1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Feminism/Equal rights

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Captain Brown, Jul 18, 2017.

Discuss Feminism/Equal rights in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Me and the Mrs were having a discussion on this and we both had the same views.

I'm sure we all agree that if a man and woman do the same job (in a bank, like myself for example), we all deserve the same pay.

But I always think of tennis as something that I can't get my head around.

I'm not sure if it happened but the women wanted the same amount of money as the men, even though the men play more sets and pull in more tv viewers. Surely, if this happened, then it's actually being sexist, or whatever the women are saying in their fight for equal pay, towards men?

The men would be putting in more work than the women but getting the same pay.

Can someone please explain this? :84:

2. The Greenman King of kings

Everyone agrees that men and women should be equally paid, don't know why that even comes up as the gender pay gap is a complete myth. However in cases like this its a case of supply and demand, male tennis players bring in a larger audience and that's what sportsplayers rely on so in this case it's obvious male players should be paid more. Won't stop feminists from complaining though those * are never happy.

3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Personally i blame the Williams brothers.

4. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    That's what I mean.. How can they say they want it equal but in reality they want the same money for less work :56:

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The women shouldn't even be out there playing tennis.

They should be in the * kitchen.......:34:

Drakhan and Buster like this.
  6. The Greenman King of kings

That's feminists for you mate :giggle1:, biggest hypocrites on planet earth

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Also ability shouldn't come into it, they should be payed in accordance with the size of their *.

Boruc17, LV426, Doogs. and 3 others like this.
  8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Save the grunting for the bedroom.

Forget working on your backhand, that ironing won't do itself ffs ...........:40:

LV426 and Doogs. like this.
  9. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    If men play longer and bring in more crowds then i don't know how women tennis players can demand the same. It's a shame that womens tennis might not be given the same air time to build up a fan base though.
    Same with women's football. The euro's are on just now and it's only getting streamed online until Scotland v England come on tv. Sad.

Women's gymnastics and figure skating bring in more viewers/ticket sales yet both sexes are paid the same.

10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    What about having a mini bar by the umpires chair, a wee refreshment in between games, cocktails for the laydeez ?

Captain Brown likes this.
  11. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Konta is Australian.

12. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Commons is English.

Lennox Lewis is Canadian...

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  13. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    :56:

I swear you remind me of my step grandad. He has me in stitches all night with these type of jokes :84:.

Aye, you are younger as he's nearly 70 but I swear to *, if I never knew better and he wasn't a Jambo, I'd think you were him.

You'll see how many of your posts I've liked in the past.

The Prof likes this.
  14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I fully support equal rights, but I despair at some of modern, western, feminism's grievances. Trivial nonsense such as manspreading or mansplaining.

The IRA, Bumblebee and The Greenman like this.
  15. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Aye,Commons is obviously English.

Just like Konta is an Aussie.

Dunno about Lewis to comment.

16. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

Yeah, a lot of feminists don't understand the difference between earnings and wages. If I work 40 hours a week and a woman doing the same job works 20 hours a week then it's obvious who will earn more. Don't they realise that to pay someone less for the same work is illegal. If you could pay a woman less why would you hire a man?

The tennis thing * me off because women only have to play best of three so why should they get the same as people who have to play best of five?

17. Bumblebee

I seena feminist going on a rant about that on youtube and her rationale was that if men can man spread then she can spread her arms and stick her * out, failing to realise our baws are bwtween our legs and get squashed unlike * which are located on the front of her chest and not in between her arms.

Funnily enough I was in fopp a wee while ago and this young guy and lassie were in, lassie was quite clearly a feminist cause she was complaining about every * white male director. The guy picked up a Woody Allen box set and I heard him saying to her have you ever watched his movies? And her reply was no he's another white privileged jewish male :giggle1: I could see the dude getting really frustrated with her but keeping his cool. He was then looking at horror movies and I heard her saying I don't understand why you like horror movies its just about misogynistic men brutalising women. The hero of the horror movie genre is typically * females dumb feminist *!

There was a kick up there too about the Gal Gadot not getting as much money as the guy who played Superman * knows his name the new dude, feminists were saying oh this is another case of women getting underpaid blah blah blah. When in reality Gal Gadot signed the same deal as the fella who played superman it wasn't until the following movie that guy made something like 10 million which will likely happen with Gal Gadot when she does her next Wonder Woman movie.

Looking for issues where there is none, first world problems eh. You think feminists would be more angry with Saudi Arabia and Iran with their treatment of woman rather than some already wealthy former model Gal Gadot not earning as much as another millionaire.

The Greenman likes this.
  18. The Greenman King of kings

Because facts end where feminist feelings begin

Bumblebee likes this.
  19. The Greenman King of kings

This. That would require them having to actually confront a serious issue and of course it is easier to just sit and be a professional victim, it also shows they don't give a * about women in other parts of the world who are actually oppressed. And then they wonder why everybody hates them and then they'll hide behind their wee 'feminism is about equality' definition whenever anyone challenges their pathetic movement. I could go on about these bawbags forever :giggle1:.

Bumblebee likes this.
  20. Onefootwonder

Look at the fall out that the retirement age argument caused. Women fought hard for equal rights at work, which is fair enough if equal, but they also fought against having the same retirement age.

How on earth did that make sense to any of them?

It's only equal if they are gaining.

The Greenman and Bumblebee like this.