1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Ralston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CalgaryBhoy, May 12, 2016.

Discuss Anthony Ralston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Neymar got the better of him on and off the park. How can you kick the * out of him, laugh in a guys face and square him up and then at the end of the game try to get his shirt?! Needs to be grounded asap

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Didn't see him trying to get his shirt just Neymar refusing to shake hands..

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Tommy25, Dylan1996 and StPauli1916 like this.
  3. Celticnut

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc,Andy Hinkel,Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He's got the right mentality anyway. For play to him. One of the few positives to take from last night.

Tommy25 likes this.
  4. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

he had an absolute mare away to Astana so I don't get playing him last night

5. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

He was laughing at the most expensive footballer of all time still being a diving cheating wee * even when 3 goals up. He didn't try to get his shirt, just to shake his hand, which Neymar refused cause he is a classless *.

6. DonnyCelt

He was brought in to mark Neymar in the biggest game of his career. He didn't do to badly tbh. He was not scared to show what he thought about the diving cheating *, Just like lustig, and all he did at the whistle was go to shake his hand and Neymar refused. Was great to see the young lad trying to get the crowd up too

Tommy25, CrSBhoy and neilly1987 like this.
  7. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Looking forward to seeing his 6th start for the hoops. Thought he came out of last night with lots of credit particularly second half. Other than the second leg he will probably not face a better team or a more difficult opponent again. Hoping he gets plenty more game time to build upon.

8. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Aye I agree it was stupid by Neymar but I'm sure if you got kicked about a park and getting lip of an 18 year old when your 3-0 up, you would certainly let him know about it.

9. JamesM09

From what I saw it was no where near as bad as he made out. Paddy is only 20 and seemed to be getting hacked down just as much. Sinclair too.

Neymar is a classless *. You think he would've learned something from Messi instead of going down in tears anytime someone came near him. Footballers like him are * fannies and give the sport a bad name.

Honestly, not shaking an 18 year old boys hand after a game because he dared stand up to the mighty Neymar is everything wrong with football. It's the Neymar tournament, he's to get all the goals so it can be sold to Brazil and China. Who is Ralston to try and 'compete'.

Actually, the fact some fans are shocked he dare treat Neymar like he would treat Doigie Imrie is what is wrong with football.

Tommy25, neilly1987, Ewang83 and 3 others like this.
  10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

So hes to treat him like a we king neymar saviour of the world? Nah. He done brilliant. Show no respect during a game. Its the only way to go as a defender or you get *. He got it back off neymar just as much.

A class player forgets all that * after 90 min whistle and realises its part of the game. He done his job. Was probably told to get in his head. Job done if hes a we scared * who wont shake hands.

* neymar and * the oil money thats ruining the game.

Tommy25, CrSBhoy, NomDePlum and 3 others like this.
  11. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them

Aye and a there is a level of respect in football as well. I have no problem if he's going to square Neymar up if he's actually competing with him on the pitch, not throwing the dummy when he is getting out-classed. Also think you forgot about that Motta challenge as well, if that was one of them on scott brown we would be fuming.

12. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I hate what football has become as well and hate that wee * but you canny say Ralston got in his head when they won 5-0:56:

rkid likes this.
  13. JamesM09

I didn't forget about anything mate. (Except to quote, apparently!)

It was obviously a foul but let's not make out Ralston tried to break his leg or something like that ffs.

Brown gets a cheeky knock like that week in and week out, he still shakes hands afterwards. It's football.

I haven't watched it again but from where I was sitting Neymar was doing his usual 3 tumbles every time someone tackled him. Wasn't he eventually booked for diving ?

But aye, you're right. Ralston should've apologised after the first tackle and sat down and let King Neymar of the Champions League rattle in as many as possible.

The guys a *, but if you want his name on the back of a Brazil jersey you go right ahead.

neilly1987 and StPauli1916 like this.
  14. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Messi's the same..

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I reckon this bhoy is going to be a warrior for us.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

16. JamesM09

He stays up pretty well as far as I've ever seen. Videos of him genuinely being hacked down cynically and kept on going.

At worst, at least against us he's always been a class act, especially considering he's twice the player Neymar is.

Tommy25, CrSBhoy and The Thumb like this.
  17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Nonsense.

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

More disappointed in his interactions with Neymar, rather than his defending against him.

He wasn't all that bad, Neymar wasn't all that good and I doubt Lustig being at RB (with Boyata at CB), would of made much of a difference.

Seeing him laughing at Neymar was just cringe. You're 18 y/o, making your UCL debut against a phenomenal player. Even if he doesn't deserve it, respect should be shown.

19. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    I think he will too. One of the only positives to come out of last night was the experience gained for our younger players.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  20. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Recently, I've seen it creep into his game. Barca is full of diving *, so I can see where Neymar's learnt it from..