1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic v The Manky Mob, 12:00 Sat 30th Dec, Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Dec 26, 2017.

Discuss Celtic v The Manky Mob, 12:00 Sat 30th Dec, Sky Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john2061

since the hearts game teams are using the same tactics and we dont seem to have a plan B ,we went 3-5-2 against Aberdeen and that worked well . so brendan needs to come up with a tactic that will counter that and hopefully we will get three or four new faces in the door .

2. Bonobhoy

24 hours later and im still * fuming over this....Made them look half decent,yes they wanted it more and congratulate them on that,but we were a joke all over the park.

The only positive is that it shows we need to be dire and them at their best for them to only get a draw....and also shows our players up that need punted now.

We had a 25 minute spell in the first half that we looked decent and that was about it...should have scored 3 at least...but they could have scored 3 themselves in the 2nd half.

Rodgers * up this time with the subs.....

But as stated we hopefully get rid of Dembele and Armstrong now....get a young striker that wants to be here and maybe a new young goalkeeper as well.

Kudos to Brown yesterday.....Stunning display sadly let down by the rest.

And what about Mcgregor's shooting.....FFS,him and sinc were brutal

Lilac Wine likes this.
  3. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    That was total *

4. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Was a tired display nothing more. Anyone who suggests we get rid of Armstrong should have a word with themselves. Honestly people on here are radio rental. Winter break has come at a perfect time for the team but onwards and upwards when they return.

In other words calm the fooook dooon.

Easter Rd Davie and seanm like this.
  5. seanm

exactly

6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Canary yellow and green space invaders shirt?

7. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Canary yellow, with green and white trim, CRSmith sponsor & the Centenary badge on it.

Also have the home jersey from that season, but it was one of those retro ones that the Celtic store released a couple of years ago, so there was no sponsor on it.

I do also have the actual one with the CRSmith on it from that season, but as was about 12 at the time, needless to say it didn't fit me anymore, lol. But kept it none the less and many years later took it to a Parramatta Power game when I was living there and was fortunate enough to get Joe Miller to sign that one.

packybhoy likes this.
  8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Have it Taz. Still wear it myself. Got it about 10 years ago on eBay. Mint condition.
    [​IMG]

9. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wasn't that one mate. That's the space invaders. The one I have is just solid canary yellow body with the green and white trim, sponsor and the Centenary badge. This isn't mine but it's like this:

[​IMG]

Lilac Wine, packybhoy and faw cough like this.
  10. truedub1916

Walking to the ground yesterday it was early, freezing. The game was just after Christmas, the last one before a big break
    It just didn’t feel like a Big game to me.
    I wasn’t as up for it as I normally was.
    I can’t explain why, it just happened

That’s not to mean I didn’t want to win more than anything, just that particular morning the fire wasn’t the same as on another day

That can happen
    Just a one off

Lilac Wine and packybhoy like this.
  11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Doesn’t want to commit to us long-term and was utterly woeful yesterday against a dreadful team. Corner kicks are either 50ft in the air were the keeper has all day to see it or can’t beat the first man. If we can get any reasonable sum for him in January I wouldn’t be resisting.

Markybhoy and packybhoy like this.
  12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Right. That was the away shirt from 86-88 I think. Lovely shirt! Would love the original of that!

13. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Armstrong doesn't even want to be here. He'll be sold at the first decent bid and rightly so imo.

* still scunnered with the lot of them, apart from Broony. Made the * look half decent.

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Ajer was immense as well.

15. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Thought the captain and Tierney got pass marks but not many more.

Gordon gives me the * fear every time the ball is at his feet and will someone please just boot Boyata onto London Road? He is rank rotten.

Being outfought by them was the most galling thing of all.

Markybhoy likes this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye being out fought at home was the most sickening part about it..

Completely unacceptable for me. Tired or no. They are completely garbage and ravaged by injuries. We also played half 12 on Tuesday whilst they played Wednesday night..

I know we had enough chances but it still wasn't good enough..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Agreed. Still disgusted with the effort of some. I can accept being outplayed by the better team on the day eg. Hearts recently but to be outfought when at home against that lot is unacceptable. 2nd to everything all day. To be dominated in midfield by a centre mid pairing of Krancjar and a 19 year old centre back is pathetic , however anyone wants to sugarcoat it.

Artorias likes this.
  18. Ak1

Realistically losing only 1 in 73 games is good going, and a sense of perspective has to be kept.

Everybody can see the dip in individual and collective performances lately, but to ignore the sheer volume of games undertaken would be a disservice to all currently involved with first team matters.

Yesterday was the bhoys 37th game since July, and 9th in December. In contrast 'they' have played 27 and 7 in direct comparison.

In my opinion Celtic players were physically and mentally exhausted yesterday, and only pride prevented them from capitulating and defeat.

With 3 weeks to repair aching and fatigued muscles, and time to refocus. 2018 should see an upturn in team and players performances. Back to back trebles is still a possibility!

19. ddub11

Some comments on here regarding individual players are silly,we played * yesterday but our players are not machines they will not play great every single game.
    I think a big factor in yesterdays game was they were more fired up for this one simply because to us they are * and we no longer consider them worthy opponents and where as to them we are a big scalp and there players and fans wanted this badly(they celebrate a draw while we are disappointed says it all)
    This is something i think will be a factor in many games to come against them in the future,they will eventually get closer to us in terms of ability (while not matching us)and i think this will bring out the fight in our players.

On paper we are a much better team than them but yesterday they wanted it more(wrong but i believe thats the way it was)but on a more positive note we will still win the league and maybe more.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep. Sinclair and McGregor are 2 that immediately spring to mind of actively pulling/stepping out of challenges..

Being tired and running on empty is understandable but that doesn't excuse not giving everything in tackles or causally running back when they have the ball..