1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    hes here for the 10 troops relax , DD said the same about brendan when arsenal were looking at him and also BR said the same about Moussa in january , slow news days the now

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  2. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I would be gutted because not since Tommy Burns have I seen a player who embodies everything about Celtic. I can see him in every team photograph since 1888 and he wouldn't look out of place and his attitude to playing is everything we want a Celtic player to be.

I can't remember anyone near enough becoming a club legend in 3 years, it's incredible and the fans love it and he really gets everyone going with his determination and desire to get up and down the wing, creating chancing up front to thou shalt not pass challenges in defence.

I know money does mean a lot to people now because it's not just for them, young players will be thinking of their whole family and what such money could mean to them so it's not always greed. If I came into a lot of money I've got like 40 relatives to share it with. You don't want to be living a totally different lifestyle financially, you want to meet somewhere in the middle where everyone's happy.

I would just feel deeply saddened if he went to a team like Everton. They are almost the complete opposite of what KT represents on the field, quite happy to just compete hopefully for a Europa place at best. He has to move to a CL challenging club iwhen he moves.

We always knew he was going to leave one day but I was hoping it would be when he's 23/24 and with European experience big clubs would definitely come in with big offers.

I don't even care so much about the money although this time I want what he's worth and not just be a cash cow for mid table EPL clubs plus we'd need quite a bit to get anywhere near replacing him.

Mostly, I want to see him move up in the football world not down.

packybhoy likes this.
  3. freitassen

The worst about this threat of "move to Everton or you will end up like John Kennedy" is that it is bollocks.

Even John Kennedy still has a job at Celtic. In the case KT has a career ending injury, he will be paid by us to sit at home playing FIFA for six years. Then he probably has some type of insurance. Then he can become a pundit, a coach, study to be a doctor like Ajer, invest in a business, whatever. It's not as if his family depended on him playing for a mid table EPL club. The likelihood of him getting injured here and there is the same. Is Brendan Rodgers earning commissions on player sales to cheer so much for one of our best players leaving? If yes, can he be a bit smarter and keep his mouth shut?

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's more like top 5 than a top 10 or 15..

How many out of.... Shaw, Bertrand, Daniels, Baines, Davies, Robertson, Cresswell, Douglas, Ward, Dummett, Monreal, Bony, Van Aanholt, Malone, Bennett, Chilwell, Holebas, Sessengon, Alonso, Mendy, would dislodge KT long term?

I don't think hardly any, and I rate some on there. Sessengon for example is a quality wee player..

That is currently the EPL left backs. Any I've forgotten, fire in..

5. freitassen

We replaced Van Dijk by Boyata and Jozo. Ajer was supposed to be a CM. And LBs on the level of Kieran Tierney are rarer than CBs on the level of Van Dijk. Furthermore he is the most experienced (it sounds like madness to say a 21 yr old is experienced but he is) and skilled part of a not so good defence. Already taking the emotional aspect aside, he is as close of irreplaceable as one can be.

6. horseshoe

He's not going anywhere.

HE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

Lilac Wine likes this.
  7. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Brendan's talking about replacing Armstrong and Roberts with real quality for a start, And the papers go with a flyer Tierney for the off.

8. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I wonder if Brendan is working on several deals and hitting brick walls because off fee’s.

The thinking could be, and only theory here guys, but thinking could be to ignite a bidding war for KT and get 30m.

This will enable him to sign say the 3 players he wants plus the replacement of KT.

Furthermore along with VVD we are setting the bar for fees we expect for our top players. As stated Robinson form and value for Liverpool will also create a benchmark for KT with big clubs more willing to fork out on the back of that for a Scottish left highly regarded.

The fact we got 7-8m for a player in last year of his contract that’s not a certain starter shows you that EPL clubs are finally willing to pay the going rate

Velvet Bollok and Lilac Wine like this.
  9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Little of both for me. He can wait for a bigger club. He can wait 3 more seasons winning 10 in a row and still only be 24.
    Regards to Rodgers, treat your players right. Don't make them feel like prisoners. He is doing it right

10. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    seeing that list has convinced me he's top 5 now :fear:

I'd say that Trippier, Davies, Rose mendy and maybe Robertson are better

Lilac Wine likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Trippier is a right back..

Davies is a left back who keeps out Rose now. Rose seems to have regressed after injury..

Mendy is a very good player..

Robertson has been exceptional but I still feel, KT is the much better defender and all round left back. Probably will only be proven when he's playing for 1 of the best side's down here..

Valhalla likes this.
  12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Ideally I’d love KT here for another 2/3 seasons but if the board decides to cash in there is not much we can do. I do have problems with certain aspects of the board. I hate the Tory set anywhere near our club. But I do trust them with our finances and they have not let us down when selling our assets. So as long as our best interests are at heart I’ll be prepared for what’s on the menu.

13. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    Rose is an awful player mate. KT is a million times better.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Too cheap, not big enough, genuinely can’t see him leaving until the 10 is wrapped and even then it will destroy him to leave here.

He’s like you and I.

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It would seem the perfect time to leave.. after the 10 is done..

However, if he’s being advised by agents, PL and even our own manager that it would be good for both him and the club, it’s by no means an easy decision, think his parents may have a big say too..

But aye, Everton are not that club.

16. dmccourt95

If any clubs first bid is 25 mill lawell will get another 10 out them

17. Samurai Bhoy

People are talking as if this is actually a possibility.
    KT is going nowhere, Pistol Pete will have to drag him out by the ankles kicking and screaming.
    He’ll be standing right next to Broony lifting the cup on 10-in a row day in May 2021.
    Broony will hand over captaincy to KT after that season and he’ll go on captain Celtic to 15-in a row!

stew37, LectersLuncheon and seanm like this.
  18. seanm

agreed even if 50 million was offered for KT you would quite literall have to drag him kicking and screaming from parkhead. he gets us. he's one of us . he is a fan. going nowhere and i wouldnt want him too.HH.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  19. seanm

agreed mate no tory good or bad should be within smelling distance of our club. they stand for everything we hate and why they are there while our fans are donating to local foodbanks is a * disgrace.HH.

freitassen and packybhoy like this.
  20. seanm