1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    To be fair this team are used to a cup or two :party048:

SeanBhoy7, neilly1987, TESLA and 3 others like this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    SeanBhoy7 and Aidan O’Shea like this.
  3. Aidan O’Shea

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Indeed!!!

IMG_2042.jpg

Lustig :56: you see him briefly on the coverage sliding in and completely missing broony and griff

Seán Mac D likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The joy on Paddy's face is almost as jizzworthy as the pass..

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

PEDRO Caixinha, the Rangers manager, may be of the view that Scott Brown, the Celticcaptain, is a dirty player who was lucky to escape a red card for the second Old Firm game in succession for elbowing an opponent.

Yet, Tom Rogic is in no doubt whatsoever he is currently playing alongside a man who will one day be considered an all-time great of the Parkhead club.

Rogic might have opened the scoring for the Scottish champions in another one-sided triumph over their Glasgow rivals at Ibrox with a well-taken second half goal at a Leigh Griffiths corner.

But the Australian forward’s fine personal performance, and indeed that of every one of Brendan Rodgers’s players, was once again overshadowed by that of their central midfielder and skipper Brown.

The 32-year-old snuffed out Rangers attacks, won balls in the air, distributed possession intelligently and didn’t stop running once for 90 whirlwind minutes.

Few in the 50,116-strong crowd, not least his team mate, was in the slightest bit surprised at the contribution of a man who flourishes in the intense and, for some at least, intimidating atmosphere of the Old Firm game.

“Scott is massive for us,” said Rogic. “When you have your captain leading by example in almost all of our matches - you saw it in the Betfred Cup tie at Dundee as well – it helps you enormously.

“He seems to win every 50-50 he goes into. He puts himself about for tackles and when the ball comes to him, he is calm and composed. He gets us set up on the right foot. He is crucial for us. He is a leader who leads by example.

“He has been an exceptional player for a number of years now. We are fortunate to have a captain like him to play under. It makes our job easier. He will be one that, when he stops playing, people will look back and see him as a real legend of the club. I guess time will tell.”

Caixinha took great exception to the Scotland internationalist’s challenge on Alfredo Morelos shortly before half-time and approached him as he made his way up the tunnel.

Rogic, though, felt that Brown had once again helped him, and all of his fellow Celtic players, to perform at their very best by playing with the utmost commitment and desire to succeed.

“He’s been at the club since day one for me,” he said. “He’s one of the few who are still here since I joined. He doesn’t always have to say something to you, he just leads by example. It rubs off on his team-mates.”

“I think we felt good on Saturday. Our performance was good. I think form start to finish we felt pretty comfortable in the match. We possibly could have had a few more goals.

“We feel like we are going to win every game we go into. We have that mindset. I think it is important just to focus on ourselves. That is what we did. That is what gives us the confidence to keep going game after game and keep winning.”

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

That cheeky move with the ball where he slide it back then forward with a perfect pass for paddy. Dam. Scott brown doesnt get enough praise. If we had a young boy playing as he plays, he'd be the next £20m player. Legend.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Great words from Rogic, he really has become a great captain.

Was a lovely little drag back, he has done it a few times this season.

9. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Just love these close up photos of the players celebrating in front of those *.

Clearly see the * taking ..especially Broony. .Leigh...and Lustig....marvelous keep them coming.

neilly1987 likes this.
  10. Pacific Ocean Blue

They seem to forget that Barry Ferguson got away with murder when he played up here

11. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    "Scott Brown is not in my league". Joey couldn't even win a drop ball. What a *.....

12. celtic warrior

If rogic says your a top *, who am I to argue, love brown probably the best team motivator we've had as a captain in recent years.

I'd love to be married to him

Doogs. likes this.
  13. Pacific Ocean Blue

Broony is one of my favourite players but even I thought he almost done in Deila's last season. He's different class and it would be hard to not call him a Celtic icon if(when) we get 10 in a row - captaining a football club for 10 seasons, winning the league every season will never be done again in our lifetime

67goodyear likes this.
  14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  16. aliceinsound

I have a feeling he's going to be like one of those Italian players who seem to hit their peak well into their 30's. I think the recent focus on diet and fitness will play a big part in this.

My understanding is that the Italian have much better diet than ours I don't think it's a coincidence that so many Scottish players are done by the time they hit 30 in comparison

17. HWFG!

Expect a big performance tonight. Him and Ntcham to boss it.

littlekennie likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Just gonna put this out there right now - Scott Brown is * brilliant. We're lucky to have this guy on the pitch as our captain.

Captain Brown likes this.
  20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Guilty of overplaying him, should have rested him v Dundee..