1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Motherwell Vs Celtic Sunday 18/03/2018 - 14:15 Kickoff

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Mar 12, 2018.

Discuss Motherwell Vs Celtic Sunday 18/03/2018 - 14:15 Kickoff in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Performance regardless it was nice to see armstrong brown paddy rogic scotty and moussa on the park at the same time again

Hammy89 likes this.
  2. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Depends if you have the memory of a goldfish. Do you think it was a long time ago Delia was the manager ?

Hammy89 likes this.
  3. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Let's be honest McInnes will never give us credit, he's to full of himself.
    But I have no idea why he was even a pundit, he has no connection to this game other than him managing in the same league.
    Aye Stubbs does sit on the fence alot, I think Sky sports are scraping the barrel with pundits as most decent ones have went to BT sports.
    The sooner BT take full control of TV rights for Scottish football the better, they actually give a * about our game.

charlietully and Lilac Wine like this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Of course no. He's with a side who can't get anything off us in what 12/13 game's? Pumped in allsorts of finals. Beaten to supposed title race's every year and to top it off is a bitter Hun * :56:

It was buzzard he was on. Would you have Brendan at Accies Sevco or Ross County Aberdeen? Nope..

Stubbs is on BT as well but :31:

5. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

& yet still win by a big margin.

Hammy89 and StPauli1916 like this.
  6. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Aye he's hurting badly, I wish we'd won if only to see the pain in the wee * face again.
    He's a 2 bob manager who's had an easy run at being 2nd for years, he'll get found out in a big job.
    * forgot Stubbs was on BT as well, the poor * choaking for a job :giggle1:.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  7. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Delia didn't win any trebles or qualify for the champions league.

8. Roskopicachu

If you look at the challenge Broony's in control of the ball and took a loose touch but is still first to the ball.
    Kipre lined up and was perfectly set up clear it with his left foot.
    Looks to me like he didn't fancy the challenge on his left and made a fairly bad decision to go in with the right and that was stamp number 1. Stamp number two is hard to see from the angle.
    Stamp number two's not so serious going by opinion, but Broony's right to react just to get the ref's attention. The ref being the ref he's over reacted to the second one and completely missed the first.
    Nobody seemed to pick up on just how late Kipre was in the first place. A bit unlucky but he's went in late and missed the ball and actually looks to have been the sort of situation where if the ref blows for the first foul all the follow on doesn't happen because both players are sort of making the ref look daft. All adds to the value of the game which surely wasn't helped by another ref who thinks a bad challenge is fair play on Rogic, based on the fact he's just been told by everyone he made a mistake sending Kipre off, but the real mistake was not spotting the obvious foul on Brown, because it looked like Brown went in late also, but he didn't. Kipre did. We've seen players taken out in similar types of challenges.
    If the media want to do hit pieces we'll get into it. Kipre went into the tackle in a rather unorthodox manner whcih makes you wonder if he would normally kick the ball that way, lol.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Just a hypothetical silly question, I reckon I would be content enough but if this was Brendan s first season do you think most Celtic fans would be happy with him and the season so far

freitassen and Bertie Cauld like this.
  10. bigozzietam

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
  11. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Yes.

Sydneysider likes this.
  12. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    I would, qualifying for the champions league was a major thing for us especially since we hadn't done so in 2 years. Remember Delias last season we got embarrassed twice by Molde.
    We have drew more games than we would have liked this season but end of the day we have hit every target and are on course for another great season.

13. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I totally agree mate, a think he set such a massive almost impossible standard last year domestically that people are moaning about a more or less 12 points gap which isn't 39 points but is still a big gap

14. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Hats off to Motherwell, even though they were given the advantage of having a man sent off.

15. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

When will we * learn. It will come back to bite us.

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Brendan should have advised Broony to header somecunt so we could also get the advantage of going down to 10.

Lilac Wine and Sydneysider like this.
  17. Crilly Hakuhna matata

I'd like us to play 4 at the back again. dont think we need 3 cb's domestically it slows us down a bit to start a move I think

18. Sween

I dont think it is a fatigue issue but rather a motivational one. Which I think is pretty natural given where they find themselves at the moment.

Last weekend playing with 10 men vs rangers we didnt looked tired. We looked fired up, determined, and fought for every single ball to win the game. Against Aberdeen a few weeks before I dont think we played all that well but we looked like we were up for the battle.

But in general I just dont think our players are pushing themselves 100% against smaller teams when they know there is no real impact whether they drop points or not. I dont even think it is necessarily a conscious think - I think pressure brings a level of performance from people in any profession and without it it is hard to get to 100%. You see it all the time once leagues are won or teams are safe from the drop. In the case of celtic I sense there is a feeling that the league has been secured for a long time.

It isnt great to watch every week but I do get why we lack urgency.

Lilac Wine and Free the Adblock like this.
  19. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    The thing that this result will inspire is more hun chat of 'we're not as good as we think we are'. I don't even know what that actually means.

I think we're as good as a team challenging for the treble... Because we are. Do I think we're invincible? Nah. That was last season. This season we've dominated domestically. Then they'll say how we've been handed our arses in Europe. Our goal was Champions League proper and European football after Christmas. Both objectives met.

I also love the idea that we're obsessed. In other words they're saying 'please don't bully us. It's bad enough watching sevco play football'.

20. Trequartista

I think that by playing a back three and having two wing-backs, we are essentially nullifying the capabilities of the wing-backs.

Forrest is far better as a winger. The wing-backs, to me, seem neither forward nor back. Unless you have the engine and work ethic of Tierney, you’ll struggle to play there and really contribute.