets which have the objective of improving company performance, the football performance of Celtic FC and generating shareholder value."

The Parkhead club's also showed year-on-year increase in overall group revenue from £90.6m to a record £101.6m.

Meanwhile, the total wage bill, including player pay, rose by 13% in the year from £52.2m to £59.3m, having increased by 41 per cent the previous year.

Mr Lawwell in his review said the club object was to "invest everything we can into the football operation without putting the club at risk".

Even though there was "disappointment" at not qualifying for the group stages of the Champions League this year, he said "we have the financial reserves to rely upon as we continue to look to the future with ambition and optimism".

14. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    What a * shambles... Should have lost any bonus for the way he conducted business over the John McGinn saga, even if you dont rate McGinn BR wanted him and he low balled Hibs over and over.

15. Celticbhoy111

No excuse for not spending in January.

16. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Cant stand any of the board but thing is, who would we get in his place if Lawwell was sacked.

17. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    After that last * up of a window..what a *' liberty....all the tories together, get the cash into the *' team ya * !! give the manager a fighting chance FFS

18. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    so 15% of the clubs profits of 17m goes straight to him as a bonus. That is obscene.

The IRA likes this.
  19. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Supposedly DD gave him orders after the last window to not let it happen again... BR probably had enough and went over Lawell straight to DD...

20. celtic warrior

What a man, how is he not the worlds richest man?