1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Callum McGregor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by greengrocer, Jul 5, 2014.

Discuss Callum McGregor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Honestly don't get how people don't rate him. Ran their midfield ragged in the second half.

Love the wee man.

Deco67 likes this.
  2. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    No want to bores yous lads , but stuck a wee cheeky £10 on Newcastle, , Milwall, Mk dons, Ipswich n Brighton, a noticed a was get £209. For my £10, a realised I'd took my team s to win and both teams to score, -a ended up back at bookies " sorry mate a didn't mean both to act, just the 3home teams to win,they aw * scored, only boring line, I'll hit you's with lads, because see beating the scum twice already 5-1, hampden1-0 going on 10, giving the * a 1-0 lead Then destroying Them in front of their 50,000 belevirs,know your place Hun scum, we took pity on you. Today

3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    We are Brendan Rogers, green machine, sorry scum you's got in our way, sorry a heard yous hadn't been beaten at ibrox in a few games, we gave you's a goal of a start, oh how you's celebrated, did you honestly think you would beat us, hoops we've done, destroyers at Celtic park , humiliated yous at hampden in semi, so we turn up at stadium *, ooh the bears celebrated the 1-0 to score the scum, oh gosh they r thinking there a result, my nerves were bolted in Hun bog( a know wee Gerry was blazing, was trying to kick * out of toilet s,he had a few too many rab from st rochs CDC, thought you handled it well

4. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    22 * points clear, you's spoke good a draw at vaxumland, * 1-0 scum, smell it, touch it but Kenny Miller,lose it now, cause Moussa s here, keep smelling that cause it's a winner but not for * long , cauuse your messing with BE

5. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

For me he still isn't good enough I'd like to see bitton and this boy shipped and a quality Cm/Am brought in

6. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He's not really convinced me that he is the standard we need but fair does I thought today he was excellent and deserves much praise

7. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Played very well yesterday. Just a tad naive with the final option at times although his cross for Dembele in the 2nd half was a good yin! Great close control and never panics in possession. Very direct player as well. Will only get better.

8. shaunm

Good player,would keep him,can cover all midfield positions and scores important goals

9. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Just watched the extended highlights and he had a terrific match.

10. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Our entire midfield looked lost in the first 30 mins or so, but we really took hold of the game in the 2nd half. Thought McGregor played very well after the break. Took the ball in tight spaces, kept it simple and got forward well, too.

11. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    He brings good energy to the team and always wants the ball. Most of our build up play goes through him connecting to the front from mid. He puts in an honest shift and I think he produces. Just not the biggest star in our team.

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not good enough. Armstrong and brown are the go to guys in central midfield and rogic and Christie as the attacking mid. We need another central midfielder, one better than what we have. McGregor isnt it.

13. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Looked lost in the first half then 2nd half just sat deeper and kept the ball moving forward and picking his moments when to burst forward, he was very good in the 2nd half but just seems to drift in and out of games, when he's playing good he's a really good creator and outlet for us. Just inconsistent. Though to be fair he's in and out the team a lot.

14. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I'd probably sell Bitton before McGregor.

ILoveTheCeltic, Zander and Deco67 like this.
  15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    He had a quiet first half but good second.

I notice people saying "he has limited ability" but he's actually technically a good player, nice touch, control, can run with a ball, pass a ball and his weaker foot is decent too, better than most players. In Scottish player terms he is one of the best footballers Scotland have.

Limited physically i'd say he was, weak, fairly mobile but not fast, small and not very athletic. Ability wise though he's better than any other player in Scotland who doesn't play for us.

16. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Watched the game at my mates yesterday.

We both thought McGregor would be replaced at half-time. Doesn't bring the same creative force as Rogic,however he isn't that type of player.

1st half he played as the more advanced of the midfielders. 2nd half, it was more of a rotation between McGregor and Armstrong. McGregor is pretty handy when it comes to retaining the ball. And he done that well yesterday, in particular 2nd half. He's not spectacular, but he's effective.

17. DaBomber

He'd walk into every other midfield in the country and be the best central midfielder. Good squad player nothing more but I certainly wouldn't get rid of him.

18. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Loved the wee man since last season, happy Brendan sees something in him.

He'll never be our best midfielder but he's a cracking wee player to have when he's on song. Loves to drive forward.

Valhalla and packybhoy like this.
  19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    For sure, Bitton you cant trust against anyone now.

McGregor could really stay here the rest of his career as a Leon Osman, Danny Murphy, Wes Brown, Nicky *, Rosicky, Guti, Ambrosini style player who most of the time wasn't starting quality or someone their clubs didnt really want to play every week but was still good enough to get a lot of games and play every week if they had to and useful to have in the squad. Players that could have been star players at clubs a level below.

Just Kieran likes this.
  20. doctor venglos

Definitely keep McGregor. He put in a good honest shift yesterday, especially the second half if you watch the extended highlights of the game.
    He just needs to sharpen up his shooting boots a bit. That is what I would get him to practice on.
    And yes sell Bitton, I can't see anyway back for him, as he dozen't suit our style of play under Brendan, far too languid.

Just Kieran likes this.