1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Celtic v Rosenborg, 26/7/17, 7:45pm.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 19, 2017.

Discuss UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Celtic v Rosenborg, 26/7/17, 7:45pm. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Ill tell ye what. Thank * next weeks on premier sports :56: apart from a 30 min YouTube stream I struggled to see whos who.

Twisty likes this.
  2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Doesn't exist anymore

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. Big C

Sorry but thats 2.....

4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wait til we wear our away kit that blends in with the grass!!

thailandceltic likes this.
  5. Vic Vega

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Lambert
    I agree mate.

Youngster or not, he'd have moved the defenders around, created space, came short for the ball. Things that were missing tonight.

doctor venglos likes this.
  6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He is being a mongol.

7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    We getting new * coloured illuminous grass ?

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Probably loads along the PR.

thailandceltic likes this.
  9. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Struggled to break them down. Hopefully it will be easier next week with griff back in there. Very ill prepared for this one though. Brown looked knackered and nearly gifted them 2 goals with sloppy passing which he was doing all night.

Forrest has zero end product against good teams and still shoots like a 12 year old boy.

I think they will play very similarly next week and try to catch us on the break. Which right now I can seem them doing.. They should have won there tonight.

Artorias likes this.
  10. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The whole game was lacklustre and flat.

Sinclair used to play as a striker. Surprised Rogic was given that role, didn't work.

I'd say Rosenborg will be disappointed they didn't score and that 0-0 is a reasonable outcome given our performance.

I'm not as confident as I was pre-match, but still pretty confident we'll score over there and go through. Need to step it up big time if we are to progress.

11. Dirk_Diggler

Missed the gb missed having a striker... the main * up was 4-5 weeks ago we should have replaced toure and cifti.... probably come back to bite us in the * as usual

Manager got outfaught tactically tonight imo they doubled up on Scotty and kt sinclair should have been up front with the pace he has with Hayes Brought on at 45 mind... and everything went sideways all night mostly to lustig who looked like he played with a blind fold on.

Slow passing, no ideas, everything side to side it was like watching ronny,s team

Lot of work to be done if we are to get through! Pish !

Seán Mac D likes this.
  12. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Loads to you is probably * all to me, mon down ill buy ya one, might calm ya doon mate

doctor venglos likes this.
  13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Gb were only responsible for the one charge (the banners) making the club responsible for the other 4. Gb were banned for flares at hearts game and banners at linfeild game they are only guilty of one uefa charge in the last month celtic should have banned the gb leadership they do know who they are btw they liase with the guy from celtic to get in with the banners so it's not like they couldn't go down that root plus the fact they used the same type of play on the hazard design for paddy m court in celtic view so stinks of hypocrisy really

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye thought you might be down that way?

15. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Well after a bit of thought Rodgers I'm sure will appreciate the seriousness of the clash next week, he will have seven days to prepare for the game of his and Celtics life's! With Leigh most likely coming back and with the Norwegians going to open up a bit more hopefully our management can find a way to exploit them. I'm sure BR will use the next 7 days to go over every detail!

Artorias likes this.
  16. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

In a word, shambolic. No communication, * poor slow passing, often behind the player receiving it.

The only positive I can take from that is that their finishing was awful. Colossal improvement needed next week.

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Is that a maybe?

18. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

why didnt we get a loan prospect striker in ?

this would have been tailor made for such a loan signing like paddy had been for us

the board really continue to let us down leading up to these ties with their biscuit tin mentality

and griffiths with his territory scarf on a opposition stadiums is so immature and hes really let us down

really really tough game for us next week, hope the * we don't bottle it

19. Cmcgregor90

Why wasn’t young jack on the bench? * move young boy but an out and out striker

Artorias and Vic Vega like this.
  20. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Fair * to Rosenborg. Got it absolutely bang on tactically tonight.

Took our lack of recognised scoring threat and used it against us. Defended deep, limiting the space in behind for Sinclair and Forrest to run into and get cutbacks or low crosses in, closed off the middle of the park to stop us playing into feet and using the combination play with Sinclair cutting in from the left. Instead they allowed us the wide areas and challenged us to put in the perfect delivery to maybe score from. Allied with having no real target or threat, it was easy for them to defend. We had times where we could have put the ball into the boxes but it would have been aimless and pointless.

To try and beat what we faced tonight you need to drag players out and have runners attack the space (play forward, back and through). Rogic was dropping into areas like he normally would playing just off the front. Problem with that is, he was meant to be the forward. Instead of drawing out a defender and leaving gaps for the likes of Armstrong and Sinclair to attack. He was pulling out a midfielder and they still had a solid back 4 in place. I would have played Sinclair advanced, then you can have Rogic and Armstrong in the position to make the runs into the gaps or play the passes into the areas. I felt we had Ntcham and Brown playing deeper, playing passes in-front of the Rosenborg players (which they wanted) and not really offering much else. Ntcham is also still finding his feet in this side and that makes it all that bit harder for him to influence. He doesn’t know enough about the traits or habits of those around him.

Because of being comfortable in defence and under no great threat. It gave Rosenborg confidence and belief. They gradually became more confident on the ball and started to cause some problems going forward. Had the better chances in the game as well. Often, through exploiting the spaces we left going forward.

We were far from our best, we looked a pre-season team. Their better fitness and competitive match fitness negated our better quality. They recovered quicker from any opening or half openings we created, where weeks down the line we would have been more clinical. Our use of the ball wasn’t great and as a result we lacked any real creativity.

Would have been ideal if we had scored tonight. It gives Rosenborg the opportunity to select more tactical choices in the 2nd leg. They can now choose to play similarly too tonight, knowing that taking one chance, could see them through. If we had scored it might have forced them to open up a bit more.

Next week is now trickier, even less margin for failure and mistakes must be few and far between.

It’s a challenge, we’ve been challenged last season and responded. Next week is another challenge.

I have confidence we can progress.