1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] PSG v CELTIC, UCL, Wed 22/11/17, 1945, BT Sport 3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 18, 2017.

Discuss PSG v CELTIC, UCL, Wed 22/11/17, 1945, BT Sport 3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    be interesting to see who wins Bayern v PSg in Munich

2. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    When we beat teams like Barcelona we had right hard strong box to box players like Wanyama , Ledley and brown niggling away like * at players not giving them a minutes peace, we sickened them , guys like rogic mcgregor in midfield both good players in their own ways but not intimidating in the slightest

3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    To be fair though mate, French league not the greatest standard of league , Monaco the 2nd best team have 2 points in a champions league group with besekitas , Porto and Leipzig and haven't won a game , plus PSg stole aw their best players ,

4. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Think your doing Ligue 1 a great injustice here. Aside from PSG and Monaco there's Lyon, Marseille, Nice who qualified for the EL last 32 tonight as well. Plenty of teams who would give a lot of EPL, La Liga and Bundesliga teams a game. Definitely in the top 5 leagues in Europe and PSG are ripping it apart. So whilst our result was poor and hard to swallow, there's no irreconcilable shame in it. They've been doing it to teams all season in a very good standard of league.

5. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

First real slagging I've got based on a Celtic result in years, shambles.

6. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Exactly. I've had the same thing happen to me. People who have never even heard of Celtic until two days ago have been giving me pelters at work.

ourdaywillcome! likes this.
  7. Markybhoy

The Barcelona team Neil Lennon faced wasn't as good as this PSG team? Can't say I agree with that mate. Plenty of people were of the opinion that the Barca team of that time was perhaps the best club side ever assembled.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Only team I’ve seen that could be up there with the way this PSG team is playing just now is Heynckes Bayern Munich when he won the treble.

That Barca team were incredible but they played in a set way, you could set up to try and counter it, it was * * hard but it was possible to predict and try and do it, few times could and Lenny was one that scalped them. That campaign showed what we need to do in the CL, he was attacking when needed and defensive when needed, pragmatic.

This PSG team though (and the aforementioned Bayern one), I can’t * see a way you can play against them. You get close, sit deep? They pass it too quick, move too fast, too skillfull. Push up? They’re strong and powerful and run in behind with pinpoint passing. You press them they’re calm, they’re fitter.

And sometimes they can just decide to go * long and Cavani is a beast in the air and with his movement. Mbappe is * powerful, Rabiot is powerful.

If they keep up this form then they’re right up there.

I suspect they won’t though, Neymar’s ego will implode the camp.

9. oh bhoy

Football ain't a complicated game and its not like I suggested coffin dodgers take on champions league opponents but professional footballers getting paid tens of thousands every week , with their athletic ability and a bit of tactical nous we could have at the very least made it a lot more difficult for them and make the £100 million men earn their wages

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

So now Brendan has no tactical nous?

Just * off.

11. oh bhoy

When did I say that ??? Im quite clearly talking about the players

12. Mr. Slippyfist

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Stopped reading yer pish after that belter!

13. oh bhoy

You think football is complicated :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

14. Mr. Slippyfist

Oh right.

If it's so easy, why are you sitting on an internet forum talking *, and not managing a team out there to Champions League and domestic success?

KRS-1888, StPauli1916 and Sean Daleer like this.
  15. eddiemcd1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larson
    The truth is: his record in Europe is appalling....it’s getting so embarrassing
    He should have built from the back IMO

16. Caroline1989

qualifying for the cl group stages, 2 years in a row is embarrassing?

how did strachan, lennon, mowbray and deila do in the first qualification attempts...

KRS-1888 and StPauli1916 like this.
  17. Pogues

It's not embarrassing at all mate. We are a big team playing in a small country with a small budget and, as things stand, will never be able to compete with teams like PSG. Our success is getting to the champions league group stages. At times we'll play well and get good results and compete with top teams, other times we'll get humped.Its the way it is and applies to most,if not all, teams playing in the lesser European leagues.

I don't think anyone can blame Rodgers tactics, we could have played any formation and still have got pumped. Their players are all superior to our players and so they should be given what they're paying.

KRS-1888 and StPauli1916 like this.
  18. eddiemcd1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larson

I agree to a point....what’s the use in qualifying if we are going to get embarrassed
    The truth is we are becoming a laughing stock in Europe...it was blatantly obvious at the beginning
    of the season that our defence was weak. If we want to attract players by telling them we play in the champions league
    but get pumped with the bigger teams what’s the point....Rodgers has the worst record “ever” in Europe that’s a fact

When Lenon or strachan were in charge albeit for strachan his first attempt we got beat 5 - 0 we competed with the big teams now we get pumped and as a Celtic fan I’m embarrassed!

ladbroke8 likes this.
  19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Embarrassed? Away tae *.

PSG are "embarrassing" everybody, teams with many times our budget.

* stupid (and these days) typical reaction from spoiled brats who don't know hard times as Celtic supporters.

Try watching us getting humped off Neuchatel Xamax then talk to me about * embarrassing.

The only thing embarrassing is your post.

scootz and StPauli1916 like this.
  20. eddiemcd1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larson

So anybody who disagrees with YOU is a spoilt brat....you GTF.....
    I’m entitled to post what I want