1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Dembele

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Sean Daleer, Jun 28, 2016.

Discuss Moussa Dembele in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Edouard?

Gyp Rosetti and MarcyBhoy like this.
  2. ddub11

Hope he doesnt get * off ,when nothing happens!

3. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    We will probably be lining up a 5.5mill bid for Connor Sammon or something.

ladbroke8 likes this.
  4. Tony.

Fav Celtic Player:
    George Connelly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA.
    I’m of the opinion that in life you play fair with people and you hope for likewise in return.
    If you are one of the heid yins like Lawwell you have to be ruthless at times but in that respect you also must realise that if you have a decent manager like Brendan then you play fair too,you don’t leave the fella in the position he’s in now with over 36 hours left and struggling for replacements.
    There’s no doubt in my mind that Brendan has targeted players and has been let down by the budget he’s had,that’s totally wrong imo and we can only hope any future deals are done at the start and not at the end of it.
    What people might forget is this,if the board and PL in particular continue in this manner after Brendan leaves then it may just stop other potential top managers from joining us,let’s hope it’s a lesson learnt.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    To be fair it looks like we're willing to keep boyata despite literally skipping our most important matches of the season.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  6. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yeah i agree the managers don't trust the scott alans, the ryan christies, the majority of scottish or irish signings, or even most of the youths even promising ones so whats the point in having a big squad with all these characters in it if they have no chance of playing

were gonna have the healthiest bank balance in football world record award the way we are going

7. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Brendan Rodgers has warned that Celtic’s prospects of success this season will be seriously undermined if Moussa Dembele is sold without a replacement striker being signed before the transfer window closes.

Dembele missed training with the Scottish champions yesterday as his agents opened talks with Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell over a potential £15 million move to Lyon.

The French club have confirmed their interest in Dembele as they seek a replacement for front man Mariano Diaz who is on the verge of a £21 million return to Real Madrid. In a quote posted on the club’s official Twitter account, president Jean-Michel Aulas said: “We are interested in Dembele. We got in touch with him, he’s interested. It’s a possible path, but there are others.”

Celtic manager Rodgers admits the possible departure of Dembele at such a late stage of the summer transfer window has left him in a “difficult situation” ahead of tonight’s Europa League play-off round, second leg meeting with Suduva in Glasgow and Sunday’s first Old Firm showdown of the campaign.

Rodgers insists he cannot afford to emerge from the closure of the window with only two recognised first team strikers at his disposal in Odsonne Edouard and Leigh Griffiths.

“I thought I could work with two strikers in my first season here,” said Rodgers. “But with the number of games and competitions we want to be in, that proved to be very difficult. So we need three strikers. So how it will evolve over the next three days, I’m unsure.

“It’s a case of pulling together something at this short notice to see what is available. It wasn’t an area of the pitch we were looking at because it’s one we are very strong in as it stands.

“It’s only three days before the end of the window and the club now have to deal with something like this now. So there’s a lot to take in, but you certainly can’t let your top striker move on without even having anyone to come in and replace him.”

Dembele joined Celtic from Fulham in the summer of 2016 and, despite spells when he has been sidelined by injury, has been a successful and prolific member of Rodgers’ double-treble winning squad.

The French under-21 international has scored 51 goals in 94 appearances for Celtic who turned down a £12 million bid for him from English Premier League side Brighton in the January transfer window this year.

Dembele has two years remaining on his contract but it’s believed there has always been an understanding Celtic would allow him to move on at this stage of his development if the right offer came along.

“It’s a really difficult situation because he’s a very talented player,” added Rodgers.

“He came in here for £385,000, to develop and improve, to become a better player. While he’s not from these shores, he can still love the club and look to make the next step in his career. It was always going to come at some point.

“The last couple of years, there’s been lots of speculation around it but nothing concrete. So it’s one I absolutely understand 100 per cent. The whole sort of plan that I’d spoken about with Moussa a couple of years ago, I understand why he might be thinking of the possibility of moving on. It was always in the thoughts.”

Dembele is now unlikely to feature for Celtic against Suduva tonight as Rodgers’ side, level at 1-1 after the first leg in Lithuania last week, look to secure their place in tomorrow’s Europa League group- stage draw.

“We’ll have to wait and see how he is,” added Rodgers. “The boy has been brilliant for me in my time here. But what I have to ensure is that when the player pulls on the shirt, there’s a total commitment to performing. If there’s not, then it’s understandable, especially if there’s speculation around it.”

8. h0tsh0t87

Celtic never signed some decent defenders despite everyone knowing that its a area we were struggling in as a result we get put out of the champions league

As we are out of the champions league celtic have lost out on a lot of money which means in my opinion we are selling dembele to make up some of that money.

Do you think if we qualified for the champions league that celtic would have sold dembele I dont beleive so but if they did it would have been for a lot more than the 15-20 mil quoted.

We have griffiths and eduard but if they get injured who is there back up christie or morgan ?

Were is the money that was made over the past few years gone ? can anyone explain

Tony. likes this.
  9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    There are none so blind as those who will not see.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC yesterday granted Moussa Dembele and his representatives permission to speak to Lyon, the French club who have contacted them about the striker, following talks at Parkhead.

Brendan Rodgers stressed that he is keen to keep Dembele, who is unlikely to be involved in the second leg of the Europa League match against Suduva at Celtic Park tonight due to the uncertainty surrounding his future, in Glasgow.

However, Rodgers admitted he could understand the player’s desire to move on and test himself abroad after two seasons in this country amid reports that Lyon are preparing to make a £15 million bid.

But he revealed that he would have to strengthen up front before the 22-year-old is allowed to depart as he would only be left with Odsonne Edouard and Leigh Griffiths when the transfer window closes tomorrow night.

“Moussa, with his representatives, was at the club today speaking on the situation that has evolved in the last few days so he didn’t train,” said Rodgers.

“Now this is a cycle that probably comes on to Celtic every few years. So Moussa’s situation is, he came in here for £385,000, to develop and improve and become a better player. And then naturally he can look to make the next step in his career. It was always going to come at some point.

“So it’s one I absolutely understand 100 per cent. The whole sort of plan that I’d spoken with Moussa a couple of years ago, understand why he might be thinking of the possibility of moving on. It was always in the thoughts.

“We don’t want to lose Moussa. We make that known as well. He’s not one we want to lose, but it’s something that has come up and he and his representatives have asked to explore that. Which is natural.

“I’ve heard, I’ve read, I’ve seen about at least 20 clubs (who are reportedly interested in Moussa) for the last two years, of which we’ve had one team who have come to us and asked us to think. We haven’t had, apart from one, amid all the speculation

Even this one here, we haven’t had a concrete offer, but there’s been contact by the club. The club that’s interested to our cub, so tells us they are keen to maybe do something.”

Rodgers added: “There’s also the timing for the club. It’s only three days before the end of the window and the clubs now have to deal with something like this now.

“You certainly can’t let your top striker move on without even having anyone to come in and replace. I thought I could work with two strikers in my first season here. With the number of games and competitions we wanted to be in, that proved to be very difficult. So we need three strikers. How it will evolve over the next three days, I’m unsure. But we’ll deal with it.”

11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    £15 million, away and get *.

Seosamh Máirtín and Keano88 like this.
  12. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

We haven’t learnt, MON, WGSand Lennon we have done it every time under that * Lawwell.

We will end up with another Ronny cause of our board.

Tony. likes this.
  13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

PL ‘Brendan, hush honey hush!’

14. oh bhoy

Won't sell a dud like Boyata and the useless * are falling over themselves to get rid of our best player ,new board members needed! everyone of the * who are overseeing this complete balls up need to get to * out

Lilac Wine and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  15. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

guy was always gonna be going sooner than later, and us signing eduoard and then getting * out the champions league qualifiers rubber stamped it

£15m is low though if we were an english club it would £30m at least

thats what playing in scotland does to us, id be astonished if we didnt see this coming but then again they should have seen boyata

this twisted part of my brain is now coming up with lawell and the board weaking us to make it a better domestic competition this year, and part of me is convinced lol , my heids * :(

Lilac Wine and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  16. Tony.

Fav Celtic Player:
    George Connelly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA.
    Aston Villa have offered to pay £1 million for a year long deal tonight and if they want to buy then it’s up to £7 million extra.

17. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Hard to think of a replacement in such short time , Solanke is a possibility as Brendan wanted him before he was transferred from Chelsea but would be reluctant to deal with Liverpool.

18. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Fair play to Moussa , no hard feelings if he moves to Lyon

But realistically who will we replace him with? Was liking our 3-5-2 sort of formation but will it be another loan like Eddy?? We surely must have a shortlist of players in each position we are aware off??

19. chukie ar la

15 mil would do me + 9 mil for boyata would do me too.

Take the money and move on ffs + Buy a couple of decent defenders ffs too.

* is all this stalling about.

20. Da-HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny Fergus McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Foggy Dew
    Dear Olympic Lyonnais this is Moussa Dembele and he is yours for £25million.
    [​IMG]