1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Dembele

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Sean Daleer, Jun 28, 2016.

Discuss Moussa Dembele in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jordan_

Think the big difference is the money. Take the 2001 season when Larsson was with us. The average premier league wage was £454,000 a year. Fast forward to today its 2.4 million, utterly mental

Would we have been able to keep hold of that team we had in today's market with English teams paying what they do & football agents being horrible snakey bassas? i don't think so.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  2. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Can we not just "arrange"!!! for a good Glasgow lass to get him hitched with a couple of kids and tie him to Celtic Park for life.......surely

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If he continues like this, even grabs another goal or so in the remaining 2 CL games(especially against Barca) I can see Zidane coming in and taking him.

As someone said a few pages back, a move to them with him returning onloan would be good business. Even if it is another year down the line. Would mean us getting him for a total of 3 seasons, plus a terrific amount of money.

Its not ideal to be talking about selling our best players like this and some fans will see it as a form of defeatism but it is unfortunately just the way it is now. We have to accept he will be off sooner rather than later, just need to make sure we get the best deal possible.

£25m then a season's loan back please Zizou.

4. Cmcgregor90

Think you'll find Spurs wanted him for 6 million and Fulham knocked them back

5. CharlieMulgrini

I think it is for sure money, and Celtic's sad situation of playing in Scotland with the lack of competition for years. The waves of financial disparity between us and the English leagues, not to mention the other European super heavyweights. We are, as much as we dearly love our club, a feeder club for the bigger clubs. A testing ground. Crunching matches against the Rangers mob, and punching above our weight in Europe - the best leave for 10/20 million and up, and that is how it will be till we leave Scotland and play in a league that at least offers us CLOSE to the money the * English get.

But till then, we enjoy the ride, and really all that matters to me is 10 in a row. If we make it, i will cry with happiness that it happened in my lifetime.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Do we think he wants to be playing with us?

What kinda question is that pish?

Have you seen him doing a Bangura? Have you seen any hissy-fit's or already crying out for a move?

He was wanted by a host of top club's and has been on plenty of there radars. He's improved here hence the even bigger clamour and recognition he's getting, but it work's both way's, we've been as good for Dembele's profile, as he's been for us. He'd never played European football, Champion's League football or been called up for the French under 21's. Now look at the platform we've given him..

Also, he DIDN'T HAVE TO COME HERE. He's a smart kid (rare in football), and chose to pick the best place to develop his career..

When arguably the best footballer ever to come out of his country, and manager of the biggest club in the world, is telling him he's at the right place and to stay for a couple year's..... That's good enough for me..

We're in a fantastic place right now. Especially regarding Dembele..

7. jordan_

Think he will leave in summer. Hopefully will make a big profit then he goes *
    Talk about taking something out of context :56:

Why would Dembele want to stay here, honestly? He is a young player who wants to play at the top, news flash buddy that isn't in the SPFL.

He is enjoying his time here & no doubt we've improved him a lot and given him very good experience in the champions league. To think he's not already thinking about the next step is madness. Why shouldn't he?

i hope he is with us next season but i just can't see it. Between the extra money & his agent wanting to cash in.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I took it out of context, yet you've repeated some of the same pish again..

No bother mate..

9. kingpenman1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mate, i think you're needing a reality check. The only reason nowadays a player would want to remain at Celtic is if they weren't good enough to earn more money elsewhere.

10. Celticswede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He won't leave winter, but won't be surprised if he leaves for big money come summer if he keeps it up.

Huns seem convinced he's leaving winter, mostly because they're * and secretly jealous of us for having him

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Does no one on here actually listen or read what he says?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

12. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    He's literally said he wants to stay for MORE than 2 seasons, yet I've not seen a single person who thinks he'll stay for more than 1. The manager has said the same thing.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    What reality check do I need?

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Exactly.

Talks about wanting to stay here for a few years, talks about the need to develop his game, talks with a grounded head. Had the chances - and admits to - to going to so called bigger clubs, but chose here. He knows what he wants from playing here. I doubt he has current ambitions to play here for 7 years, but he certainly doesn't want to be a flash in the pan. He knows who we are and what he can achieve here and where he can go.

He wants to play his football here, develop for a couple of years and when he moves on to a big time club, he wants to walk straight in to the starting 11. He does not want to be a bench player or taking a back seat to someone else.
    If that means he plays here for 2 years before he moves on to a bigger club, then he will. And nothing so far suggests he is ready for the off yet.
    Think he is fully aware that one good start to a season doesn't make him the big time player yet, he will want to prove himself in the CL - needs to show he can do it more than one game, at a consistent basis before he moves on to a club who will be pushing for the later stages of the CL.

All this fear and doom and gloom (not defeatist, i know that) is * well depressing. Specially when everything that the player has done and said, tells us he will be here for more than 6 months to a year.
    First time I will worry for him being off, is if he bags a hat trick against City and Barca. Failing that, it will be 14months down the line when he has completed a CL group stage. Even then, think if we are in Europe beyond Christmas next season, he seems the sort that would want to stick it out to do best by the squad.

15. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The picture of him on Wikipedia needs updated, doesn't even look like him ffs :giggle1:

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    :56: your right, thats no even him is it?

[​IMG]

Looks more like him on the left there...

[​IMG]

Fucknos who that is though.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  19. HendyBhoy!

Hahaha just about to post something very similar !!

20. Shaun

Moussa Dembele has said himself, several times now "It is not about money, it is about me learning. I can only be the best by staying and playing at Celtic in Europe and do it in Europe" He and Rodgers also said "He/I Wants to stay here and prove he can be the best here, do it for the fans, club, Rodgers and himself" and he will only leave when he can WALK INTO ANY TEAM, he won't leave till he is a 'walk into any team' player, I don't think he will leave for a Club smaller than ours.< Or words to that effect, he is happy here, VERY HAPPY. We have him signed for 4 years, we will see 2, maybe 2 and a half years? we might see more. Celtic are a club you can fall in love with, make nights like Man City you a cult hero to a people and leave a legacy so strong it can't be untied. I think we must account for not reality of what we know as fans in the modern day, but more so what the media are doing. They are telling us we have him for 2 years. After Rogers arrived we just are getting better and stronger. But when we do sell this kid, and I hope in 4/5 years it will be for way over £50M if he keeps progressing, the longer he does what he is doing, his wage and price go up, him, his agent and the club are aware of this, he didn't come here for a quick get away, he is here to leave THE BEST, he has said it. Then we will have a manager with the money to go buy more of the same. Celtic are heading for the big time, to stay, this time...
    :shamrock:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Peej likes this.