1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Everton have been a shambles since Moyes left with, what 8 managers? I like Everton as a club and if they offered £35m then we would take it, defo(£25 is the figure banded tho).. but in footballing terms he can do better, no doubt..

ScouseHoops, richardm and Marie like this.
  2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

* the money. Weve near £40m in the bank we wont reinvest. Hes staying and thats it. World record fee? Nah * off. Hes ours.

Liam Scales and Marie like this.
  3. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    KT here for ten TREBLES IN A ROW

johnboy19 and Marie like this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The thing is in the EPL club’s eyes KT is untested at the highest level, yes we know how good he is, but will a club down there pay £30m + for a Scottish based player, I’m unsure.. although £30m is becoming the price for mediocre players now..

Robertson in their eyes at least cut his teeth at Hull before getting his move..

And as long as they don’t bid what he’s worth all the better for us..

ScouseHoops likes this.
  5. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What’s going on at that powerhouse of world football AFC Bournemouth, has their interest cooled on gods full back or are they now targeting Marcelo and Jordi Alba to grace the temple of football they for some reason call the “Vitality” Stadium :56:

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Noticed how when asked about an unhappy, injury prone centre half being sold in Jozo.....no long winded waffle and no interested in selling him..

KT however.......went on in detail about him again..

Odd? Aye..

Invited and knew the headlines would be printed and the questions wouldn't go away..

7. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Oh don't me wrong pal I am always telling my Man Utd mate he is good enough for them and he reckons they would love him there

Just saying we are another level to Southampton. It's sad we won't see KTs peak but there you are. Will the pull of 10IAR keep him here and then after that being captain? Not sure. Like I said seen it all before with Rooney, Rodwell, Stones,Barkley.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

My honest instant reaction on reading BRs comments on KT, was the PLC was getting ready to cash in..

9. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Exactly. See £30m Michael Keane at Everton who in one season went from winning the most headers in the league for Burnley to having a shocker at Everton.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Hes not going to Everton.

11. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

This.
    While the board may accept an offer for KT, all he needs to do is say - No, and that's that. This talk of KT being, potentially, forced to go by the Club is embarrassing tbh - slavery was outlawed :giggle1: - IF he leaves it will be his choice, it's as simple as that.

My own opinion is he will be staying, as for everton gies peace ffs :giggle1:

Valhalla and johnboy19 like this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye, could be..

No necessarily to Everton, but drumming up interest across the board..

I remember plenty of us laughing at that Keane transfer..

If anything summed up the EPL's scatter gun approach to signings, 30 mill for that mediocre player at best, was it..

No doubt Tarkowski, Mawson and Lascelles are in the minimum 30 mill category now..

The kinda transfers that have people * waving about how big they are. We can spend 30 mill on a garbage centre half like it's loose change. Totally missing the point that it's a complete and utter robbery..

No wonder I hear all the time from fan's of club's that the game's a bogey here now and totally alien/unrelatable to the punter..

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Nah theres a difference of "we have accepted an offer for you" and then moving. Thats being pushed out imo. He could say no, but he wouldn't feel wanted imo. "Youve accepted to sell me even though you no id stay forever?" "Fine * you lawell"

14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Last time I looked Lawwell doesn't pick the team. IF he is happy here he'll stay.

15. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    I want KT to stay at Celtic for his entire career but ............

Everton is the ideal club, if KT is going to play in England.

A traditional club, founder member of the Football League, whose values and traditions are beyond reproach. They have always strived to do things the right way, and off the field have succeeded. If Celtic values were transposed into English football, Everton would be the closest fit. Unfortunately, this desire to do the right thing has meant they have fallen behind Utd, City, Chelsea etc in Sky's "Greed is Good Premier League".

For example, they reacted quickly to the Hillsborough Disaster and financed the change to an all seater stadium with their own money (3 sides of the ground were converted within 2 years, at the club's own expense. Only the 4th side was built with the aid of grants). All other clubs, including Liverpool, waited until the changes could be financed by others, and so Everton struggled to keep up financially with the "Big Boys".

However, now with a new owner, and plans for a new stadium in place, Everton are poised to return to their glory days on the pitch (remember they are still the 4th most successful club in English football history, despite not having won the Championship for over 30 years).

If KT were to leave Celtic, then Everton is the only English club he should consider.

Lilac Wine and ScouseHoops like this.
  16. dmccourt95

See the fannies on social media weighing in with Celtic won’t get x amount for Tierney as he’s unproven down south or he’s no that good pish, so * if they don’t pay what we want they can go spend it on some other * player from England and we will still have KT

17. Icicle

I think he'll only have a decision to make if a top team comes in for him, can't see him wanting to go to Everton, Atlético Madrid would be harder to turn down if they came in for him.

18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    It wouldn't surprise me if a top 4 EPL club made a serious bid for KT.

19. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'd love him to stay, but you know in all honesty if I had the option of one to leave and one to stay for his career out of Griff and KT I'd honestly take Griff.

Goals win games, yes I know about defences, but really is KT a better defender than Griff is a striker, personally no for me.

I had Danny Mc as the only Celt for me who would get in a World XI, but I'd stil opt for Henke out a choice.

20. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Spurs now linked.