1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] General Chat

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Moustache, Jul 8, 2014.

Discuss General Chat in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Moustache

I haven’t done one of these in a while, but there's been plenty of rumours and reveals recently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Batman (Unannounced Game)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one is still basically a rumour at this point, but a new Batman game is apparently going to be announced in the next couple of days. Yesterday, a guy called Jason Schreier (a writer for Kotaku), tweeted that something Batman related was going to be announced during the Game Awards – it wasn’t. Schreier, who has a very good track record when it comes to leaks & rumours, later tweeted out that he had been told that a new Batman game was to be announced in early December. However, the most surprising part of this tweet is that he actually confirms a rumour from earlier in the year.

Back in the July, a French site posted that a new Batman game was in development – which isn’t that big of a surprise. However, what did surprise people was that it wouldn’t be a Bruce Wayne, Batman game. Instead, the game would be set in the future and star Damian Wayne (the fourth Robin, and Bruce Wayne’s biological son) who has taken up the mantle of Batman. Here’s the translation of the original rumour:

This would later be expanded upon by a user of the gaming forum, Neogaf called Kenzodielocke. He claimed that WB Montreal (the developers of Batman: Arkham Origins) are currently working on two DC games. The first was the oft-rumoured Suicide Squad game, and the other was this alleged Damian Wayne game. He posted details on both, which you can read here, but I’ve tided it up a bit:

Jason Schreier however is saying that it’s the Damian Wayne game that will be announced on Saturday or Sunday. On top of that he's also claiming the following things:
    • The game will apparently use the Nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor
    • The trailer will end with a shot of the Penguin
    It’s also worth noting that Sony’s PlayStation Experience event begins tomorrow, during which they generally announce some new games. Sony and Warner Bros. seemingly have a pretty good relationship, and all of the Arkham games received some sort of exclusive DLC on PlayStation. So it wouldn’t be too surprising to see some sort of announcement there.

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition

It's been announced that Bulletstorm is getting an expanded remaster for PC, PS4 & Xbox One. Here's the trailer (and full details below):

Details:

It will come with all previously release DLC

It will run up to 4K resolution on PC & PS4 Pro

From the US PS Blog:

Death Stranding

Hideo Kojima (the man behind the Metal Gear Solid) announced his new game Death Stranding during Sony’s E3 show earlier this year. That trailer revealed that Norman Reedus, who was set to star in Kojima’s cancelled Silent Hills game, would play the protagonist in his new project.

Yesterday, Kojima showed off a new trailer that revealed that not only was Guillermo del Toro (who was also working on Silent Hills) involved in this new game, but so was renowned actor Mads Mikkelesen. Here’s the trailer (it’s just as strange as the last one):

Guardians of the Galaxy – The Telltale Series

We’ve known for a while now thay Telltale were working on a Marvel game, and last night they finally revealed that it would star the Guardians of the Galaxy. Here’s the reveal trailer:

It’s due out sometime in 2017

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition & Halo Wars 2

So there was a new trailer for Halo Wars: Definitve Edition (a remasterd version of Halo Wars for Xbox One & PC):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6AHjLPJq2E

There was a new story trailer for Halo Wars 2, which focused on the games antagonist, Atriox:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adh46ky_-WI

Halo Wars 2 is due out in February 2017, and players who pre-order the Ultimate Edition will be given early access to Halo Wars: Definite Edition on the 20th December.

Mass Effect: Andromeda

The first gameplay footage of Mass Effect: Andromeda was revealed yesterday:

Marvel vs. Capcom 4

The other big piece of Marvel related gaming news is that a new entry in the Marvel vs. Capcom series is apparently in development. It basically started off as an unsubstantiated rumour, but Polygon soon backed it up with their own story. You can read the full article here, but it can basically be summed up in three points.
    • It will be revealed at the Capcom Cup, which will take place during the Playstation Experience event (which runs from the 3rd - 4th December)
    • The Marvel half of the roster will draw heavily from the Marvel Cinematic Universe
    • There will no X-Men related characters
    In regards to the last point, this is somewhat expected. Marvel have basically forbade developers from including X-Men & Fantastic Four related characters in any of their licensed games (excluding one or two that were released before the ban was put in place) due to their ongoing bad blood with Fox over the film rights.

It's also worth mentioning that it's not known at this point whether it'll be a PS4 console exclusive like Street Fighter V was. Although considering that Sony already have an exclusive Marvel game in development (Spider-Man, which was revealed at E3), the fact that they helped fund SFV and their seemingly good relationship with both Capcom and Disney meas it wouldn't be too surprising if it was.

PaRappa the Rapper

A site called Gematsu are reporting that the South Korean ratings board have rated a game titled 'PaRappa the Rapper'

PaRappa the Rapper is an old, Sony exclusive, rhythm game series about a rapping dog that was released on the original Playstation. The second game, which was a PS2 release, has since been made available to play as a HD re-release on PS4.

At the moment, it's not known whether this is a new PaRappa game, or if it's sign that Sony are finally going to start releasing PS1 games on PS4. Like the other rumours, I'm guessing we'll find out in the next couple of days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment

Yacht Club Games have released a trailer for the second free expansion to Shovel Knight, Specter of Torment. Here's the trailer and description:

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (Season 3)

Telltale also released a new extended look at the latest entry in their The Walking Dead series. The trailer focuses on a guy called Javier and his family during the initial outbreak (for some reason this video won't embed).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PO5g0vVPlM

The first episode will be released on the 20th of this month.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    Artorias likes this.
  2. Moustache

I mentioned it in my last post, but Sony are hosting their annual Playstation Experience in California today. The event opens with an hour long show, during which they usually show off some new trailers and we generally get some new games announced as well.

It starts a 18:00 UK time and can be watched live on Youtube, or the official Playstation site. Here's links to both:

Youtube Livestream:

Playstation Website

http://live.playstation.com/

In regards to what games to expect, here's a list of everything that is confirmed to be, rumoured to be and confirmed not to be appearing at the show:

Confirmed to Appear:

Full Throttle Remastered (revealed at last years event)

Gran Turismo Sport

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom (revealed at last years event)

Rumoured to Appear:

A new Batman game (More details in the post above) - While the game exists, a reveal at this show is becoming evermore doubtful - but it's still a possibilty

Crash Bandicoot Remake - There seems to be a lot of talk about this one, but nothing has been confirmed at the moment. Activison will have a presence at the show, but it could just be for COD stuff.

Days Gone - People seem to be mentioning this a lot, but the developrs arent listed as appearing at the show (I suppose they could just be keeping it as a suprise though)

Injustice 2 - There hasn't been a character reveal in a while, and WB are confimred to be at the show.

Marvel vs Capcom 4 (More details in the post above)
    - Pretty much guaranteed at this point.

PaRappa the Rapper (More details in the post above) - Possibly a new game, or something to do with PS1 games on PS4.

The Last of Us 2 - This is being teased by a guy called shinobi602 who has a pretty good track record when it comes to leaks.

Uncharted 4 DLC - Naughty Dog are confirmed to be at the show, and a poster that's been given away to attenddess seemingly hints to this being a reveal. Last month there was a rumour doing the rounds that the DLC was going to focus on Sam, who was a prominent character in 4. Here's the poster in question:

[​IMG]

Confirmed Not to Appear:

* of War

Spider-Man

3. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Do we know anything about what Death Stranding is actually going to be about. The trailers don't really give an idea.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Kojima probably doesn't even know. Looks mental.

Incredible amount of talent involved in it though - Reedus and Mikkelsen the two actors. And Del Toro is one of my favourite directors.

5. Moustache

Outwith it being an open world game, I don't think anyone really knows what the game is about at this point.

In saying that, the first trailer apparently quoted a poem called 'Auguries of Innocence' by William Blake which is supposedly, partly about respecting/fearing nature and warning of the consequences of not doing so.

6. Moustache

7. Moustache

Everything announced so far (I'll keep editing this post & try to tidy it up later):

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy announced, Chloe is the main character and Nadine (from Uncharted 4) is involved as well.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced - Ryu & Mega Man shown for Capcom, Iron Man & Captain Marvel for Marvel, Ultron (fused with someone else looks to be the villain

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Remastered was announced, and is available to buy on PS4 right now.

A new Wipeout game was announced (A Remastered Collection, I think ?)

Destiny: The Dawning shown - Christmas themed event that runs from the 13th December to early/mid January.

Gameplay for Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (remake of the the first three games) shown.

New trailer for Resident Evil 7 and there's a update for the demo that adds a new section.

Ace Combat 7 trailer showing off the VR.

Akuma is announced as the next Street Fighter V DLC character.

New The Last Guardian Trailer

PaRappa the Rappa, Locoroco & Patapon all being Remastered for PS4

PaRappa demo available on the store now

Knack 2 announced - has co-op

Gravity Rush 2 getting a free story DLC in March focusing on the character Raven

New trailer for Gran Turismo Sport

Yakuza 6 & Yakuza Kiawami both getting released in the West

Danganronpa V3 coming to PS4 & Vita

Nicer Automata coming to PS4 next July

Dreadnought (space ship fighting game) coming to PS4 next year

Pyre, trailer a co-op RPG by Supergiant Games (Bastion & Transistor)

Vane trailer

Absolver - online melee fighter

What Remains of Edith Finch trailer - spooky walking simulator-ish game

Matterfall trailer

Let it Die - F2P game available right now

Bunch of indie games available right now (Surgeon Simulator VR available right now)

Lara Croft Go available later today for PS4 & Vita

Windjammers Remastered for PS4 & Vita

Starblood Arena announced (VR Exclusive)

New Ni-oh trailer (Dark Souls-esque game)

Trailer for MLB: The Show 2017 - Retro Mode announced

New trailer for Horizon: Zero Dawn

The Last of Us 2 announced

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

THE LAST OF US 2 * GET IN YOU BEAUTY

Joel and Ellie as well:49:

Valhalla likes this.
  9. Moustache

The Last of Us: Part 2 has been announced.

It's still in very early development it stars a grownup Ellie and an older Joel. Ellie's wanting to hunt down a group of people with the intention of killing them (maybe the Fireflies ?)

Valhalla likes this.
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Most anticipated game ever for me. The Last of Us is my favourite game and although it doesn't need a sequel, I still wanted one.

It's Naughty Dog, so it's at least going to be great.

Valhalla and Artorias like this.
  11. Moustache

I'm definitely excited for it.

I'm not sure if the original is my favourite game of all time, it's between that and The Witcher 3, but it's undoubtedly one of the best of all time. In terms of story & characters, the first game was basically a masterpiece - I don't think I had ever been so invested in a games story or characters as I was with The Last of Us.

I never really wanted a sequel to be honest (particularly one with Joel or Ellie) but I'm still excited for it after the trailer. I don't think Naughty Dog would have continued their story (which had the perfect ending) if they didn't think the second game had the potential to surpass the first.

When you really think about it, Sony has some amount of (potentially) amazing exclusives coming up. It's probably the strongest their lineup has looked for a few years.

Artorias likes this.
  12. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Guess I should think about buying a PS4.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye it's between those two games for me as well, but TLoU just trumps it. The Witcher 3's story just went on too long for my liking and I was never really invested in it. I much preferred the world itself, the characters and the side quests. The Last of Us had me greeting. It was just a perfect game.

The bold part is spot on. Naughty Dog is the best developer in the business. They do characters and story like nobody else. That's why I'm so happy that it's about Joel and Ellie again. He's my favourite video game character.

Only sad part is, this game will be miles away.

Artorias likes this.
  14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Don't have a PS4 (well, I did but I traded it in) so I had to watch the Last of Us on youtube.

By far the best walkthrough I've ever watched. It was like watching a TV series.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

You should. Horizon, Spiderman, TLoU2, Days Gone, * of War, Detroit, Death Stranding...some lineup of exclusives.

16. Moustache

I agree with you about the Witcher's story. The main story has some very high, highs (the stuff with the Baron early in the game being an example) but it does get weak towards the end. So, TLoU definitely comes out on top there.

The Last of Us really does have some of the hardest hitting scenes in gaming. The prologue, the stuff with the brothers (that was the standout out for me) and the ending itself. Even a few years on, I don't think anyone has come close to matching those moments.

I think it's probably going to be a 2018 game like * of War & Spider-Man. It's going to be too long a wait regardless :giggle1:

Officer Doofy likes this.
  17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The Winter chapter in TLoU was the highlight of the game, for me. This part in specific with Joel and Ellie at the end....just wow.

Hope you're right, 2018 is a while away but not that would be sooner than I imagine for this game anyway.

Valhalla likes this.
  18. Claudio1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    That game with Mads in it looks freaky.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Valhalla likes this.
  20. Moustache

Yeah, that was probably the best chapter overall. David was a well done, albeit creepy character (I was surprised when I found out he was voiced by Nolan North, the voice of Nathan Drake, it didn't sound like him at all). Joel interrogating the random guard in that chapter, was another really well done scene that I actually forgot about until now.