1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The only was we will know if he is worth a punt is to play him a lot more to see what he is truly about.

I would start him next game.

KRS-1888, ScouseHoops, HNTB67 and 3 others like this.
  2. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

There is a high chance Dembele will be off in the summer so it would be between him and Griff.

I am very sceptical that it would take 9m to get him. He is only getting his first taste of first team football with us so we should be able to get him for a lot less than that.

I do realise the fee will be based on potential as well as current ability. Playing first team is another level to youth football which he has obviously done really well at.

PSG have enough money so hopefully they won’t hold out for a fee as high as that. As long as we keep giving him a chance I would hope he would be happy to stay if given the opportunity.

As someone said maybe inserting a buy back clause could seal the deal if a fee couldn’t be agreed.

Early days yet though hopefully he will continue to make the most of the chances he gets.

3. jamieparis

isn't the fee in the contract, meaning well only have the option to purchase at the stated price or not at all?

4. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    100% agree, time is now to see if he will be worth the money or not. For 9m I would expect him to score a hatrick against the huns, knock out Arsenal in the last 32 and finish with 25 goals to his name, over to you Odsonne

ScouseHoops likes this.
  5. SeanyBhooy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Raw sauce

Officer Doofy likes this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Scored a hatrick last league game deserves to keep his place..

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Not sure mate. That’s what has been reported but I would be surprised if we had agreed to such a big fee.

Fair enough if he doesn’t impress then he just goes back but he has impressed when had the chance so the fee could be stumbling block.

I am starting to think they just agreed the 9m because they were just needing a third striker in quickly and they didn’t really think the chances in him joining permanently were high.

Seems strange that we would agree to a 9m for a player who was untested in first team football yet we were reluctant to table a similar bid for Patrick Roberts who was fantastic for us for his 18 month loan spell. I know Man City were reluctant to let him go but we seemed to be taking an age to send a suitable bid through.

ScouseHoops likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ODSONNE Edouard insists that nowhere else in football compares to Paradise when it comes to passion and noise, and he has called on the Hoops faithful to maintain their inspirational backing over the rest of the season.

The 19-year-old French striker scored a hat-trick when Celtic beat Motherwell 5-1 at home in a recent Premiership match, and as Brendan Rodgers’ side prepare to play host to Hamilton Accies on Wednesday night (KO: 7.45pm), Edouard is looking forward to facing the team he scored his first Celtic goal against.

Speaking to the official match programme for the Hamilton game, Edouard said: “Frankly, Celtic Park is the best atmosphere I have experienced in football. The sound is incredible and I hope the supporters continue to stay with us in victory or defeat like they have been doing.

“My first match against Hamilton was very special, obviously, as I made my debut and scored a goal. It’s true that a couple of months have passed since that match, so effectively it’s been a long time because of all the games we play here but when I think back over it, it still feels like last night.

“There is no better debut than scoring, but now it’s just important to keep going and hopefully there are better things to come for me. But the game on Wednesday night will just be like any other game which we will have to work hard to earn a win.

“In the beginning, it was difficult because it was the first time I had been away from France so settling down to a new culture and a new country was quite difficult, but thanks to the help of the whole group – the players, staff and the manager – I feel really settled, I feel at home and I feel comfortable.

“I don’t like to have expectations of somewhere,” continued the French frontman. “I wanted to come here and make my own idea of Celtic. When I arrived everyone was very welcoming, and the group was very warm and allowed me to adapt quickly. Now I feel very good, acclimatised and settled.”

NomDePlum, JC Anton and CalgaryBhoy like this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BRENDAN RODGERS admits Odsonne Edouard’s Celtic future is still in the balance.
    The Parkhead club have first refusal on the on-loan PSG striker.
    But if they want him they’ll need to pay a club record £7million fee — with Rodgers unsure yet about the highly-rated 19-year-old.
    The Celtic boss said: “I will just assess it at the end of the season. I have been impressed and he is getting better each week. There’s no rush. It’s for both sides as well — he might love it with us, he might not.
    “There is no rush to commit on either side now.”
    Rodgers admits being reluctant to bring in a third striker, with Moussa Dembele and Leigh Griffiths both desperate to play.
    He added: “It’s a real tough balancing act. I don’t think you can bring a third striker who is an experienced player.
    “You are looking for a young talent with big potential who knows where he sits in the hierarchy. It has kept Moussa and Leigh fitter than they were last year. The two know they have to be on their toes all of the time.”

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If we sell Dembele, Edouard is the ideal replacement.

Crilly likes this.
  12. James Gold Member Gold Member

I'd be raging if that was the case tbh. Edouard has shown quality in small glimpses then in other games looks like Amido Balde

freederry20 likes this.
  13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I bet you shop at H&M.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Can't say I've thought that.

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Hmm wee bit of propaganda bullshit from Brendan their I think because dembele has not been fitter than last season

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

16. Jeremie Frimpong

Seriously, what the * does that even mean?

Doogs. likes this.
  17. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

The Harald Brattbakk of France :giggle1:

18. Aidan O’Shea

:56:

19. Shane1888

Random thought came into my head regarding a song for Edouard the other day, because we don't have one for him yet as far as I'm aware.

Panic by The Smiths but instead of 'Hang The DJ' it's 'Odsonne Edouard'.

20. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Thought Edouard was three syllables? Assuming Edouard is supposed to line up with “DJ”. Could be wrong but I’ve been saying “Ed-ou-ard”

I do like it though that would make a good chant