1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] PSG v CELTIC, UCL, Wed 22/11/17, 1945, BT Sport 3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 18, 2017.

Discuss PSG v CELTIC, UCL, Wed 22/11/17, 1945, BT Sport 3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We can only genuinely expect to push this type of team harder after we get far better quality players in the team and these will be far more expensive to buy and pay salaries to, even if money isn't an issue which sadly it is we would struggle to attract said calibre of players to the SPFL in any case, as it stands the gap between pot 1 and pot 4 teams is stretching by the season and victories by the pot 4 team are going to be very very rare now, this is sadly a reflection of the way football at the top level is going, I don't like the way it's going and I think it's much harder now for Celtic or a pot 4 side to win games let alone progress than say for example the Strachan era.

I'm hurt and saddened by what I saw tonight and feel sorry for those that paid with their money and time to be over there tonight but maybe I realised in the aftermath of the first game in Septemeber this type of scoreline wasn't beyond the realms of possibility such was the gulf in quality of player in each side, something it must be said is only the case due to finances....nothing else.

PSG are one of the very best teams I've watched at Parkhead in my 50 years, losing 7-1 tonight still hurts despite that but the way the game is going financially it's hard to see how we can get closer to them and there likes let alone beat them, all we can do is keep plugging away and hope that we do manage to attract those stronger and better players I was referring to.....until then we had better just enjoy the Europa League..I welcome a fairer playing field in that and a genuine opportunity to see more competitive football rather than turn up to admire a 400 million pound forward line

2. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Wish everyone would shut up talking * about neymar. The * plays us like a fiddle with pure talent every time.

3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Aye goal difference doesn't matter, if they'd sneaked a draw to night would just have had to win , but 3-0 or more needed, we will bounce back for that one

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We're 4 goals better off at the moment, wouldn't us conceding 3 and them scoring 3 swing it their way?

5. Moros

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mohamed Bangura.
    If Anderlecht win 3-0 then our goal difference will be -15 and Anderlechts goal difference will be -13 would it not? And Anderlecht would get through.

Not that Anderlecht are going to beat us 3-0.

JC Anton likes this.
  6. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Even the bus canny keep oot the ball

[​IMG]

7. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Too right. People speak against negative football, but would posters here actually complain if we managed to grind out a result against a giant? I think not. Some of the greatest CL nights happened after a glorious defensive effort by the team.

freitassen and rkid like this.
  8. Cupid Stunt

Embarrassing again tonight. I know the financial gulf and gulf in quality is incredible, but it has been in the past and we've still managed to avoid scorelines like tonight's. Our passing through the middle is * horrendous and we give away so many cheap goals.

9. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Aye. We're currently -12 and they're -16 so a 3-0 win for them would leave us -15 and them -13.

Annoyingly, if we'd kept it to 5-1 tonight even a 3-0 for Anderlecht at Paradise would've seen us go through on goals scored as we'd have been tied on -13 goal difference.

10. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It really pains me to have to say it but of course you are completely correct

11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

4 goals in it as it stands.. 6 goal swing +2 to them..

jocksteinupper likes this.
  12. Pogues

The defence tonight were up against world class players who's movement, pace and speed of thought drags defenders all over the place, making them look pretty *. That team will destroy far better teams than us and I'm not sure what Brendan could have done tactically that would have improved things.

In saying that, we should have been firing in with tackles from the start. Not sure what the foul count was buti can't remember one bad tackle, especially on Neymar. McGrain would have hoofed him into the front row early doors.

13. freitassen

I think one of our bravest and most beautiful games was that match against Barcelona where we "parked the bus". Playing defensively doesn't mean being playing ugly. Right at the moment we are doing neither.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  14. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    yup.....people forgetting the swing to them as 0-3 would then go to overall GD and with swing they'd be through. Not gonna happen anyway...afaic we're in Europa.

JC Anton likes this.
  15. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  16. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Don't think England
    i agree mate need a few big strong no nonsense centre halfs with some pace a don't think England are a great international team but watched them against Brazil s who have loads o great players . Lovely fitba but as soon as Neymar got in front goal, brushing him off the ball and he was getting sickened and wasn't liking it.

17. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Tony Pullis is available......PSG will hold no fear for me next season if he is in charge...he will have the answer

StPauli1916 likes this.
  18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

This guy is an absolute * tho, with no class..

StPauli1916 and Ewang83 like this.
  19. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    * me....am I on the wrong forum?
    Is this The Bears Den ?

StPauli1916 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

* *, bed time for me.

JC Anton likes this.