1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic v Bayern Munich Tue, 31st Oct 19:45 BT Sport ESPN

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Oct 28, 2017.

Discuss Celtic v Bayern Munich Tue, 31st Oct 19:45 BT Sport ESPN in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Thought we improved greatly from our games against PSG and Bayern, the main difference for me was the tackling, steely support for each other and the 'Get intake them attitude'...while playing with style.
    It was a bad goal to lose, the ball came high between Boyata and Biton, they both left it to each other.
    The signs are there for us improving, great performances from Brown, Forrest,Armstrong and McGregor.
    Thought Lustig handled the winger superbly for the majority of the game.
    We never gave them a minute to get comfy on the ball, unlucky with the result, but great performance IMO HH.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Just caught the goal highlights as the game was at 4am here, how did we play overall?

4. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Was a repeat of the Man City game, maybe even better, but since we didn’t have a solid defender like kolo, we lost the plot a bit at the back and Bayern took advantage. Very promising performance and the players can be proud, Jamesy and Callum we’re still gasping for breath in their post match interview.

Fully87 and thetic19 like this.
  5. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I was surprised to only see 2-1 with Bitton at the back, first goal looked like a handball but if he never handled it then Gordon was wiping him out and probably being sent off. Second goal if we have big Jozo maybe we wouldn't have lost that one, but all in all 2-1 can't grumble as long as we put in a good performance.

6. shaunm

3412,should be the formation going forward imo for us to improve in Europe,
    Gordon
    Lustig Boyata Simunovic​

Forrest Brown Armstrong Tierney​

McGregor
    Dembele Griffiths

We could do with 2 new cbs at least and a new goalkeeper,to improve the side​

7. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Disappointing result in the end, two preventable goals conceded, but we played really well and deserved at least a draw tonight. Fans were excellent. Bring on the Europa.

packybhoy likes this.
  8. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Usual from continental teams. When ever we give them a game and scare them a bit they become cheating diving *. Makes you lose a lot of respect for them

9. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    On the way back now from the game. Devastated to lose because of such a * up. Played brilliant tonight but still it's bayern.

Full of hope well do something in the europa if we set up like that and get someone to play beside jozo and mikael

Fully87 and packybhoy like this.
  10. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    You heading back on the boat tonight?

11. Crilly

We keep that form up and we should be going into the Europa comfortably. Actually very excited about the thoughts of it if we can play like that against Bayern then we can be a threat in the europa

12. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That was light years better than PSG in terms of performance, we played at the right tempo and as many said leading up to the game, Dembele seemed to bring our midfield into play when attacking more so than Griff.

Tierney was sensational, when you think back at how ineffective Robben was in comparison with his usual performances that tells you everything you need to know about just how well Tierney played and the type of level he is at now...outstanding.

That second goal killed us, it was a dagger in the heart after working so hard to get back on level terms then lose it so quick, those 4 minutes I can remember the floor was literally shaking beneath me, at that point the noise was up there with some of the very best I've heard, that's how good it was.

Overall we deserved a point at least as almost everyone says...no question about that.

Spoke to some Bayern fans near Dalmarnock station after the game, they were simply bowled over by the whole experience and atmosphere, they genuinely seemed moved by it, for me this is incredible when you consider how these fans must hear really great atmosphere in Germany at almost every away game, particularly Dortmund, Frankfurt, Schalke etc yet despite that they are knocked for six by our fans....

I'm proud of that tonight, ok we never got anything but that's confirmation we CAN compete at this level, something many were questioning post PSG

Fully87, kramer1, Gyp Rosetti and 4 others like this.
  13. Lochy1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Honestly think thats the best CL performance under Brendan easily, only one that comes close is City at home.

We were * outstanding and how we lost is still mesmerising. Literally outplayed Bayern * Munich for 70-80 odd minute, first goal was just pure pish cba even getting into it, and the second came becuase we fell apart after equalizing when we had just proved we could control them.

Am * heartbroken and as much as it annoys me to say it for the umpteenth time we should have learnt a lot from tonight. The fight and desire from us was second to none, and Bayern were astounded especially when you compare it to the game in Munich.

Mcgregor and Forrest unreal. Two players who may not have started had everyone been fit. Been saying for ages Mcgregor had to be trusted in CL, boy should be getting as much praise as Tierney now imo, love him.

All in all im * mwi and gutted but also so very proud at the same time. Applauded the team off tonight for a good five minutes because they deserved it.

I * love Celtic :notworthy

14. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Funniest moment of the night for me was when a young German couple were walking up by the Jock Stein bus park asking for tickets. The girl was about 20 and her boyfriend mid 20's.

Obviously wanting an advantage over the many Bayern fans also desperately looking the guy shouts out, "Free * from my girlfriend for a ticket please!"

The girl didn't see the funny side, ran up to him and gave a swift kick followed to the baws. Followed by almost perfect English swearing and telling him he could sleep in another hotel tonight."

Needless to say I didn't dare offer her my spare ticket. :56:

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

:rofl:

16. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Nah I live In Glasgow now for college. Miss the bus and boat trips now a bit

Lupis and packybhoy like this.
  17. oh bhoy

Tierney, McGregor and Forrest were the standouts courageous on the ball ,a victory for the academy
    Armstrong's miss was a bad one even if had squared it to Sinclair :31: their first was just the usual calamity football from Gordon and boyata :triplomur .we totally bossed that game its * annoying we lost after playing so well .think Rodgers set up better tonight and got the sub's right but the likes of Tierney bursting into midfield with the ball leading up to the Armstrong chance set the tone for the rest to get on the ball and play our usual game

18. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    * mate I don't. Try to fly in any time I can now. Mrs cant hack the boats and as I get older I prefer to fly in.

19. ddub11

Proud of the team and fans tonight but gutted with the result.
    We showed this evening we can compete at this this level and we can build on this result.

Thought our players were really strong positive with brown being his usual self,however i felt dembele was not of the standards i would expect from him but i guess ye cant deliver every game,however overall as a team they done us proud tonight.

20. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    I dont mind when its for a game. Hate it for anything else.

packybhoy likes this.