1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. m8ybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail the Celts are here
    BR does indeed look a broken man...

I remember some member replied to my post about getting McGinn in ASAP, no messing about, by calling me some stupid name.

The facts show that BR wanted him, Broony sang his praises and saw him as a potential heir apparent, yet he slipped away all because Celtic * about.

He was at Villa when he got a phone call from Celtic, inviting him for talks. Match the wage he said, Celtic wouldn’t. Bye bye he said. Who can blame him.

Twice they let that boy down. Their actions twice showed that they didn’t want him bad enough. Relying on his affection for the club far too much.

Now take that news back to BR and Broony and tell me it didn’t affect them both. Both starting to think, well how serious are the club about our ambitions? Where is the cash we just made them?

I believe that failure was the crack that has led to this sorry state of affairs. I suspect BR has lost faith in the board and indeed, any trust in them to bring him what he wants. He deserves what he wants. Christ, he didn’t seem to ask for much!! After all he has delivered, this is how they have treated him.

Players see a change in a manager, pick up the less positive vibes and it has definitely shown on the park.

BRs latest comments sound like an ultimatum. Over to you board, and no more * about!!!

sabzz1888 and greengrocer like this.
  2. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Slag him all you want but the man epitomizes what a Celtic manager should be. Keeps football in perspective. He’s not perfect, but he gives his all to the club and the community (and delivered a double treble if you forgot). Message to the board; Give this man the backing he deserves. 8203589D-F058-47EE-BE26-1BA776F338E2.png

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Mugged off time and again by a player who wants away, then plays him?

Player's must be sitting in the dressing room embarrassed for Brendan. Honestly a way to lose the dressing room..

Gyp Rosetti and Free the Adblock like this.
  4. dmccourt95

Boyata playing is on Rodgers and browns heads now

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Birthday caird pish

Kidding. I agree. But he still.needs to give us 2 centre halfs.

Artorias likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR:You always hope to get more goals which would’ve decided the game a bit earlier. It wasn’t to be, but we take the goal, the clean sheet, and we were happy with the three points."

BR: “It was a good win for us on the back of a European game. I give big credit to the players as it’s never easy.

BR: "Hamilton are very well organised and I’ve seen that in the last couple of years here. They defend strongly, have fit players that move well and deny you a lot of space in the game, so we knew we were going to have to be patient."

BR: “We created opportunities but never quite took them and eventually made the breakthrough. Apart from the first 20 seconds we didn’t give away anything, and defensively we looked solid and tight."

BR on his decision to select, Dedryck Boyata, scorer of the winning goal: “It was pretty easy because of what he showed today - he cruised the game as he’s a top-class player, and we’re not a squad who can do without a player of that quality

BR: "He made his commitment to the team and he was there for his team-mates today. It was ironic that he got the goal. Everything he did was superb and it was great to have him back in here.

BR: “It’s not been an easy time for us all in relation to that matter. When we came back from the European game, we had a couple of days where we spoke a lot and knew it was a watershed moment."

BR: "We knew had to go one of two ways, and the players and staff all came out knowing what direction we wanted to go in. From that, everyone was very focused on having another great season."

BR: "It was great for him to get the goal. He’s an outstanding footballer, for me, and it was good to have him out there with his team-mates.”

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. shieldsybhoy

Anyone Brendan bashing needs to have their skull checked, and if nothing medically wrong - just * off and support Partick or something.

Man has brought back to back trebles to us with one of the most historic seasons ever and will bring us 10 in a row.

ChrisMoh, Belgian_lad, chiefo and 2 others like this.
  9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Have you seen our defence for his tenure, yes the first season was superb. But the some of the displays last season were * honking, and that’s without counting Europe.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56: :56: :56:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  11. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I think Brendan has shown himself to be pure class and the complete opposite of Boyata through all of this. We've had two amazing season under BR and if it wasn't for Boyata we'd likely be on the verge of our 3rd successive CL qualification with everycunt getting excited for another season.

Now Boyatas * all that, made Brendan look a plum, and got folk moaning and booing at our games. But Brendan doesn't show anger or spit the dummy out, he just gets on with the job and does whats best for the team. Its like Jesus kissing judas and saying he forgives him. Brendan is loyal to the end, even if its to his own detriment.

These players are lucky to have a manager like Brendan and they should never forget that.

Doogs. likes this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I agree he's taken Brendan's loyalty and used it against him. That isn't his fault..

What is his fault is having zero backup options in the squad or targets from his staff, as well as having an inkling or ultimatum with Boyata about what his plan's must've been..

It's an absolute slap in the face to a guy who has been nothing but great to Boyata and his career..

Bringing him back in after he's sat out 3 game's, 1 after 2 game's where we were knocked out of the Champion's League qualifiers and then trained and declared his self unfit for the Europa...is just ripping the * out of it and unfortunately, it shows a weak spot in Brendan now in my opinion that he'll let a player so blatantly take the * out of him..

m8ybhoy and Avatar Daizen like this.
  13. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Can’t see how you can quantify that from a few dissenting posts that are negative about his team selection or certain tactics. This happens at every team with fans. Even under 18 teams. Lawwell has rode a fair few storms. One was the criticism of fans after Dundeegate. The banning of GB because of Motherwell when it was a bunch of coked up kids from from SMV. The board gets its share of flack. The only negativity with BR is getting the players to perform to their best standard when selected. Show me a strong hint of dissatisfaction of BR particularly and wanting of Brendan out the door and I may change my opinion.

Random Review likes this.
  14. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    That make him perfect and immune to criticism aye?

15. shieldsybhoy

No but there are people calling for his head - he has won every domestic trophy he has entered and its only 3 games into the season. We won't get as high profile or as competent a manager in my lifetime after he goes.

16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I thought that after O’Neil but we did.

Now I’m not saying for one minute to get rid but no one is bigger than the club.

Rodgers is getting stuck because It’s due to his stubbornness with formations and tactics and the way our defence is.

Praise him when he is doing well, we all will but he will also be judged when he is messing things up as well.

He won’t bring us the 10 we don’t bring quality in this window.

17. shieldsybhoy

Give me one reason for any of us not to trust him?

PS Brendan had a far superior CV to MON at the time of hiring. In terms of high profile/caliber of manager, its much more likely we will get someone of MON's ilk than Brendan's.

Doogs. likes this.
  18. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Not sure about that. Was Brendans first major honour no the Scottish League cup ?

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The fact that he still overlooks and refuses to play Musonda, despite us struggling in the final 3rd.

20. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    There’s a whole Thread on here even called ‘Criticism of Peter Lawwell’. :56:
    In fact most of us started on about him and the board long before Brendan so what the * you are toking I don’t know.

P.S why do you keep coming back here with the same pish on every new account?
    Use your imagination ffs.