1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] PSG v CELTIC, UCL, Wed 22/11/17, 1945, BT Sport 3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 18, 2017.

Discuss PSG v CELTIC, UCL, Wed 22/11/17, 1945, BT Sport 3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SeanBhoy7

Would rather we didn't get into the champions league than get absolutely pumped nearly every game.
    2 new CB's and a GK badly needed to compete at this level. Criminal that we didn't bring in a CB in the summer.
    Worst I've seen Scott Brown he offered nothing, gave the ball away nearly every time he got it.
    The budget argument doesn't wash with me, we went to the last 16 under Strachan twice and Lennon aswell. They knew how to defend and make is hard to beat.
    It's as if BR has learned nothing from the already embarrassing results we've had.
    Lost 10 to Barca last year
    Lost 12 to PSG this year
    Absolute shambles.

trip2themoon and rkid like this.
  2. Keano88

Ah *.

Let's just go out and pump them then!

JC Anton likes this.
  3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Goal difference doesn't matter they could have plus 10 and we could be minus 20, if 2 teams finish on same points it comes down to head to head between they 2 only, so we won 3-0, they have to win by 3 to draw, la liga works the same, but epl and spl is just goal difference alone . So does get wee bit confusing

4. Mr. Slippyfist

Remind me, how many goals did we lose to Juventus by in the last 16 under Lennon?

StPauli1916 likes this.
  5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We are in the driving seat to progress to the EL after Christmas.

I think Brendan is learning just fine.

RabS and JC Anton like this.
  6. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    surely it matters if they win 3-0 ??( which is not going to happen by the way)

ps- i think we're agreeing here!

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Same. I'd love to see them rip an English team apart.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    People saying “rather we wouldn’t get into CL groups” well that holds the club back, it means Dembele and siinclair replaced with Kazim Richards and Alex Tonev type players, means manager will have less funds! Means club as a whole need to stand still! Rather EL what 6pm kick offs in the * end of nowhere and only bottom tier open for 8pm Thursday night kickoffs, home match attendances down cause we are playing 3pm on sundays! Turnover down overall get a grip ffs

9. SeanBhoy7

We still got there.
    It was 7-1 going on 10-1

10. SeanBhoy7

Its still embarrassing

11. Mr. Slippyfist

Well there's yer answer.

So even with a more defensive-minded manager, and a more defensive-minded team, we can still be pumped heavily by some of the best teams in the world?

Glad to know it's not just a Rodgers thing...

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Arsenal lost 10-2 on aggregate against a team who also got pumped off PSG this season!

Anyone that uses this a barometer as to where are on the European stage is off their heads.

We seen where we are right now a few weeks ago in Belgium and we will see again in a couple of weeks.

A pot 4 team finishing third and European football after Christmas. Progres

14. freitassen

And rest assured, too good we are going to the EL but the reason is Anderlecht is a pile of crap. Last season our seed 3 team was the third best team of Germany. Our "improvement" was having more luck at the draw. Last season we got two draws against Man City, the second best team in the group, one of them being against their B team. In fact, looking back at how ungrateful the draw was to us, 7-0 aside there was nothing so bad about our campaign.

I know some people appreciate being positive always but there are no positives to see after this. Anything else than to be really livid and embarrassed at what happened is diminishing the stature of Celtic.

We need a goalkeeper that can actually make saves and a CB better than the ones we have.

15. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Your right mate, Rodgers has been absolutely brilliant for Celtic, and the last year and a half been a roller coaster and a great time to be a Tim ,everyone being waxing lyrical about and still will be but the guys only human and young manager and one of his few failings at present is learning to shut up shop against top European teams , when people say something like that my mates included will call us " the spoilt * brigade", but there's also the "feart to say a wrong word brigade", the gap between us and killer and even Ross county is massive if they go head to head we will destroy them but they set their stall up to be negative
    A know people say it's no the Celtic way but if we were negative as * tonight got a 1-1 or lost 2-1 a wouldn't give a * how negative we were.

SeanBhoy7 likes this.
  16. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

the english are bigging up man city, psg would rip them apart

brendan could have took the celtic job and played these games against the giants by parking the bus and everyone would have understood but he done the opposite i think that says a lot about the guys integrity, he want our young talent to improve by playing their best against the superteams and learn the hard lessons to improve them as players

i wish all in scottish football would take notice in how you make better footballers but i'm sure that most in the country will still think that parking the bus is how you play football and create good players

what brendan is doing is what scotland should have done years ago under bertie vogts but the national manager needs the clubs to be brave and to teach the players how to play and not inhibit them with getting a result at all costs football

Sean Daleer likes this.
  17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Spot on. I felt that out players just accepted a pumping.

18. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    What does that matter when he's skipping by our defenders like there not there.

He never gave us a seconds thought more than being an opponent on the field (and tbh I dont think he does feel anything more than that now) until Brown started it anyways. We started it and he's been ripping it ever since. so I'd like if everyone would * up about him.

19. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I used to think some posters exaggerated a bit, but it really is mental how many people you see posting after a bad result that you forget even existed during our 64 game unbeaten run and two consecutive CL qualifications :56:

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He's a wee *.. I hope his next injury ends his career...:50:

StPauli1916 likes this.