1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Dembele

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Sean Daleer, Jun 28, 2016.

Discuss Moussa Dembele in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

We could get him cheaper than that surely?

2. Keano88

If that’s the bid then it should be rejected.

£20m should be the minimum.

3. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Agree £20m+ , they got £33m for Mariano

Seosamh Máirtín and Keano88 like this.
  4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I really don’t get them allowing Dembele to talk to Lyon with even agreeing a fee, it all seems totally * backwards to me.

Xatraps and neilly1987 like this.
  5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

must have agreed a fee

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye and they only bought him for £8 million, he’s hardly ran amok there either. So that’s a huge mark up yet we have to take £15 million.

neilly1987 likes this.
  7. Keano88

Aye.

Agreeing personal terms before a fee is agreed seems odd.

neilly1987 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Not according to reports I’ve read, saying Dembele has basically agreed personal terms but Lyon still to reach a deal with Celtic.

9. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Celtic must find Moussa Dembele replacement before £20m-plus striker is sold insists Brendan Rodgers
    The Parkhead boss completely understands the striker’s temptation to explore as Lyon and Marseille hover.

Brendan Rodgers has admitted he 100 per cent understands Moussa Dembele ’s temptation to quit Celtic as Lyon prepare to lodge a £20million-plus bid to land the striker.

The manager and the Frenchman held key talks after the Ligue 1 giants jumped ahead of fellow French side Marseille in the race for the 22-year-old by making an enquiry.

Dembele was excused from training this morning to join his representatives in a meeting with Parkhead chief executive Peter Lawwell to discuss his future.

Celtic do not want to sell but, having spent two years in Glasgow, the striker is hugely interested in a massive move back to his homeland.

Lyon can offer an instant return to the group stage of the Champions League and also enhance the attacker’s chances of breaking into the senior squad for world champions France.

Rodgers admits the timing of the move is not ideal for Celtic with just two days remaining in the window to source a replacement, but has no gripes with Dembele taking a serious look at the next step up his career ladder.

He said: “I had a long chat with him on Tuesday night.

“We don’t want to lose Moussa. We make that known as well, but it’s something that has come up and he and his representatives have asked to explore that, which is natural.

“I think that it’s a really difficult situation because he’s a very talented player.

“We’ve got a couple of groups here. Now this is a cycle that probably comes on to Celtic every few years.

“So Moussa’s situation is, he came in here for £385,000 to develop and improve and become a better player.

“And then, naturally, while he’s not from these shores, he can love the club and look to make the next step in his career.

“It was always going to come at some point, so it’s one I absolutely understand 100 per cent.

“The whole sort of plan that I’d spoken with Moussa a couple of years ago, I understand why he might be thinking of the possibility of moving on.

“It was always in the thought. The boy’s been brilliant in his time here for me. Committed, absolutely first class, it’s never been an issue.

“So how it will evolve over the next three days, I’m unsure. But we’ll deal with it.”

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas confirmed the move and said: “We got in touch with him, he’s interested.”

However, Rodgers says he must find a striker to assist Odsonne Edouard and Leigh Griffiths and compensate a Dembele departure with the Frenchman’s future now hanging in the balance.

The manager, who are likely to be without Dembele for tonight’s Europa League tie against FK Suduva as the club deal with the transfer situation, added: “Of course, there’s also the timing for the club.

“It’s only three days before the end of the window and the club has to deal with something like this now.

“So there’s a lot to take in, but you certainly can’t let your top striker move on without even having anyone to come in and replace.

“I thought I could work with two strikers in my first season here. With the number of games and competitions we wanted to be in, that proved to be very difficult. So we need three strikers.”

Rodgers confessed that, as he assessed other areas of the pitch, striker wasn’t a position that had been identified as a priority previous to Lyon’s interest.

He said: “No, it wasn’t. There’s areas of the pitch where we’re strong and that’s an are we’re very strong in, especially with Odsonne Edouard now coming back.

“So, it wasn’t one we were looking at.

“It’s case of pulling together something at this short notice to see what is available.”

10. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I've lost all remaining faith I had in our transfer dealings now. Genuinely at this point I will not be surprised if Dembele leaves for 15m or less and we do not bring anyone else in.

Seems unfathomable but it's the likeliest scenario in my opinion.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  11. Jeremie Frimpong

Welcome to Celtic.

12. oh bhoy

What other club sells their best players , in the last days of a transfer window ,shambles!! This board has taken us in wrong direction for far too long

Dalbeth3 likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley

yup, if the search for a decent CB is anything to go by wonder if Lyon could come back circa summer 2020!!!

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    ‘Haven’t been looking because that’s an area of the pitch where we are strong’

Jesus Christ.

Xatraps, Seán Mac D and Keano88 like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Happy days.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Noticed that.

That is seriously worrying.

18. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    “It’s case of pulling together something at this short notice to see what is available.”

sounds promising

so we hadn't conceived anyone might bid for our most saleable asset

have the scouting team been concentrating their efforts on our problem positions?

kinda begs the question...

what the * are we playing at?

Jeremie Frimpong and Mr Shelby like this.
  19. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    If only we'd signed Mcginn, got Boyata to * and a half decent CB in, got a decent RB, got a decent striker lined up to replace him, got into the CL then this wouldn't seem like the mother of all * transfer windows!!!!!......just bad luck really, innit???:fear:

anyway never mind lads..............D.I.S.C.O :36::party048::party22:

20. themouth1888

Its 100% that Solanke boy we are getting in on loan