1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Hamilton v Celtic, Sunday 8th April, Kick Off 12:30

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jack Torrance, Apr 6, 2018.

Discuss Hamilton v Celtic, Sunday 8th April, Kick Off 12:30 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Teams parking the bus is why we haven't been entertaining and why the most entertaining games have been in Europe, against Aberdeen, Rangers, Hearts and Hibs.

Sometimes these teams will implode and you'll put 3/4/5 past them. It's annoying not having that when it seems like we used to do that a good handful of times a season. But if we are winning I can't complain, because things have been and could be so much worse.

Dalbeth3 likes this.
  2. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Anyone word on the split fixtures

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    @JC Anton, was looking at that and wondering if many years from now there'll be a poster on here called FS Efe.

JC Anton likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye you when Ye become a GM.:56:

Random Review likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yet they still tried and did everything to entertain..

Isn't it obvious. It isnt 1 era. During the majority of era's we've been synonymous with playing good football....."To play football, the Glasgow Celtic way"..

Even in lean year's we did to our detriment at time's..

I won't defend player's that don't deserve it when playing well below par for too many game's and that includes Brendan who persists with picking them..

Today wasn't a 1 off. It's * boring football, is it not?
    It was the same against Dundee. We played well against County but they were rock bottom and only a penalty had us in the lead before the were down to 10 men. We were bullied at Motherwell and before they had a man sent off, they looked the more threatening side and again we struggled against 10 men..

Fine, crack on defending that and pretending 1 nil to the Celtic chants will take off and suffice in the future as no one's bothered as long as we're winning and doing the bare minimum..

I barely heard a peep out the Celtic away end today. I bet they were loving it out there........

I haven't mentioned the huns or what they're doing once in here. I couldn't give a * about how many goals they score, they're * and hardly a benchmark..

I'll celebrate every trophy as it's a great achievement, even when I was unhappy under Ronny. I'm just unhappy by and large with our run of the mill game's that's gone on for a number of month's now..

6. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Am I missing something here ? Is that a bunch of Man City fans laughing at the only guy singing ?

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ultras Celtic Da.

8. The Greenman King of kings

The games you've mentioned we were forced into attacking as those teams actually came and attacked us, not allowing us to sit and pass around the back. Against the bus parking teams we just play right into their hands by our negative as * possession based style of play, how do we expect to break those teams down if we don't even have a go? The team seems scared of attacking incase we give the ball away which we really shouldn't be scared of given the kind of players we have and how * the other teams strikers are.

Nobody expects us to always be destroying these teams 5 and 6 nil but there's no reason why we're not having more of a go at them than we currently are. Of course things could always be worse and yes i do remember the 90s but that was a completely different situation to the one we're in now. I don't think the possibility of things being worse is a reason to accept these * poor performances which have been the norm this season.

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Nobody is “forcing” us to attack. The opportunities are there for us because there is space and the game is more open. Teams going down to ten men * the bed and just don’t want to be embarrassed. I think we’d have been better off if they stayed at 11.

The only reason fans are complaining is because of the standard we set for ourselves last season.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

They didn’t try and do everything to entertain because that wasn’t an option, they did everything to win. Took their chances and won a tough game, our third in a week.

I can completely understand complaining after the draw to Dundee and games we don’t score. But a win is a win, those are the games that are so easy to slip up on. You’ll be entertained next Sunday.

11. jamesfr

Happy with the win of course but I hate the cutting inside all the time we should be hitting the line more are getting crosses in to break thee type of teams down

12. The Greenman King of kings

When teams attack and press it makes it more difficult to play possession football, for us it makes it almost impossible because of our bombscare defence. Agreed it is easier to attack because of the space made available but my point still stands.

Don't agree with your second point at all, any Celtic fan with a shred of sense knows that last season was a one off and will likely never be repeated. Given the ability of the players we have compared to the other teams in the league we should be performing better and being a bit more adventurous, nothing to do with last season at all imo.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

A double treble hasn’t even been done yet and we are on the verge of doing that. Yet we are complaining about an away win. Like I said in another post, if we draw this game I’ve got the pitchfork out too, but we didn’t.

15. The Greenman King of kings

Not complaining about an away win, I'm just saying we should be a bit more adventurous against bus parking teams :50:

16. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    To be fair mate wee teams in the spl tried to park the bus at Celtic park last season but we always broke them down and won convincingly, this season it’s not been happening, a back to back treble is a phenomenal achievement if we do it but the entertainment value from this season and last season is night n day, I never expected it to be as good as last season but as a spectator a lot of games have been murder to watch this season

neilly1987 likes this.
  17. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    Teams parking the bus ain’t a new tactic, nor is it something only this Celtic team has had to contend with.

We are talking about general performance levels, which this season have been poor.

And no, it’s not because of last season, forget about last season that’s done. We are talking about the here and now and that performance today has almost become the norm this season, while we tend to up the performance levels in the bigger games, however we don’t do it often enough.

18. Pogues

I know what your saying, a wins a win, but that was brutal to watch, as has too many games this season. What's frustrating is that we have good players that we know can play good attractive football but it appears they are being coached to take a safety first approach and retain the ball at all costs. Winnings great but the paying fans have got to be entertained as well.

19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That’s fine though I can agree with that, it’s really the complaining about today that’s annoying.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’m a paying fan, so I know how it’s been. I’ve also renewed because seeing us possibly go for the treble again would be unmissable.

Random Review likes this.