1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. centenary88

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Collins
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Deluded * all they are just another doped up club and no different to the big names we've competed with before , they bought a Rooney and Ronaldo , who played in a far superior Man utd side which we've competed with before with Caldwell , McManus and McDonald in our teams. This mind set of defeat acceptance is a * shambles , players standing around like petrified statues is a disgrace.

You can bang on about money all you like but the calibre of player is not different , so the problem is elsewhere.

Against Bayern is how it should be v top teams not the cowardly displays showed against PSG.

callumrae1967 likes this.
  2. centenary88

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Collins
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    200 mil for one player just proves inflation , that player is only a Ronaldo , Kaka , Messi , Xavi or Iniesta whom we've competed against with mediocre players.

callumrae1967 likes this.
  3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We used to spend £6m on player, equivalent to £15+ these days. If you think the gaps not bigger, thats deluded.

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He's played 62 times - more than enough to know whether you rate him or not. Wiki is the most unreliable source of stats on the Internet, I can change them right now.

Last season, for a large period, he was immense.

5. centenary88

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Collins
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    It is sheer ignorance to believe Celtic playing * is because of finances.

Must be buying from the EPL if that 6m is now 15m huh?

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Its sheer reality.

7. jamiebhoy67

Mate that was years ago ma did u not read my post in the last 2 years alone football has jumped a long long way

8. jamiebhoy67

That may be true but the financial gulf is wayyyy smaller than us and psg mate u have to admit that

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Eh? That's exactly what it is. Finances is why we are unbeaten in Scotland in 64 games and finances are why we got turned over last night.

PSG have been ripping apart teams on 20x our budget, they never used to rip teams apart like that. I wonder why that could be...?

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Its actually £9.11million based on inflation to last year. But you get the guys point surely?

In 2001 we were spending 6 million, if we moved with inflation alone (and clearly not the football bubble) then really we should be looking at spending 9-10million as an actual possibility. Unless we have seen a slower than inflation increase in income.
    But instead, we are spending around the 2-3million range, with the odd 4million in Sinclair and ntcham.

Rodgers can only spend what the club allows him to, but as it stands there are clearly a lot of players in that backline that aren't of the right quality. And no matter how much training and learning experiences we have, long term boyata, Bitton, gamboa, Gordon certainly are not good enough. Never have shown the ability to be at this level.
    Erik, jozo have shown in flashes. But injuries are a big issue with these two.
    Lustig the same.
    Tierney the only one out of about 11 players that make the cut really.
    Ajer and ralston can be excused due to aye and lack of experience.

He needs to go out and buy a keeper and cb, as a priority.
    Then if any other team member leaves, they need replaced above that.

11. joemc

I posted a long time ago about an issue with our defenders ,at the time rangers were selling defenders for 9 mill and everyone they replaced them with fitted in just as well
    Why couldn't we buy a decent defender ,but I realised it was more down to how we set up that exposed our defence and made them seem a lot worse than they where ,Lennon coming in and playing a bit more cautiously made our defence look stronger and their prices went up when we sold them .
    So yeh we are weak at cb but not as bad as the result last night .

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'm sure he does mate but there isn't much more he can do to make them complete a pass once they cross the white line.

13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I read your post. Irrespective of how long ago it was, it shows that a gulf in finances cannot always be used as an excuse.

PSG play lower French teams every week, teams that we would beat, and they put up a better contest than getting slaughtered 7-1.

Only the other week Girona beat Real Madrid 2-1. As yet this season, no French team has suffered a defeat as heavily as we did last night. And that includes teams like Nantes and Armiens, who id expect us to beat. So this, in perspective, highlights that not our defeat, but the nature of our defeat is inexcusable.

celticfan01 likes this.
  14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I think not trying to outplay a faster and superior opposition deep in our own half, in their home ground might go in helping this cause.

15. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Again of course they have a * tonne of money doesn't mean they should be beating us 7-1 ffs. Saidy Janko's team only lost their 2 months 3-0. * Basel beat Manchester United and Pogba is probably worth 10x what the full Basel team is. Get Lennon in as part time motivator:57:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

OK mate where are you getting those stats from? Regardless for me he hasn't played enough on consistent basis and I'm undecided whether he is the long-term answer.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Yeah we should hoof it into row Z, lose 4-0 instead and learn absolutely nothing.

Random Review likes this.
  18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Transfermarkt, as reliable as you'll get.

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Just had a wee look at your posts there mate. All the way back to September this year.

Can you tell me what it is you get out of following Celtic? You literally do not have one positive post about Celtic on here since the 27th September (that's when I stopped, not when you made a positive post, * knows what the rest are like).

Is it just coincidence that you aren't here when we are doing well or what?

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Cheers had a look on there earlier will have a look when not on my phone.. he's not played anywhere near enough that's a fact! But aye out of him, Boyata and Sviatchenko he does look the best.. just unsure of how good as he hasn't played enough!

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk