1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sween

Not in terms of multiples it isnt. I remember last year reading that celtics wage budget was something like x8 of aberdeens, and barcas was x8 of celtics. Now PSG may have a bigger budget than Barca but then Aberdeen has the 3rd biggest budget in Scotland. Against the likes of ross county, st johnstone, even motherwell on sunday, we will have individual players playing that are worth more than every player these teams have ever bought or sold.

richardm likes this.
  2. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    When we are doing well I'm certainly not on the forums, that's for sure. So I'm meant to be licking * about Lustig being the best RB the club as ever seen, no thanks. So when we win against Motherwell on Sunday you want me to come on the forums straight after the game type in '* best celtic team ever xx' on the forum? I will do that just for you. It's called constructive criticism, if you're content with our club getting beat 7-1 no matter who by then that's fine.

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That's kind of the idea chief. That's what most of us do.

Why would you not be on the forums when we are doing well? That seems utterly bizarre to me.

4. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Usually can't see the keyboard that well after a few, so I'll have to stop on Sunday just to type my love for the beautiful human being that is Brendan Rodgers

5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Weird how you can always see the keyboard after a defeat though.

richardm and Sean Daleer like this.
  6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I truly believe that.

7. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It was 3 going 9 that night. I was meaning the performances and naive tactics/team selections.

8. Murph-E

In today's Daily Star, by George Mills- not even pretending to hide his seething hatred in this one:

We were * and fully deserve to be slegged off for losing 7-1. Justified a lot of the criticism of Scottish football unfortunately. But this is just petty insults of Rodgers.

9. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Seen another tweet of his too.

It's a recurring theme. Worrying.

11. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We await your undoubted words of wisdom within a few hours of the unbeaten run finally coming to an end, with all due respect to you I hope thats not for a very long time for not just the obvious reason!

12. jamiebhoy67

Nah i agree right but playing domestic teams as oposed to champions league game is different animal the nature of our defeat is allto do with the gulf in finance ans league opposition the calibre of opposition we play week in week out is scary aswell and the players psg have are a different quality to most of other champions league teams they have almost every position drenched in class players at theyre peak to bring on di maria is just madness man

G_portillo likes this.
  13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Pretty dim reply. As if theres only two ways a team can play. Theres a thing called tactics pal. And when you have a team that isnt as good as the opponent then they can come in pretty handy. Most teams deploy them to try and obtain a certain outcome.

In any case, we are clearly learning eh? Let in 7 against Barca last year and then 7 last night. If we continue to ‘learn’ at this pace then we would be as well just “hoofin it into row Z”.

14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I agree also, I just dont think we gave a true account of the potential we can play to given the way we set up.

For the first ten minutes of that match, we competed. We might not have the individual quality they have but as a team we can be a better unit and be harder to beat. Iv not seen a team play an away game as open and expansive as we did last night.

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Isn't winning away from home a pretty big indicator we're learning?

Sean Daleer likes this.
  16. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Well to be honest, to not have conceded 7 goals away from home for the second successive season would be a better indicator.
    As great a performance Anderlecht was, and credit where due, they were just off the back of sacking their manager and were * poor vs us.

You learn more from a defeat than you do from a win. We have let in 12 over two games against PSG. We looked as if we could have conceded another 7 against Bayern Away, however came away with a three nil defeat.
    Its not me that needs convincing. The proof is in the pudding.

17. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Least no big EPL team will come calling anymore.

Silver lining and all that :50:

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Biggie Smalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris commons
    Think he needs to change the way we play when we're against the big boys in europe. What we're doing now is all well and good against spfl teams and the likes of anderlecht in Europe but it just doesn't work against teams with real quality.

If we want to take them on we have to concentrate on not conceding stupid goals first and foremost, then think about scoring, I don't mind us losing to these teams but getting the pish ripped out us nearly every time we play them is * awful to watch and easily preventable.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  20. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    It’s difficult for BR though.
    On the one hand this Celtic team hand out the beatings domestically & the players are very used to this system & style of play. Then come occasional CL games & we are asking them to play a defensive system which bar training, is alien to the players.
    I don’t know the answers, that’s why I’m not a football manager, but I take BR at his word, that he & the players will learn from these defeats.