1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of transfer movement!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Martybhoy87, Jul 19, 2018.

Discuss Lack of transfer movement! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seanm

Tories on our board is like the dup on the Vatican council.awful board we have.no ambition.no more loan players ffs.Celtic fans won't sit by and watch the board do what they like believe me.HH.

john2061 and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  2. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    so we weaken our team and you expect the team without the player's you mentioned to keep going to the well and produce. We need * players and if you think the Huns won't be our nearest challengers then you're deluded. As for your tampon patter you can do better surely.

3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Really disappointed.

Someone or a group of people need to take the blame for this. It has been a shameful, ammeaturish approach to the window, after a poor Jan window too.

I have no idea why the manager's wishes weren't fulfilled. He's done his job on the park, why haven't we done it off for him? The least we could do is get him the replacements he needed.

If Rodgers failed on the pitch, he'd be sacked. I have no idea whose fault it is. Is it one? Two? A combination of faults from different levels of the club? It's someone's fault, I know that. They should be relieved of their duties just like Rodgers would be if he failed his.

Rodgers made the right call selling Dembele, as I believe it was his call. Dembele was unprofessional in the highest and their relationship left in tatters. My loyalties are with the club, obviously. He wasn't to go anywhere until a replacement brought in and our valuation met. He threw his toys out the pram. To say he had promises made about a future move and then broken is a lie. We wouldn't sell a player without a replacement or/and the valuation being met. The way Dembele has gone about it is shocking. Another slap in the face to Rodgers, the man who have Dembele this platform.

I'm worried about injuries to our strikers. I'm worried about our centre backs and right back situation.

Rodgers must be backed in the next two windows. He must get his men. To say 'it didn't work out' for deals two windows in a row just doesn't sit. To do it for three is ludicrous.

4. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Roberts, Armstrong and Dembele all gone. Boyata unsettled.
    Mulumbu in and Benkovic in on loan.
    An absolute * disgrace for a club that wants to progress according to the manager.
    No matter what the Dembele circumstances were, a big club, with a whole scouting department, shouldn’t be in a position where their top striker leaves and they have absolutely no replacements lined up.
    An utter shambles of a transfer window.

Hammy89, The Prof, rkid and 4 others like this.
  5. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Pathetic window , The board should be ashamed .

Sno'sLeftFoot likes this.
  6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Can't remember a worse transfer window all things considered.

Someone will probably correct me but 1 transfer fee paid and the rest loans and frees, with probably not really 1 improvement on last year.

The face painters and newspaper sellers aren't getting paid again, but totally smashed by them in the market, ffs.

The IRA and paulie walnuts like this.
  7. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Can loans out still be done naw? Like to the lower leagues up here/down there?

Baffling some of the players still on our books, 32 man squad i make it, another example (how many times now?) of our manager publicly stating what he wants to happen >>> then the opposite actually happens.

Can't help but feel he's being deliberately undermined, no club is this incompetent with their transfer business.

Paddy McGinty's Camel likes this.
  8. Murph-E

In the year 2018 so far then:

Spent £6mil up front on Edouard
    Spent £1.5mil on Hendry

Brought in £20mil for Dembele
    Brought in £8mil for Armstrong
    Brought in £7.5mil sell-on for Van Dijk
    Brought in £1mil for Sviatchenko

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  9. dmccourt95

Over the next two windows we’ll need a long term replacement for Gordon, Lustig and Brown, two first team replacements for boyata and benkovic and a replacement for dembele, that’s not factoring in anything else that can happen in that time like injuries or the wingers we have not proving to be good enough to push Forrest and Sinclair/McGregor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammy89 likes this.
  10. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Do you know what is so frustrating? How the club is portraying this image of being caught off guard this Summer.
    We'll have known ages ago that Boyata, Roberts and Armstrong wanted to move on this Summer, and we'll have been well aware that Dembele would have attracted some interest. To then fail to replace Armstrong and Roberts, and reject bids for the other two because we couldn't find replacements is a disgrace, really.

The people responsible for this are professionals, but they failed. Where is the forward planning? How hard can it be? Let's have a look at the current squad.

Dorus De Vries, Emilio Izaguirre, Cristian Gamboa, Dedyrck Boyata, Filip Benkovic (loan), Mikael Lustig, Scott Brown, Ryan Christie, Scott Allan & James Forrest are all out of contract at the end of this season.

Craig Gordon, Marvin Compper, Youssouf Mulumbu, Nir Bitton, Scott Sinclair, Daniel Arzani (loan), Jonny Hayes & Mikey Johnston are all out of contract at the end of next season.

Bain, Ralston, Simunovic, Hendry, Ajer, Tierney, McGregor, Kouassi, Ntcham, Rogic, Morgan, Griffiths and Edouard are all contracted until at least 2021.

I found it quite easy to work out - based on the above - what we need in January and next Summer, as well as having a pretty good idea of what we'll need to do ahead of the 2020/21 season. I bet all of you will as well. Some opinions will be different, but I bet we all come to roughly the same conclusions.

Now, I won't have a list of targets for each position we'll need. I won't be able to tell you strengths and weaknesses of each target. I won't know roughly how much they'll cost or what their wage demands would be. I won't know what their injury record is like. I won't know about their character or their personality or how they live their life. I certainly don't know what the budget would be.

But I would know all of this if I was paid to do it by a professional football team.

Xatraps, Gabriel, The IRA and 6 others like this.
  11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    We don't though the weakness is Rodgers favouritism
    Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

12. Heb Celt

So we have to survive until the January window with only 2 strikers after being promised Dembele wouldn't be sold unless a decent replacement was found first.Pathetic from the board and more lies.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  13. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Shambles of a window, worst thing is that this will have a knock on effect for next season.

Boyata will more than likely go, Benkovic will be gone, Ntcham a further year into his "cycle", Brown a year older - His cover in Mulumbu a year older, Gordon ageing, Lustig even worse (!), KT attracting interest..

We will go into next years quals needing 2 CB's, probably 2 CM's, striker, RB and I'm almost sure a quality winger is still needed.

The IRA likes this.
  14. Dubliner1

Only one word to describe the behaviour of our club this summer DISGRACEFUL. How have we ended up in this situation? The club are NOT that stupid. What is going on? Questions need to be asked. We are only 2 or 3 injuries away from losing the league. That's not acceptable. A weaker team now than in any other time under BR.

Dembele'sDa likes this.
  15. themouth1888

I swear if there isn't significant movement in January to compensate for this * storm then they can sing for the ST money. I'm genuinely about done with it all

Dembele'sDa likes this.
  16. TheHappyLoss

Or burned

17. Roskopicachu

Odsonne Edouard
    Centre-Forward

Emilio Izaguirre
    Left-Back

Youssouf Mulumbu
    Defensive Midfield

Scott Bain
    Goalkeeper

Filip Benkovic
    Centre-Back

Daniel Arzani
    Left Winger

Armstrong Okoflex

Leo Mazis
    Midfielder

Lewis Morgan
    Left Midfield

It took time and ok we didn't get our number 1 choices, but it's still good recruitment which normally means it's been a good window. We lost Dembele and Armstrong, but brought in good fees for both. Set a new club transfer record in both signing a player and the sale of a player. To the business of football that's all sort of successful.

So here's the thing.....it hasn't been a bad window at all. All the positions we needed covered pretty much got covered and also we're seeing great form from Christie against Suduva. Think he can have a good season for us.

Having looked at the quick news today they're banging on about Johnny Hayes being the biggest risk to winning the title, that's how ridiculous those * have got.

Don't buy it, we've a cracking squad and it's been a brilliant wee window for us, albeit helluva frustrating one where we missed lots of players, but that's the way it goes. As long as we've guys who want to be here and the quality is good, we'll do well this season.

Squad like this, with another window in January, think it's the basis for another treble. Sevco will be tapped out in January financially. No way are they getting past the group phase in Europe.

Far as i can see we've had a brilliant start to the season and it's been turned into a panic situation by the media and the fake media + plus dropped points at Hearts where we rested players and one or two issues not scoring enough goals in the CL qualifiers.

Take Dembele's contradiction about not liking liars, then proceeding to lie on Twitter. Nothing to do with football or form.
    I mean we just punted a guy who couldn't score against Hamilton for £19.8 million. Somehow it's a disaster.

It'll remain that way until the game's by tomorrow. In which case the crisis chat gets ramped up, or quitens down. Will there be a crisis at Sevco if they get humped? Of course not.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    * all will happen in January, we've seen this movie a zillion times before, we had all summer to get things in place, a 31 year old who plyed his trade last season for Kilmarnock and a loan CB, Daniel Arzani who looks like being another Lord Lucan signing lol, young Lewis Morgan is injured, there's a surprise he's hardly kicked a baw for us.

We've banked millions from the last 2 seasons but it's clear the Board have zero ambition because we are going back the way, the strain of it all is etched on Brendan's face, it's been a complete and utter farce !

19. TheHappyLoss

Aye but what about the new pitch? It's lovely so it is

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Why thank you.