1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Hamilton v Celtic, Sunday 8th April, Kick Off 12:30

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jack Torrance, Apr 6, 2018.

Discuss Hamilton v Celtic, Sunday 8th April, Kick Off 12:30 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Huns have scored three more goals than us in the league too.

And we haven't managed to go on a meaningful winning streak at all. I think 4 wins in a row is our season's best. That is shocking.

Yet we're still 13 points clear and well out of sight.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

If you are looking for a stat.. under BR two domestic defeats in total in nearly two season.. and zero at home..

Or would * want to swap for the Huns record of what 7 home defeats? Let’s have a wee bit of reality..

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Today's video stuff

4. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Aye but they have also conceded 17 more than us in the league, and it's our defence that gets ripped by the media all the time.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  5. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Not as bad as it sounds, I'd swap.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Their job is to win a game of football, not entertain.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Nah..

8. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    :37:

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Entertainment is a bonus.

I'll take the three points today and a treble win, the rest of you can grumble about there not being enough tricks and flicks.

10. The Greenman King of kings

Given that most teams we play domestically sit in and park the bus, winning and being entertaining should usually come together for us. Today we were lucky to scrape a win against 10 men but other times this season we haven't been as fortunate, this horrible, complacent, half arsed style of play will lead to us struggling against even the shitest teams in the league.

11. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I dont give a * aboutthe huns , i dont give q * about their stats , their players or there fans we are closing on on a treble, they are closing in on bankruptcy, murty is there for ever they cant afford another manager wearee ahead of them

Valhalla and StPauli1916 like this.
  12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    13 clear and going for another Treble, i know today wasn't great but we've got a lot tae look forward to for the remainder of this season.

Just on the point about entertainment, football is a spectator sport, people pay good money to go and watch their team, there should always be an element of entertainment imo, especially when flair players are on the pitch.

Today was like a training exercise at times, we are still over passing without any real purpose, which is brutal tae watch tbh.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Point me to where I have mentioned anything about wanting tricks and flicks?

A good dominant performance, especially against 10 men after a dismal nil nil at home to Dundee a few day's earlier isn't too much to ask, is it?

If you think individual performances don't matter because we're scraping by is fine, then you're very different to me. In fact you'll be different to Jock and the greatest ever side to wear the hoops and plenty before and after who hammered home the importance of entertaining the fan's as well as winning..

Bring back Ronny..

Pogues and neilly1987 like this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Especially when these side's are at the bottom of our league and shipping goals of comedy value with their defending half the time..

The Greenman likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It already has lead us to that point. It's telling that Griff's goal today came from 1 good ball in and a striker with good movement in the box. That 1 move caused more problems for Accies than the 100's of sideways/backwards passes we must have made in the game.

17. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    You would have been excused for thinking this was a one-off poor game the way some people are making excuses for such a poor performance. Its two in a row where we have struggled to even score goals against the bottom placed teams. Against Ross County we were 1-0 nil up until they went down to 10 men.

Its been like this all season, slow slack build up play. Players taking the safe option every time on the ball. Back and forwards side to side possession for possessions sake. Football is an entertainment sport. Yes winning comes first but its not like we are under any sort of pressure to win as we were 10 points clear with a game in hand and only 6 games to go.

We are still on course for a treble two seasons in a row which would be a remarkable achievement given how many times we have won trebles in the past. Its just been the way we have played which has been so unimaginative.

18. The Greenman King of kings

Aye, I watched the 5-3 game between the huns and Hamilton and 4 of the huns goals came from laughable defending from Hamilton, they made the likes of Boyata and Ambrose look like Maldini and Nesta. I understand our attacking play won't be great every game but we shouldn't be struggling against that shower of *.

neilly1987 and McChiellini.. like this.
  19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Aye, the greatest ever side. I bet teams didn't just pack the box with 11 men against them. Why are you comparing this team to the Lisbon Lions? A team that never entertained me because I wasn't born.

We are not scraping by, today was comfortable and the league is comfortable. Some people really don't know how good they've got it. It's been a * long season for players and fans, I've sat in that stadium freezing and bored thinking about the money coming out my account each month, wondering what the * the is the point in being there.

Despite that and despite some real frustrations at times, I've stuck by the team. I've rarely slagged players unless it's justified, I've stuck up for players when criticism has been unfair. I'm doing that again now when we've just come away with another 3 points after a tough game against a team that doesn't let you play football on a pitch that we aren't fond of.

People in here are actually talking about the manky mob and saying their stats are better... that's what it's come to. Would people rather be watching them every week? Would people rather be in their manky shoes?

Every football fan wants to be entertained, but first and foremost I want my team to win. If you think the players don't want to entertain and are doing this on purpose you're very wrong.

When we win the league and if we win the treble, nobody is going to be talking about a 0-0 draw to Dundee or complain about not being entertained in a win away to Hamilton.

Easter Rd Davie and Dalbeth3 like this.
  20. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    That would be fair if we didnt have the most attacking , creative , dangerous and entertaining squad of players weve had in years being used completely wrong

ladbroke8 likes this.