1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lewis Morgan

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 5, 2018.

Discuss Lewis Morgan in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sween

It feels like a smart piece of business. Little outlay for a lot of potential upside.

2. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Lewis Morgan 2017/18 stats so far:
    LW - 19 GP - 8 G - 4 A
    RW - 2 GP - 2 G - 2 A
    AM - 5 GP - 3 G - 2 A

2016/17 stats:
    LW - 37 GP - 6 G - 5 A
    RW - 3 GP - 1 G - 1 A
    AM - 2 GP - 1 G

Obviously favours the left side but from the small sample size he is still effective on the right, as well as down the middle. Will be interesting to see where he ends up getting a shot.

Could end up having Forrest/Hayes on the right and Sinclair/Morgan on the left. Not a bad set of wingers in my opinion. (Assuming we don't resign Paddy)

*Forgot about Mikey Johnston as well, but I think he'll be loaned out next season.

northeast67 likes this.
  3. Cmcgregor90

Somebody photoshop him pointing to the badge and make it the middle finger:56:

4. shieldsybhoy

His contract was up in the summer...could we not have signed him on a pre contract and spared ourselves 300k? We've loaned him back anyway so it's not as if he's going to be here.

ScouseHoops likes this.
  5. Da-HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny Fergus McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Foggy Dew
    Just watched his interview, seems an articulate young laddie with some steel about him... welcome kiddo and all the best HH

ScouseHoops and Crilly like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

LEWIS MORGAN is inspired to make it big at Celtic after being branded too small by Rangers in 2013.

Morgan, 21, signed a four-and-a-half-year deal with the Hoops, who have loaned him back to St Mirren for the rest of the season.

The winger, who is 5ft 10ins and weighs just under 12 stone, spent eight years in the academy system at Rangers but they cut him loose when he was 17.

However, Morgan never lost faith in his ability and instead used the rejection as a spur to prove his critics wrong by starring for the Buddies, establishing himself in the Scotland Under-21 squad and earning a £300,000 move to Parkhead.

He said: “The Rangers head of youth at the time (Jimmy Sinclair) didn’t take a fancy to me at all. He put me back a year so I was playing with the younger age groups. Even at that, I was only playing 10 minutes here or there.

“I probably lost a couple of years at that club so I can’t wait to get started at this one, the biggest club.

“Was I too slight? That was probably a factor. One of Rangers’ philosophies was that they wanted the biggest boys in the country at my age. It didn’t really work out for them, to be fair.

“I’ve always used it to motivate me and push me to prove people wrong. It’s got me to here so I’m delighted. Going to a club like St Mirren was great for me. It gave me the chance to kick on again.”

Morgan, who has scored 13 times for Championship leaders St Mirren this season, is adamant he doesn’t bear a grudge against Rangers given how his career has flourished.

The youngster is now firmly focused on the future at Celtic. He will start full-time at Parkhead in the summer and can’t wait to work under manager Brendan Rodgers, who was won over by the player’s pace and trickery over the last 18 months

Morgan added: “He is incredible and I’m looking forward to working with him and his backroom staff.

“You look at his portfolio. He has developed lots of young players who are similar to me. He had a few local lads at Liverpool and it was the same at Swansea.

“He likes to nurture local talent and that was one of the key things for me.”

After deciding Celtic was his best option, Morgan turned down the chance to move to Nottingham Forest – and weeks later Mark Warburton was given the boot as manager.

But the winger explained: “Mark’s departure didn’t really play a part in anything. By the time he was sacked I had already informed Forest this was where I wanted to come.

“As soon as I knew Celtic were interested that was game over.”

8. The Greenman King of kings

Can't say I've seen him play much but I'm completely on board with this one. Always think it's a good idea to pick up the top talent from other Scottish clubs, costs us next to nothing and if they're not good enough we can easily sell them off to another SPL team. We don't want another James Mccarthy situation after all.

9. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Any St Mirren fan I seen on twitter wished him well and thanked him for getting some kind of financial reward for such little time left. I guess us paying the 300k give us first choice on Lewis?!

10. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Seems a good lad.

Looking forward to seeing him next season, hopefully we've found a gem.

11. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    He played against us in the cup game last season and I remember him playing quite well in that one and showed he has pace to burn.

Tommy25 likes this.
  12. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It'll be interesting to take a more interested look at St. Mirren v ICT today to check how our new bhoy gets on.

Hope he has a good game.

13. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

14. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Sounds like he doesn’t have much connection to the Huns anyway, great attitude and speaks well. Hope he makes his way into the team as soon as possible.

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I have a very good feeling about this new boy.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Will he be playing against us if drawn in cups

18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Find it baffling this sudden media concern about Scottish players at Celtic.

Gordon
    Tierney
    Broony
    Forrest
    Armstrong
    Griffiths
    McGregor

All massively important players. That's before you add the likes of Ralston and Johnston who are starting to break through now.

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I know what you mean, mate. I know nothing about him; but I trust Brendan. However age, current level, length of contract... it all suggests a project signing; which is good! We should be making these; but we shouldn't only be making these signings.

I'll be more excited about Morgan when we also get reinforcements in for our EL campaign and the summer's CL qualifiers.

Ideally like to see us get him in for pre-season, let him see how we work and the standards expected, then give him to Lenny to develop for a season at Hibs.

Ha ha that is brilliant! :56:

Yeah, we forget how much money that is to a club that size. Fair play to him for that.

freederry20 and Marty McFly like this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Like the lad already.