1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikael Lustig

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Mar 3, 2012.

Discuss Mikael Lustig in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Weak link in what respect? I think people make things up in their head sometimes.

The Huns were at no time a threat to us, there was no weak link...

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

There was no weak link yesterday, our performance and their lack of didn't allow that, but he along with 1 or 2 other defenders are the weak links in our game.

Two hairy moments, poor play in the lead up to his booking and the miss kick that nearly looped over Gordon. Otherwise he played well and grew into the game, especially in the later stages when he got forward more.

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He has slowed up. Noticed that during one run where the rangers player breezed by him and done * all :56: otherwise solid enough.

thetic19 likes this.
  5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    On Rangers’ dressing-room delight at drawing Celtic — revealed by Ibrox gaffer Graeme Murty — the Hoops defender said: “I didn’t really react, to be fair.

“But they probably knew they were going to get some extra days off and get an extra holiday — that’s probably why they were cheering!”

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I love him. But with a fully fit squad, I'd say he was our weakest player, so I hope we sell Gamboa and sign an upgrade on Lustig.

7. thetic19

hes the weak link in the squad, does okay but need better

8. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Aye they werent. He turned a harmless ball into an absolute sitter for morelos. Boyata would have been slaughtered for that * up.

9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The timing of this is a bit weird. Like Brother Walrus, I thought he had a good season last year; but there's no denying he started this season below his usual standard and gradually got worse until he really wasn't playing well enough. I don't deny this.

However I want to highlight 2 things:

1) Why harp on about this today? We just had a rampant victory that puts us within 1 game of an incredible double treble and he did OK in this game. What's with the timing? Just chill out and enjoy the moment and you can go back to slagging him next week if he does something wrong.

2) Why assume he's done? It's true his legs might be gone and he may be finished as a starter for us; but there are other possibilities. Maybe his body just can't cope with the mental number of games since Brendan came in, maybe he's carrying a knock (remember we've seen that story before with Broony and Forrest getting pelters and then it turned out they were playing through the pain for us). I don't know; but I trust that Brendan and the medical team do know and will make the right decision on his future accordingly.

Let's just all hope for the best rather than all confidently assert the worst as if we knew for certain.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  10. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I posted mine, before the game started, mate. :50:
    It’s all about opinions, and in mine and many others, Lustig is done and shouldn’t be our starting RB. There’s nothing wrong with thinking that.

Random Review and Jeannie960 like this.
  11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He made 1 mistake in 90 minutes, if that’s the standards you’re qualifying as a weak link then the team is full of them.

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We defo need a RB no doubt about it...

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I didn't see that, mate. Sorry about that.

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yeah, even if he recovers, he's not getting any younger and he doesn't seem the kind to go on until his mid 30's. Gamboa isn't good enough and Ralston may or may not be.

StPauli1916 and JC Anton like this.
  15. JamesLaverty25

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Moravcik, Samaras, Petrov, Sutton, Lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Love how we are still complaining after winning 4-0!

Random Review likes this.
  16. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Free Gamboa :84:

17. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

No worries man.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I don't see anyone complaining. It's a forum, the whole purpose of this site is to voice our opinions on Celtic-related matters. Criticism as long as it is constructive, should not be shut down. If you disagree with someone then take them to task and give your opinion.

I've seen enough evidence this season to show that we need to upgrade in the RB area if we're serious about progressing as a team. A reasonable performance against a poor 'Rangers' team doesn't change that for me. They aren't our benchmark.

If we are satisfied at just being better than them and the rest of Scottish football then we could no doubt get away with Lustig being our RB, if we're serious about doing anything in Europe then we need to be targeting weaknesses in our team and Lustig is undoubtedly one.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  19. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Forget about him also taking a * touch and giving away a silly yellow because he doesn't have the legs to run ?,then sitting on a yellow for 60 minutes. They went up the park maybe 4 times and lustig * up twice, even boyata only made one mistake. I thought he got forward a bit more though at Hampden which is always a plus, hard to slate after a 4-0 win but any half pacey winger in the league will breeze past him and offers little in attack.

Free the Adblock likes this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Well the game is all about improving all the time and looking to strengthen the team when possible.

To me, the most obvious areas we need to improve are right back and centre back. Lustig has been great for us and can still be a very good squad member, but we need better in his position now.

Loses concentration from time to time and his lack of pace is only going to get more noticeable.